Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Random people keep signing up for things with MY email

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 13:50:31 )
"Don't ask your questions to the wall..."

So, this is the... 5th time I've had to contact some random site's support to get an account taken down, due to the fact that some random person is using my email to sign up for things. The first time was some kid signing up for Minecraft with my email, the following was Roblox, and Netflix. Now, some random person signed up for an Nvidia account using my email and I'm currently waiting for someone in the live chat on the site to respond to me >_>;;

"They keep their secrets locked inside."

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 14:01:20 )
Oh dear, that must've been really troublesome when someone (especially people whom you don't know) using your email to sign up without consent/permission D: And hopefully you'll be able to get some respond from said someone as soon as possible!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 14:02:35 )

I'm contacting "live support" and so far it's not... going well, lol

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 14:05:12 )
Oh. That is unfortunate, I'm guessing they're... *thinking* too busy or just... whatever they're doing.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 14:06:23 )

Apparently I can't even delete the account since it's not verified... but I don't want to verify it, not until I get the password/etc changed.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 14:08:55 )
That sucks :x Hmmm.... Maybe leaving the account if deleting said account is impossible might be the only choice. Pretend that it doesn't exist. (Sorry for the bad advice)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 14:45:04 )

Do you have a really common email or somehting? Or is it more sinister than that?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 14:56:02 )

I guess it is a common email - I managed to reset the password and verify the account, now to contact support again. Fun.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 15:25:37 )

@KDA Drew: Yeah, I figured it was from one of the data breaches my email was in - thankfully, nobody's actually gotten into the email itself since I used 2FA. I use haveibeenpwned to monitor breaches and such - it's a little annoying, considering it's really easy to just... make your own email >w>;;

Oh, and an update on my situation - in 48 hours the account will be deleted!!! 🎉

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 16:00:31 )

★ ★ ★
    UGH i've had someone sign up for netflix and spotify with my email address and im just. why. stop
    double-triple checked the security on my email and its fine so im just likeeeeee okay

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 16:01:59 )

It's the worst honestly - I don't get the appeal of using someone else's email to sign up for things ??? Isn't it weird to do that???

I had a ghost Netflix account, not sure how it was made 'cause I'm pretty sure it's required to put in your birthday + name - the account that was associated with my email had literally no info on it lol

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 17:18:51 )

★ ★ ★
    someone just signed up for zoom with my email today 😂 why

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 18:19:29 )

Is it really so hard for people to make their own email smh

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.