Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Echoes of One's Past

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 05:07:35 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris growled a little.

"No she won't." he said.

"I won't let you!" he declared.

He then pulsed out more mana, causing the quartz to start to shake a little bit... and then they started to all pulse out smaller mana pulses.

However, they were doing so in such a way, that it was interfering with the shadow.

The pulses were erratic and of different concentrates, it was finding it hard to adjust to them, and therefore was unable to try and enter Hazel's body.

"I know that if you cease to exist... the contact is broken between your kind and Vanessa." Chris strain, straining to keep the quartz chunks pulsing.

"And I know that if you can't enter a body within a certain amount of time... you cease to exist."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 05:18:46 )

The shadow refused to give up. It kept trying to do ... something,... anything... with Hazel.

Sometimes it managed to get its claws into her, othertimes not at all.

At some point, it changed targets. It went for Chris, somehow managing to get into his head for a few seconds, at least.

However, that happened a few times, but didn't last forever. It took about fitteen minutes before it faltered, flickered a few times, before breaking apart like a sand sculpture

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 05:49:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

While all of this didn't take TOO long... it took long enough.

Ayla was laying on the floor, motionless. So was Hazel now.

And Chris was barely keeping it together.

It had taken so much mental strength and fortitude from him, that blood was starting to trickle down from his nose... before he, himself collapsed onto the floor.

That was when Hal burst in, texting Angela to either get to the room herself quickly, call a team to get there, or both.

The trio needed help, and they needed it NOW.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 05:57:41 )

Angela, who had been on staby waiting for the text she was sure was coming, read it and quickly had one of the others there use their mana and get her along with some gear, down to where Hal was.

Sure enough, a matter of a minute later, she appeared outside the room, making her way inside.

"All right. Give me the details." She added, her voice sharp, but in a professional sense.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 06:21:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed.

"Well..." he said, before giving her the lowdown of what he had witnessed from the small window in the door.

"So it seems that the elf collapsed from the overall stress and strain of the ordeal, as has Hazel." he went on.

"And Jenkins most likely from exerting as much effort as he did, for as long as he did." he then said.

"They all need serious help." he continued.

"And I will literally do anything and everything I can to help." he told her.

"You KNOW what I mean by that, too." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 06:27:41 )

Angela was silent before looking a the three of them, taking stock of what it was that she could see.

"Two things, then." She stated.

"One: I wish for all three to be in a kind of stasis, so that there is no urgency or time limit to tend to anything that may need to be handled." She said simply.

"And Two: I wish for all three to be transported to open beds in the medwing." She paused. "Preferably together in the same area."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 06:50:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent, before thinking about it.

"Second wish: granted." he told her, snapping his fingers and causing the three of them to disappear.

"First wish: granted, but temporarily." he went on, snapping his fingers again.

"You still have a time limit. But it's not urgent." he continued.

"Basically, I can induce that kind of stasis for a month at most. Any longer, and their mana will start to... well... act weird." he muttered.

"It's just one of those weird quirks of mana." he sighed.

"However, you DO have an additional month before... well... the official time limit for them starts."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 06:52:08 )

Angela paused, blinking a few times.

"... I actually meant like a couple hours." She admitted.

"I hadn't expected anything too extreme at all." She added with a sigh.

"but than kyou. That will help immensely. I just know that I'd be hard pressed to tend to all three immediately."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 07:16:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....oh." Hal mumbled.

"Eh-heh." he chuckled.

"Well... hm." he muttered.

"Ah!" he then exclaimed, snapping his fingers.

...which caused a small sapphire to appear in Angela's hand.

"Okay, didn't mean to actually DO that..." Hal admitted.

"But if you put that sapphire on each of them, it'll end their stasis." he informed her.

"Once it absorbs all three, it'll shatter and dissipate into dust."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 07:20:39 )

"Well, that's definitely handy." Angela commented before sighing lightly.

"all right... can I leave this room to you?" She asked, her voice curious.

"Because I need to head to the medwing to tend to them."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 07:41:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Of course." Hal replied.

He then paused for a moment.

"Should call Zeke and tell him he can return now..." he muttered.

"Don't need him unnecessarily staying away..." he went on.

"Regardless, go and do what needs doing." he then told her.

"Let me know your progress when there is any."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 07:47:47 )

Angela nodded.

"Yeah, of course." She agreed.

"I'll keep you posted." With that, she sighed lightly before heading off toward the medwing.

---

A few days later, Chris woke to .... a rather oppressive aura in the room. When he looked, he saw one that would be either good or bad, depending on his outlook on it.

Ashleigh was sitting in a chair, dicking around on her phone.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 08:00:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Chris was silent, pondering whether or not to keep pretending he was asleep, before deciding it was time to get it over with.

"All right." he said.

"I'm awake." he told her.

"So, tell me. Why are you here?" he asked.

"I can think of a number of reasons... and most of them end with you giving me what I arguably deserve." he went on.

"But... humour me, I suppose." he continued.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your company?" he asked, his tone having a surprising lack of sarcasm.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 08:04:44 )

Ashleigh was completely silent for a few seconds as she locked her phone and put it in her pocket.

"I'm here to grant you a chance." She answered.

"However, it won't feel pretty." she continued.

"vana's mana is vile, as I'm sure you're aware."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 08:27:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"A... chance?" Chris asked, confused for a moment... before it clicked.

"...I see." he said.

"Tell me." he then went on.

"Can you do it for Ayla as well?" he asked.

"Because I'll say it right now... if you free me from Vanessa, but it has to be a life without Ayla... just kill me know." he told her.

"She's all I have now." he mumbled.

"I can't go back to Vanessa, nor do I WANT to, and I have nobody else willing to tolerate my existence." he continued.

"...well, present company excluded, for however long." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 13:22:19 )

Ashleigh didn't say anything, just rolled her eyes.

"You know I won't kill you." She stated simply.

"In everything my sister did to me, she could never make me kill someone else, even with her mana involved." She added.

"But, I cannot guarantee that Ayla will even agree with it." She continued. "I can offer it, but who knows. She may honestly reject it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 22:06:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....whatever." Chris replied.

"Just do it." he said.

"I feel her clawing her way back into my brain." he told her.

"Dunno how long before I just give up and equate life without Ayla to being back in Vanessa's servitude." he went on.

"So might as well yank it from me now." he reasoned.

"If it works, then I'm never going back and I can be put on trial and probably put to death. If it doesn't, I'll die and we've skipped a whole lot of middlemen and red tape." he shrugged.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 22:10:17 )

Ashleigh just quirked an eyebrow, not entirely sure what it was that she was supposed to make of that.

That... wasn't the Christopher she knew. Not even when her sister first acquired him.

this was far different, and it was jarring.

She didn't say anything before getting to her feet and making her way over. She held one hand on either side of his head, knowing this wouldn't be a picnic for him, before trying to extract the mana. When that didn't work - not that she was surprised, she growled before sitting down again.

"all right, Chris." she started.

"You have a choice. That didn't work, and I probably gave you a migraine with it." she continued.

"You can stya like this, or be mine for a bit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 22:27:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She could tell she'd given him a migraine.

The tears from his eyes proved it, even if he wasn't saying anything.

That's when he looked at her, his eyes filled with a quiet panic.

"Get her out of my head!" he suddenly exclaimed.

"I'd rather die than go back to her!" he told her.

"I don't care what happens to me at this point, so long as I don't endanger Ayla!" he continued, before pausing.

"...more than I already have..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 22:31:00 )

Ashleigh was completely silent for a few seconds before nodding.

"This will last for about a week." She told him honestly.

"I'm only half dark elf, I don't have the finesse for timiung that a full elf would have." She added.

"So... yeah. Heads up." She said, proving she was notably better than her sister, as she was actually warning him, seeming to care aout what it was that he was thinking of all this.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.