Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 07:20:13 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The Prefect followed her to the door, and watched her go, making sure that she made her way to the rest huts. When she stepped inside, showing the crystal, the one manning the entrance looked over, and their gaze met the Prefect's... even from that distance.

They nodded to each other, before the guard stepped inside, to relay the message to those charged with maintaining the beds and such.

The Prefect then went back inside, looking at the half-finished tea that Callie had left.

"...she is not balanced." they muttered.

"In her is much... discord." they went on.

"She cannot save our world, they way she is." they then lamented, shaking their head slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 07:28:27 )

Callie didn't even properly notice or realise that she'd had to check in again. Once she was somewhere that she was able to just sit down, she did... and just sat there for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and half flopping back onto the bed. She quickly rolled onto her side, and just pulled her knees up close to her chest. It didn't take long before she was crying - silently of course - and rather strongly at that.

She'd taken a life.

Something that she'd never been prepared for, and she didn't know if she could actually come to terms with this, at least not easily.

She knew that she'd have to do so, though.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 07:40:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Even though her crying was silent... the elves there could tell she was distressed, at least.

But it was not their place to intervene with her. To interfere. They were merely there to make sure she slept, and did not cause any trouble. As such, they refrained from approaching her about it, even though a few weren't happy about it.

Sadly for Callie, sleep did not come easily for her. Her concern for Adym, as well as grappling with her conscience about what she had done, made it so that... at best, by the time the sun managed to shine through the windows, she had only gotten about 3 hours of sleep.

And even then, it had been broken up, and fitful, with horrific visions and nightmares plaguing her thoughts.

Unsurprisingly, when she decided to stir for the morning, she looked worse than when she entered the building.

And the elves there all looked upon her with concern in their expressions.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 07:53:58 )

Eventually, Callie had given up trying to get some more sleep before just sighing and getting up. She got to her feet, brushed herself off, made the bed that she'd been using so that it was in an easy state to either strip it down, or for the next person.

On her way out, she thanked them for leaving her be overnight, and allowing her the place to sleep.

"Are you all right?" One of the elves there asked, curious and a bit concerned. Callie paused before smiling softly.

"I will be." She answered before waving in a friendly wave and heading off. Her intention? She wasn't sure, if she was being honest.

Her feet ended up taking her to where it was that she'd taken Adym to. Surely, they wouldn't have more information for her, not yet. So she just sighed and opted to just turn to walk around, hoping to get to know the plac, as she didn't know how long she would be stuck there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 08:05:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she turned around, she saw many elves milling about... and almost all spared her a look.

Some with concern, some with interest.

Some with immense disdain.

She could guess that what she had done had gotten around, and remembered what the Prefect had said.

At the very least, she knew she was safe. She hoped so, anyway.

She also saw that the sun was shining brightly overhead... the first time she'd seen that in a while.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 08:13:46 )

Callie looked up at the sky, smiling softly. The warmth from the twin suns was definitely something she appreciated. It felt good on her skin. Actually, that was an understatement.

Callie would go so far as to say that it felt absolutely amazing on her skin.

However, while she knew that no one would likely attack her there, she realised that she didn't want to stay there for too long.

Wonder if Adym still has a place here... She wondered as she looked around. If he did, honestly, she'd prefer to be staying there, out of the way, somewhere she was sure that she would be more safe, protected. But, at the same time, she had no idea.

As she saw a shadowed figure in the distance, she paused.

.... oh yeah.... I should have asked. she thought before looking back to where she met the Prefect. She didn't want to go ask though, as she wanted to know who it was that had left just before she spoke with him.

She had her suspicions, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 08:27:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She saw the Prefect exit the building, and stand there, looking skyward. They then started to walk in the direction of the medical tent, but stopped when they noticed Callie, making their way to her.

"Good morning." they greeted her.

"...though you might say otherwise." they said.

"Seems your night was less than restful." they commented further.

"You sure you are well?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 11:26:32 )

Callie was silent before sighing and meeting his gaze.

"That.. is quite accurate." Callie commented with a srug.

"But I am all right. I just have a lot weighing on my mind for the moment." She added, not entirely sure what else to say for the moment.

"Actually, if I may inquire about something." She then said, changing the topic as she looked around, before looking back to him.

"... Does Adymir happen to have a home here still?" She asked. "Or was that forfeit when he left? Whether by his choice or not."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 21:26:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She saw the Prefect's expression sour a smidgen when she mentioned Adymir leaving, but it disappeared as soon as it arrived, and the tall elf cleared their throat lightly, before sighing.

"He does." they confirmed.

"It's always been here for him, and will always be here for him." they went on, gesturing off into the village. Callie followed his direction, and it seemed like he was pointing to a hut with a lighter green roof than those close to it.

"See the one with the light green roof?" they asked.

"I do, yes." Callie responded.

"That is Adymir's hut." the Prefect confirmed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 23:26:22 )

Callie looked over before looking back to the Prefect.

"All right then. Thank you." She said. She didn't miss that slight expecssion shift, either. She wasn't going to ask him about it though, would wait to ask Adym about it.

Assuming he woke, of course. She wanted to have every confidence he would for the moment, but there was no way for her to know, really.

She wasn't medically trained in any way, and she knew a concussion - which she was sure he had from the landing - wasn't something that would kill him normally... but it had been a couple of days since, and he didn't wake.

So she was a bit uneasy about it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 23:39:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Feel free to use it." the Prefect then told her. "Seeing as you are Adymir's friend, it seems, then it would probably be best if you stayed there until he awakens." they reasoned.

"Truth be told, I was on my way to check on him." they then admitted.

"...." they were then silent, before looking her over.

"Have YOU seen a medic yet?" they asked.

"Because it certainly seems like you should, if you have yet to."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 23:43:39 )

"I... had been about to pop my head in as well, before deciding against it. I would rather not be a bother." Callie answered honestly.

"Plus, it hasn't been that long since I arrived with him. I feel I cannot expect there to be much of any change quite yet." She added before sighing.

"And no. I have not. I went and just collapsed into bed." She answered.

"And I am certain I will be fine... once Adym is all right and I can get a good nights sleep."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 23:57:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." the Prefect was silent as Callie said what she did, and insisted that she would be fine... she thought.

They then sighed, and shook their head.

"If you say so." they replied.

"It is not my business to force my ideals of health and wellness on others." they reasoned.

"I bid you good day." they then finished, before turning and heading in the direction of the medical tent.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 00:11:41 )

Callie didn't say anything as he left, not entirely sure what it was that she could say here. She realised that he was likely just looking out for her, but she was sure tha tit was just a lack of sleep. She had a lot on her mind at the moment, after all.

She klooked over to where she'd been directed as being Adym's home, before sighing lightly.

I might as well just go stay there. she thought. And if he decides he does want to stay here, then I should make sure the dust is cleaned up. As she thought, she started to make her way to the location in question.

She had no idea what was going to meet her there, but knew that cleaning the dust and such would likely be a perfect distraction. She wasn't sure she could do much else for the moment.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.