Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Inktober themes

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 16:08:27 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

Hello everyone,

i would like to do inktober this year (I've never done it before) and was thinking about themes and lists that I could do so I don't run out of ideas as the month goes on. I have already made my lists and themes, but cant decide which one to choose.

Here's my theme ideas:

gemstones
flowers
mythical creatures
monsters (film and games)
Disney characters
magic/witches/wizards

Which would you choose?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 22:52:47 )
The halloween/fall was kinda what I was leaning more towards too, but didn't necessarily want to spend the whole month drawing fanart. I suppose to be fair I could use a random number generator to choose something across those lists each day? I'm not sure

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 06:00:05 )
I'm thinking of doing either Pokemon again, Monster Gals, or maybe even Pokemon fusions. I have some weird ones saved that might be fun to draw:

https://imgur.com/a/q3nej

Will you be making a thread here, or should we each do our own? :o Having more pals doing it together would definitely be motivating!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 21:33:23 )
I Agree! having some kind of obligation to do it is a good motivator. I'm always meaning to try pokemon fusions but have yet to get round to it lol

Donator — Trash Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 00:06:47 )
Fanart is a gold mine for ideas. If you want to go that route, I'd suggest Studio Ghibli! Every scene is packed with detail so it would make a really fun subject for ink!

You could also go a little more abstract- I've seen folks try personifying things like colors, flowers, foods. The possibilities are way more than just 31 days' worth.

I hope you post them online. I really wanna see them!!

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 06:21:46 )
I'll try to start a thread for myself once Inktober starts, unless we get one big one. Then I guess it'll just be my own gallery thread, lmao.

Also heavily considering Sonic the Hedgehog art since Sonic Forces is coming out in November. hmm..
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 06:41:19 )
This sounds really cool. I might have to draw some of your themes you have here. :)

sell me rigs please♥

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 17:12:29 )
I'm going combine inktober with drawlloween:

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 22:10:00 )
sasha - I agree , but I also struggled to get a complete list at first coz I only wanted to draw monsters from films I have seen. Which as far as horror goes is like zero lol, but wanted it to fit with halloween. I did think about foods/sweets but didnt pursue it in the end.

Addy - It would be good to have a big one so we can motivate each other but I'm not sure I personally would be good at starting it lol.

Neko - I'm thinking about posting my lists on here, but might take a few posts, or PM me if you are interested.

Tuijp - I did look at drawlloween but there were days that I didn't like the look of and it put me off a bit, just coz if I wasn't invested I probably wouldn't try my best. I also thought about the 31 witches challenge, but it was much the same - I just didn't want to commit to it if I was gonna end up half trying.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 03:42:34 )
I probably will do the 30 days monster girl/boy challenge during inktober =v=
maybe add smutober or kinktober as well cuz its my way of a ninja

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 07:38:39 )
@nalight: someone made the thread lol

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 09:53:28 )
To be honest I'm still thinking of a few different ones! I may try to incorporate them all together somehow, but these were the ones I was thinking of. It's practically a few everyone was talking about! Haha
Witch
Smut
Gore
Monster girl

Donator — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 09:59:58 )
I just did random stuff last year. I like goretober though. xD

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 10:07:41 )
@shark: Haha doing random things is an easy way to keep yourself interested. But I like goretober as well. XD

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 11:22:52 )
You guys might also be interested in the Inktober Hangout
:D
foxotanashi
• A Nalightful Quest •

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 13:38:35 )
I'm such a noob, I didn't know there was a smut/kink/gore - tober.

Thanks Nalight :)

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 06:58:15 )
@dreamer676: Hahaha you're not a noob. A lot of people don't know about some of them.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 13:43:51 )
@roseywitch: I guess its impossible to know about ALL of them lol. How are you getting on with it so far?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 00:26:36 )
@dreamer676: That's right! Haha But I've got a sketch, I'm going slow with it since I need to do commissions as well. How's it going for you?

20-Lesbian
I'm randomly active bc of anxiety!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 02:31:31 )
@roseywitch: kinda ehh, tbh. I'm liking the sketches and the actual inking bit, but it all falls flat when I try and finish it. I bought a dip pen today though in the hopes it might do something to help :vanora_sweat:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.