Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat It...IS DONE!

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 02:57:58 )

My desk has finally been assembled! Waifu and I managed to work around Amazon's weirdness regarding some furniture not being available for me by ordering it from her end, but using my address for shipping. It arrived a few weeks back, but I didn't have all the tools necessary for assembly. Asked my dad for assistance. He would have helped, but he would be busy the days my mom wasn't home(parents do not get along at all). Then there was the scare of my brother possibly being infected with CoVid-19(dad didn't want to come and risk getting sick himself). We agreed to finally have it done this Friday... only for me to wake up this morning and see mom watching TV. She works on Wednesdays, so it was odd. Turns out someone at her workplace tested positive. Once again, dad wouldn't be able to come. I got fed up with it and had enough. I went to Home Depot, bought the tool I was missing and after dinner, I set to work on assembling the desk by myself. Yes, I could have asked my brother for assistance, but he's back to being his grumpy self. May have taken longer, but it's done! Everything's been put away or in its new spot on the desk, my drawing tablet has been set on the stand and overall, I'm happy to have completed that task. Now I can collapse and just take it easy for the rest of the night.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 03:15:47 )

Nice! My husband is still waiting for his desk.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 10:06:37 )
@devilkinboi: yay good for you for getting the job done.. and sorry u had to do it urself.. but atleast its done and dusted now ^.^

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 15:00:34 )

@LilMissKushy: Well, when you can't find someone to help, gotta do it yourself.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 16:49:50 )
@devilkinboi: yes this is true

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 17:09:30 )

@LilMissKushy: Although it was trickier doing it by myself, having to hold things while also screwing in the nails, I'm still glad I got it done.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 18:31:22 )
@devilkinboi: i bet your desk looks great ^.^ im no good with stuff like that xD

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 20:38:25 )
@LilMissKushy: I took a photo to show my friends and dad.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 21:41:43 )
@devilkinboi: very well done u did a good job ^.^

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 22:28:54 )

@LilMissKushy: Actually got to use it today. Work stuff.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 05:14:14 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

woohoo !! it looks great ^^
having to hold something up in order to screw it in - i've been there assembling furniture alone and it is Tricky! i think i ended up propping it up on my couch at some weird angle
i like the plushies :3

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 18:56:11 )

@xvz: I just had to adopt various positions in order to be able to hold it while simultaneously screwing it in. Wasn't easy. Save for the plague doctor, which I bought myself, the Bendy stuff were gifts from a friend.
Lucifer's Pet

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.