Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Camp Breaker 2020 A Clawful Catastrophe

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 15:41:17 )
Her name is sweetpea! Even though she’s usually quite ornery loool. I did not name her she came with the name and I still question why.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 15:47:22 )
oh they'll bat the pens off the desk when they want to haha
but that's it

but yeah they love getting into whatever I'm doing

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 15:50:32 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

lol! it's fun when names and personalities are opposite tho
do you let her fly around inside or is that not something you're supposed to do as a bird owner >w>

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 15:51:36 )

e that means they lub u :3
maybe i'm not a pet owner lol
i'd rather have them bother me than ignore me tho?? (probably easier said lol)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 15:55:04 )
I do let her fly around inside! She’s got bad eyesight though so usually she ends up smacking into something and ending up on the floor and then just trotting around after that.

The vet I had taken her to when I first got her said I could clip her wing feathers to keep her from flying but I knew she’d be in the cage most of the time and when she’s not I don’t mind keeping an eye on her so I didn’t bother.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:03:10 )

omg! lol i hope it doesn't hurt <3 bc i feel like that would be hilarious to see lol
i love a trotting cockatiel! hehe

i think i would feel bad abt clipping their wings :-(
i feel conflicted abt having a bird bc i love them!!! but i would hope they would enjoy being stuck indoors w me lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:08:08 )
She always seems dazed but not worse for wear? I feel a little bad about letting her smack into things but it’s usually because she’s being an idiot about where she’s flying and not just because she can’t see. She knows where the landing spots are in this apartment by now she shouldn’t actually be smacking into anything anymore loool.

Yea that’s how I feel too. I got sweetpea from family that decided they weren’t bird people so I was saving her from a worse fate more than anything else.
If I ever get another bird I’m going to get a pidgeon. Pidgeons were actually bred to be pets which is why the ‘wild’ ones are so people friendly now and why there’s so many of them in cities - they’re basically the ancestors of ex-pets that were let go because they weren’t wanted anymore.

I want either a cat or a ferret or a sugar glider next though. Something a little more cuddly than sweetpea haha.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:20:30 )

awww lol i hope it's not too bad
hopefully not if she's ok w doing it...? like if it hurt a lot i feel like she would learn to avoid it
i gotta say it sounds really cute haha (as long as it doesn't hurt too bad!)

oh that's a good reason, i would totally do the same in that situation<3
i didn't know that at all abt pigeons!! honestly pigeons are sooo pretty if anyone stopped to look at them, tho ppl in my city (nyc) definitely take it for granted haha bc they are everywhere!!
i haven't heard of anyone w a pet pigeon before :0

that would be so cute ^^ ferrets are adorable! i've never pet a ferret or sugar glider before :0

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:21:09 )

also sometimes my posts get long Lol feel free to ignore parts of it / no pressure to respond to the whole thing (or at all lol)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:28:10 )
I’m a long discussion style poster too no worries!
Although I’ve got work in a hot minute so I might disappear for long periods of time for the rest of today.

I assume so too? I keep an eye on her and I’d got to the vet the second I thought something was wrong. She literally acts like a person would if they accidentally smacked into a glass door because they didn’t see it (Which is what I have done) Like it hurts for a minute and you’re like ‘the heck’ but then you’re fine.

Yea pidgeons were the most popular in the victorian era if I remember correctly. That’s why they have the really pretty feather patterns in different colors too - people were breeding them to look prettier loool. I think some people still keep them as pets but they’re obviously a lot more uncommon now.

I’ve seen a sugar glider in person and I’ve gotten to hold a ferret before. I was delighted when I got to hold one they’re like small long cats basically from the size and weight. My mother used to have a ferret - I think temperamentally they’re not far off from cats either but I’m not positive. I think they’re usually kept in a cage most of the time though... I would do more research when I actually decided to get one.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:28:37 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Omg, pigeons are awesome if you can train them. I’ve only been able to care for parrots, but I would like to have pigeons and doves one day. uwu

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:29:10 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Also, what up peeps? I’m sneakily posting from work again... >3>

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:31:28 )
@koneko
no I haven’t owned one before just know my mother has had one and been able to interact with one at a pet store once. That’s good to know that the older they are the cuddlier they are!

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:33:41 )

Hello peoples~
I should try posting more here to help the kitten and get more poses unlocked

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:36:50 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I LOVE KITTIES, MAN. I’m trying to spread my love to both threads. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:38:11 )
@koneko:
If they’re chiller that’s probably better for getting used to taking care of them too.... That’s such a good idea on a few levels. Thank you for that!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:38:32 )

oop falling behind lol just wanna say i am a longer form poster by nature too !! and should also definitely be working rn lol

ferrets as small long cats .....

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:44:46 )

ahh its ok to pace urself ^^ we have almost 2 weeks, i think at this rate we should be able to hit 200 before the event ends!

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:45:28 )
@koneko:
I’ll try! It probably won’t be for a whiiiiile though. I’d want to get into a bigger place at least before I get another pet and that’s definitely not happening until after the pandemic is less of an issue and who knows when that’ll be.
Creme and Sugar - A One Slot Bribe Shop

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:45:39 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Gunslinger

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 'pokes head in sleepily' hello 'waves' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.