Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:00:35 )

Today should go pretty alright, I hope. Going to discuss some stuff with both managers today. I researched a bunch of top 20/100 lists for kids' classics. Made up a list and guidelines for the kids' room. Since we didn't have a set thing for what is considered a children's classic.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:02:56 )
That sounds productive... and ambitious of you. :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:05:43 )

Very much so. ^w^ So today we're going to finalize what's on that list. Yesterday was very productive too. I managed to alphabetize an entire bookcase, fixed classics, and a few other shelves. Almost finished fixing the W's.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:07:40 )
Sounds like you've been taking names and kicking ass at the store! No wonder the managers love you

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:09:49 )

My coworkers keep telling me that I'm too dedicated to my job. XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:11:26 )
LOL. Because you're making them look bad.
If you enjoy what you're doing, and see room for improvements that you can actually implement, then why not do it....

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:15:56 )

During our meeting on Sunday, I was the only person asking questions and making suggestions on how to improve things. One of my coworkers decided I was 'too dedicated' because I understand the difference between general Christian nonfiction, devotionals, theology, and world religions.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:17:37 )
Knowing the differences between those things is not necessarily dedication to the job but rather just knowledge and education...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:19:23 )

Exactly. Besides most of the time, the back of the book will tell you what it is. XD Just read.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:21:37 )
That too. It sounds like you have some lazy, relatively uneducated coworkers.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:27:06 )

I do. One of them asked me how I always find something to do, when the major things are finished. Because there is literally always something to do. Done sweeping? Done wiping things down? Down cleaning up the shelves? Then look for misplaced books and put them where they go. It's not just us who make mistakes, customers put books in some random ass places. Lol just find those and put them back.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:31:33 )
So are you an abnormality, then... seeing things that need to be done and just doing them? Do your coworkers genuinely not see these things? or do they just not care?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:35:54 )

It depends on which coworker it is. One of them just plain doesn't give a shit, one of them just doesn't see what to do, and the other is just not trained well enough to spot mistakes.

Training at my store has been meh. So whenever I have one of them alone during closing clean up, I show them where the mistake is and explain where it goes and how best to spot the mistake.

Like To Killing a Mockingbird has been finding its way into general fiction, though Goodwill deems it a classic and thus goes in that section instead. I told them that if you were forced to read it for class, than 9 times out of 10 it's a classic. lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 14:59:06 )
It definitely sounds like you're putting yourself in a good spot with the company and are probably being looked at for a management position - which I know you've mentioned is the case.

I would definitely put To Kill a Mockingbird in the classics section.

LOL at the "if you were forced to read it" comment ... XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 15:02:24 )

Two of my coworkers hate reading, so the word forced works for them. lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 15:03:48 )
LOL. Yeah, I guess that word would resonate with them!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 15:04:54 )

Yep. Honestly though, we have a classics list for them to check. They just don't.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 15:07:06 )
Now that's just stupidly lazy, imo

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 15:08:23 )

It really is. I've been so frustrated with them.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 15:09:56 )
I would imagine. I would be ready to start throttling them ...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.