Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Just found I might have been exposed...

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 04:14:44 )
I just got off the phone with my gma... my cousin went to party thursday and one of the girls participating tested positive today. Said cousin also did both of my gma's hair yesterday. Later that day I took my gma supper and hung out with her. So now, both of my grandmothers, my grandfather, my dad, my brother, aunts/uncles/cousins, and I have potentially been exposed... I'm so fucking pissed I have no words.

I have been so careful for my grandparents/myself. My extended family thinks this is all blown out of proportion and are saying it's fine.

Just... so incredibly angry and frustrated.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 04:19:38 )
Oh goodness!!

I hope nobody gets it in your family, but I'd be feeling pissed too if I were you. I hope your cousin is now self-isolating.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 04:22:27 )

i hate hate hate when corona isn't taken seriously

i really hope nothing serious happens to you or any of your family

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 06:31:12 )

Oh my gosh that's so scary! I hate it when people don't take it seriously too.
I hope that you didn't get infected. It might not have been enough for your cousin to give it to you, and if she saw you right after the party then maybe it wasn't enough time to make her infectious. I think it takes two days? Don't quote me on that but see what you can find.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 20:03:25 )
@Aisukohi: Thanks. Knowing her I doubt it though :/

@pachi: Like, I get it that we live in the middle of nowhere but it was only a matter time. We've def seen an uptick in cases since they "opened everything up again" here. It's just willful ignorance at this point. For my grandparents sake, I hope it comes to nothing. It would be the absolute worst I told you so

@Totalanimefan: The path of infection would have been party girl -> cousin -> her family and my visiting cousins who were helping move another cousin -> my grandmothers -> my grandfather, dad, and brother living with my paternal grandmother and me who visited my maternal grandmother. When my sister had a scare at her work they told her it could take up to the 14 days for her to show symptoms :|
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 20:07:55 )
@Lilykin: Ugh, willful ignorance is the worst. I really do hope nothing comes of this for you guys. I honestly don't know what I'd do in that situation other than cuss my family member out.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 21:54:57 )

@Lilykin: Yeah it can take up to 14 days. After 7 days you can get tested to see even if you aren't showing symptoms.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 21:29:29 )
I just found out on Saturday that my hospitalized brother has the 'rona. I dunno if he got it from me, and where I could have gotten it from, but I'm self-isolating as I type, and I'm going to get tested tomorrow(even though I won't get the results back for a week). I don't feel sick, but still. I'm going to be self-isolating and only going out when necessary(or to my front porch for the occasional smoke break).

ADDITIONAL(8/10/2020): I finally checked on my results after waiting for them to call -- they came back "{not detected", which I'm GUESSING is the same as negative? If so, I'll take it!
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.