Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 20:37:36 )
@Kozi: Kozi!!! <3 How are you? What's new?

@danie: More good stuff going on for you! Yay! <3

@Purpsy: Yes, it was nice to get out and have lunch with some folks I haven't seen in a while. But now I'm tired and a little headachey...

@MoodyB: Oh, gotta love it when things just take your money! /eyeroll/ I'm sorry. :(
The challenges sound like a good thing for you - are you enjoying them? It sounds like they're helping you achieve your goals :3
Oh? What app were you waiting for that is making its way to android?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 20:46:34 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I even filed a ticket for refund.
idk why that's an option if you don't give me my five bucks back.
and i even explained i had no idea it was automatically on auto-sub.
so that was rather...annoying.

so i am practically back where i started.
and kinda annoying that the tip i got, despite it being $20 they take a % out of that as well.

If i can finish them i usually enjoy them.
Often times they have deadlines. But i am working on one currently i am enjoying. tho i forgot how i paint faces
so that's...a bit difficult LOL.

i taught myself how to paint faces recently.
just using my old art.
[X]
Was going to incorporate this painting style[and try to finish painting the rest too if i can]
so my work wouldn't feel so dull.
but now i have to figure out how i did it LOL

it's called bubblehouse. It has a lot of cool features that IG does not offer.
Like wide pictures. instagram always cuts off my wide banner sized drawings. and this app lets you post them as is.
as well as a progress slider thing. which shows what your work looked like in WIP form up until the finished product.
it's so cool!

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 00:27:22 )

Had the scare of a life time today. We've been had a rat problem, and there's not really much we can do about it. Even if we got rid of the current ones, that's only a band-aid solution. Since our house has a ton of holes in it. Anyway, another pest has discovered the rats. A snake. Was getting out of my bed, and stepped on a f-bomb snake. It was at my bed.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 00:31:48 )

@Wildfire: Awe I hope you feel better soon or try to sleep in early tonight and get some good rest.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 05:37:22 )

@Wildfire: Life has been at a bit of a whirlwind lately. Most days I'm lucky if I know which end is up.
What about you? Better, I hope!

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 08:12:19 )

@Another Movie Addict: OMG!! I'm so sorry; I spent my adolescence living in an awful old trailerhome that had holes around the plumbing because the person that had put installed it was apparently an idiot, and I once was startled right before bed by an opossum in my room.

I'm really grateful there were never any snakes (at least that we knew about, yikes)!

Please ping me!

Voltie — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 12:01:31 )
Wildfire:

So you're in to animation? That's cool. Do you do this as a hobby or profession or are you just intrigued by the process and results, and watching other people create animations?

i mostly am interested in the process and seeing how different people might use different techniques to try and convey things like movement, emotions, etc within their work, whether it's fully rendered or like, an animated storyboard. and also how they interpret and pair up their characters' actions with any sound or music that they're using!! there's often a lot of detail work involved even when people make it seem pretty intuitive because of their skill and effort and i enjoy watching these things to better take note of and appreciate them.
i'm not an animator myself and have never really tried it aside from making a few small animated icons for personal use, i did go to school for graphic design and multimedia for some time though and drawing in general is one of my hobbies that i wanna get back into. :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 13:02:54 )

@CooperationIsKey: I've had an opossum come into my room too, and it would wake me up going through my trash can. Which is just rude.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 13:46:19 )
@MoodyB: I'm sorry that the platforms you're on seem to be "nickle and diming" you with fees, etc. I hope you can at least get your $5 returned :3
LOL at figuring out how to duplicate a style or effect that you've already done once, but almost accidentally! -- I know that feeling, and wish you the best of luck. The example you posted definitely has some "punch" and some interesting features... worth pursuing, IMO! :3 I'll have to keep an eye open for bubblehouse. I'm curious now!

@Another Movie Addict: That would have freaked me the hell out and made me furious as anything!

@Purpsy: Thank you. I slept reasonably well last night and am feeling pretty good this morning so far. How are you doing?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 13:46:46 )
@Kozi: I've been doing a bit of "not sure which end is up" lately too but it's kind of hit or miss. I'm still trying to figure that one out. I hope your "busy" is the good, productive type though :3 <3

@CooperationIsKey: Good morning.

@Aradia: I understand completely. So animation is obviously of interest to you, as an art form if nothing else, and as an artist yourself you can appreciate it and see certain things that others can't (me too - I get it). Cool. Watching videos like that could be a fun rabbit-hole to fall down once in a while :3

Good morning everyone.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 13:47:19 )

@Wildfire: Oh it freaked me out a lot.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 13:48:56 )
@Another Movie Addict: I bet it did! I'm assuming it wasn't one of the truly nasty species we have roaming around down here?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 13:50:14 )

I did not hear a rattle at the very least, we're pretty sure it was a rat snake. Which though not poisonous, would hurt like crazy if I had got bit.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 13:52:10 )
@Another Movie Addict: It almost sounds like you'd want one of them running around (not really). I'm glad it wasn't one of the poisonous varieties. I assume it has been found and ousted from the house now?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 13:55:26 )

Nope. It left through one of the holes under my bed. So it'll probably come back at some point. Thing was pretty fat from out rats.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 14:00:25 )
@Another Movie Addict: Wow. Just... I'm not even sure what to say. I get it... but wow. At least it's gone now. Maybe it will stay outside and help control rats from there?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 14:10:29 )

We sprayed some pest repellent under my bed, and a few other places. So hopefully that'll make it too uncomfortable to come back inside. And that being stepped on was scary enough.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 14:36:02 )

@Wildfire: That's good ^^
I slept like a baby too~

And a bit busy this morning but nothing too bad. How are you doing?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 14:57:45 )
@Another Movie Addict: I sincerely hope it works :3

@Purpsy: I'm glad you slept well last night. What's keeping you busy this morning?

I'm currently trying to figure out what my day should be. There's some cooking and meal prep stuff involved, probably some yard/garden type stuff, and some inside cleaning. Beyond that, I don't want to think about it yet! XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 14:58:44 )

My day should be folding the clothes piled on my bed, before I have to get ready for work.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.