Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Echoes of One's Past

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 06:23:35 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke blinked a couple of times.

"That's..." he muttered.

"Know what, I shouldn't be surprised." he grumbled.

"There's NO low that woman won't stoop to." he mumbled further.

He then paused for a moment, and narrowed his eyes.

"...and I think I know what he meant when he said I was your salvation, as... overly dramatic at that sounded..." he went on.

"I can almost feel something watching us... but it's staying away..." he continued.

"Yeah, might be best if you stick close to me. For now, anyway." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 06:28:03 )

Ayla just closed her eyes for a moment, taking a controlled breath.

"... due to everything... I'm just..." She started, biting her lip for a moment.

"I can feel it, both the overall presence of the shadow hovering around us, and the impulse, the pull, to leave the bit of safety here and return to where it can grab me again." she admitted.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 06:45:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke responded by placing his hand on her shoulder.

In doing so, she felt a little more oppressed by his mana... however, the pull... the impulse to leave the 'safety zone'... was also lessened slightly.

"Stay with me." he told her.

"Just... stay here." he muttered.

They then made their way to the receptionists office, and Zeke sighed.

"Tell Agent Sharp that someone seeking asylum is here." he told her.

She did so, and the door was opened by Hal... with Hazel still there.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 06:52:28 )

Hazel was sitting on the loveseat he had in there, not looking to be in the most stable mental position, in the sense of how she looked ready to just break down, completely, again.

"We have someone seeking asylum here." She said, echoing what Zeke had told her to. Hazel, meanwhile, when she heard that just got to her feet, approaching the door.

"I..." She started.

"I'll leave you to your work. thank you... so much. for your time." She said, still sounding rather submissive, but better than she had been at the initial breakdown.

Before Hal could say anything, she had left. She hadn't seemed to be unimpressed or anything, merely trying to get out of his way for the moment.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 07:12:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent, before sighing.

"....damn it." he muttered.

"Anyway, have a seat." he told Ayla.

"Will you be staying?" he asked Zeke.

"I think it's in her best interests for me to." Zeke replied.

"Very well." Hal said.

"Now... please give me a little information about yourself." he then said to Ayla.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 07:19:17 )

Ayla was silent, taking a breathe before beginning.

"My name is Ayla." She started.

"I can't even remember my family name any longer, it's been too long." She continued.

"I'm a wood elf, and my brother and I were taken in my Vanessa Encrae a good long while ago." She paused here, biting her lip slightly.

"She originating for me to house something that can honestly be classified as nothing more than the shadow. I have very little recollection of while they were still within me, using me as nothing more than a host, but I do know that they chose to come here themselves."

"Someone here is, was? being tormented by one of their kind, and they wanted to reprimand them."
She paused here, letting them both take in the information. She wasn't sure what else to say for the oment anyway, that was a brief summary of what was going on, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 07:38:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Both Zeke and Hal were silent, but it was Hal that broke the silence.

"I see." he said.

"This is... a lot to take in." he commented.

"But the fact that you were used as nothing more than a housing for this... thing..." he went on. "It's... horrible." he sighed.

"Is there any way you can help us with them?" he asked.

"Do you know how to deal with them?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 07:49:57 )

Ayla was silent for a moment before just sighing silently.

"I... there is something that can work, but..." She paused before looking out the window.

"It's... got to be done under very specific circumstances, and requires specific mana." she answered.

"I... will have to have something, I'm not sure what can work, but blockers of some sort to make it that it cannot get out again." She continued.

"But it would have to be me, and Christopher, as well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 08:01:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....Chris." Hal muttered.

"Very well." he said.

"We'll do whatever we must." he told her.

"We'll gather what we need." he went on.

"Is there anything we can do for you in the meantime?" he then asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 08:02:38 )

"I ...." Ayla started, pausing a moment. She wasn't entirely sure what to say for a few seconds before pausing.

".... a bite to eat would be lovely." She admitted.

"I've been a host for that thing for far longer than I care to admit." She continued, "and it doesn't feel the need to eat. As a result, t doesn't, and I'm feeling the effects of it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 08:20:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Of course." Hal replied.

"Zeke, would you mind?" he asked Zeke.

"Not at all." Zeke responded.

"Anything I need to know about allergies?" Hal asked Ayla.

"Anything to avoid, or anything you need, or whatever?" he asked further.

Already she was being treated with more kindness and respect than with Vanessa... it was something she hadn't experienced in a LONG time.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 09:05:12 )

Ayla was completely silent. She didn't show how stunned she was, didn't want to admit this was real, either, though.

"Ah, right. No allergies or intolerances." She answered honestly.

"Mi.... Encrae never would have let me survive if there were any."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 21:45:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal merely sighed.

"I suppose I should have thought of that." he said.

"Very well." he mumbled.

"Before you go, is there anything else you need for this... ritual, or whatever it is?" he asked.

"You mentioned you need Jenkins, and something to keep this... thing... inside your body." he went on.

"Do you need anything else at all? A room with specific conditions, or anything else at all?" he asked her.

"I get the feeling we only get one shot at this, and we need to do it right the first time." he muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 21:48:38 )

Ayla was silent for a moment.

"A few thing.s" She answered honestly.

"This boy to be at least 20 feet outside of the building." She started.

"Very possibly more quartz than you have. That will be something to collect for the next bit." She continued before sighing, "And a dark room. Preferably underground, but it won't be a huge issue if it's not." She paused.

"Last thing would be someone that it would be quite interested in tormenting."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 22:23:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." both Hal and Zeke were silent again.

"Yes, whatever it is seems to dislike my presence, and is staying away from me." Zeke commented.

"So it makes sense she'd want me to be away, for this to get done." he reasoned.

"I see." Hal responded.

"A dark underground room is no issue." he then told Ayla.

"We have access to PLENTY of quartz as well." he assured her further.

"As for the last... well... I'll find someone willing to fit that role." he then finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 00:24:09 )

Ayla nodded.

"Sorry about the requirements... I know that it isn't something particularly good to need to find a victim." She commented.

"Also.... one of those that have been previously targetted, have survived, would be best, I think." She added.

"I don't know who would be best for that, but I do know you have a few within these walls that have been targetted and attacked."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 01:03:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal sighed deeply.

"I know who would comply the most readily for this." he said.

"And I don't like it." he growled.

"Hazel?" Zeke asked.

"Hazel." Hal confirmed.

"But she'd do it in the sense that she'd be following orders." he lamented.

"Even if I wasn't ordering her to."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 01:06:14 )

Ayla was silent for a moment, obviously confused.

"What? Why?" she asked.

"You.... aren't one that would have the kind of power over someone, as far as I can tell." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 01:29:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't." Hal muttered.

"It's... just..." he said further, before sighing again.

"Hazel is a refugee from Vanessa as well." Zeke told Ayla.

"...but Encrae's cruel teachings and treatment have left some... deep scars in her mind." he went on.

"Sometimes she reverts back to how she was expected to act around the woman." he continued.

"When that happens, we usually have her only do small tasks so she feels useful, or have her relax and sit it out."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 01:37:52 )

Ayla was silent as all was said.

"I..." She started before smiling softly.

"I'm not a perfect fix, but I'm a wood elf, I can possibly help." she said simply.

"... or chris will. He IS a dark elf, or at least a form of. He should be able to do a lot of good for her and her mental state." She paused a moment.

"... after all this is done."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.