Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Camp Breaker 2020 Team Metal Cabin

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 18:17:53 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

omg!! i'm glad u like it :-D i can't remember which one bc i think a lot of voltra ppl go by something else on there but yay!!!

and oh nice!! i had no idea, i'll try to squeeze in a few before then :3

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 18:34:42 )
@kiwi: I did a couple of things that really needed to be done, now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my afternoon, especially since Voltra is being a little laggy. I'd like to go for a walk or a hike, but it's hot out there.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 20:13:31 )

omg i'm so glad u like it ^^ <3
i bookmarked a few of ur characters, i really liked the skull one and atlas too :3

hehe ty , i think i just gotta keep doing it!!! if i do it lots hopefully i can find it
it's only been a few months of getting back into this kind of art so i'm hoping if i just keep going and trying things i'll get there eventually ^^

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 20:15:06 )

btw are there any websites or art communities you would recommend??

wildfire i feel u it's been too hot to go outside where i am too!! i need to get groceries lol but i keep putting it off cuz of the heat

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 20:22:14 )

Hello team, I'm alive finally.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 20:28:21 )

hey priestess, nice avi ^^
u r a big cat !!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 20:30:53 )
@kiwi: Yeah... it says it's 96°F out there... and that this feels like 106° so yes, hot out there. Ugh. Maybe I'll wait until later to go for a walk.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 20:31:35 )
@Priestess of Pie: Good... morning??

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 20:40:58 )

Today is a complete wash for me lol. Ah well I probably needed a good sleep day.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 20:41:16 )
@kiwi: I do have the camelback backpack, but I wasn't going to bring it (just a normal water bottle instead). I was thinking of hiking through one of the local natural preserves - so it would be fairly shady and noticeably cooler, but right now, I'm thinking of waiting until a little later.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 20:43:29 )
@Priestess of Pie: Oh, I hear ya on that one!

@kiwi: No, I don't think it's too much to do something like that.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 20:44:17 )

I mean, the other teams have little extras they're doing so I don't see why not. We're pretty far behind though lol.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 20:54:39 )

But like, would it even matter? We only get points when team metal posts in here.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 20:54:50 )

soo i think the last time i did this style of digital/character art was also around middle/high school, also bc of avi sites! but as i got older i was encouraged to focus on like ... """fine art""" and i mostly did realism / oil painting / fig drawing etc. (in addition to some 3d/experimental art/tech stuff but that's v different lol) - i think there just wasn't really support/community for this style of art around me so i ended up doing other kinds of art instead

but now that i'm back on voltra it's been super cool to see this community - like artfight, toyhouse, etc, and am v excited to get back into it :-)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 20:58:46 )

i just left irl ig/twitter Lol it was too much from this year but i am thinking of rejoining JUST for following art accounts Only!
i would love to check out pillowfort!! :0

the only community i knew of from the past was deviantart lol idk how that's regarded these days
one friend mentioned artstation but it's a lot more catered towards industry

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 21:00:46 )

I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to work but I have no way of confirming. It doesn't say either way on the FAQ lol. Whoops.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 21:01:36 )

ah i think they only count team member posts :< though it does help ur team if u have more ppl to reply to lol

yall are so close to 100 tho lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 21:03:13 )

i think it's just team posts! i thought i read it somewhere ...
you can also tell bc the team page # of team posts is smaller than the thread post counts

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 21:03:14 )

Deviantart still exists and people do still use it but it's nowhere near the community it used to be. Honestly I have a really hard time keeping up with social media in general. =(

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/1 21:05:24 )
I don't think we have nearly as many people on our team as some of the others - I've seen under a dozen of us here posting!! We're not doing badly in terms of posting if you take that in to consideration.

I'm not sure how they would count only team members' posts instead of overall post count, really (yeah, it could be done, but ... )

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.