Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Echoes of One's Past

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 08:24:12 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Chris was silent as he saw that Hazel was just picking at the food.

"Uh..." he stammered.

"So... well..." he muttered, before sighing.

"How are you doing?" he asked.

"I... haven't really seen you or heard anything about you since... well... that ritual." he mumbled.

"You... doing all right? Or any semblance of anything close to that?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 11:08:02 )

Hazel was silent.

"what can I do for you?" She asked, something to her voice.

"... I assume you have come to speak to me due to wanting something form me. So how may I serve you." There was actually some bitterness there, which was a far cry from what it was that he'd heard back when she was still part of Vanessa's collection.

she had that subservient streak, definitely, but she wasn't able to let her distaste of him fall by the wayside, it seemed.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 21:32:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her bitterness and pointed tone stung at him, he wouldn't lie... but he also couldn't fault her for it. He hadn't spoken to her since the ritual, and this newfound sense of conscience and moral compass was still something even HE couldn't believe he had.

So it was only fair that she make the assumption that he wanted her to serve him in some way.

"I... no..." he stammered.

"I don't want anything from you..." he told her.

"Not necessarily, anyway." he said further, before just sighing heavily.

"...I really don't like that this is how you turned out, though." he then muttered. "But I suppose, again, that's Vanessa's fault... mostly." he said further, thinking about it.

He and Vanessa's other 'helpers' played a factor, too.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 21:58:49 )

Hazel was silent for a moment.

"Oh well." Was all she said with a shrug. She didn't know what else to say, what it was that she was supposed to make of that. What she knew about him really did say that this was probably just another ploy to test her devotion to Encrae. She knew that she wasn't there, that she was actually somewhere that Encrae couldn't easily reach, but seeing him again, combined with how she was already not in the best of shapes mentally, really did help to bring all that to the surface.

"It is what it is." she added after a few seconds. She just... she sounded like she'd just given up, accepted that this was the life she was going to have now. Then again, it wouldn't be hard to guess that she couldn't fight it, currently.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 02:39:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

That seemed to do it for him.

His eyes narrowed when she said what she did, in the tone that she did.

"That's it." he said.

"Distrust me all you want, but you don't deserve this life." he growled.

Then, before she could react, his eyes were glowing light blue, and he gently grabbed her by both sides of her head, in a motion that was so quick, nobody really had any time to react.

Once he did so, Hazel's mental state started rewinding... fast. However, she had been through a LOT in a very short amount of time, so Chris was finding it hard to do this. In the end, he had to stop to just before she had fallen victim to her first encounter with the shadows.

But everything was gone from that moment, until now.

Chris's eyes then returned to normal, and he slumped back in his chair, drained and exhausted now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 02:50:21 )

Hazel was silent as Chris did what he did, but didn't know what the hell it was that she was supposed to do, what she could do for that matter.

By the time that he'd finished and slumped back, Mira was already there. Hazel, meanwhile, had her head in her hands, as that was far too much of a rush for her, and it wasn't hard to tell.

"Hazel, are you all right?" The dwarf asked. Hazel didn't say anything for a moment, not knowing what it was that she could actually say here.

"I.... Maybe?" She asked.

"I don't.... " When she looked up, there was a bit of a vacant look to her, but it was different than what it was with dark elf mana. She looked lost, instead.

"I think so?" she asked, knowing that really wasn't an effective answer.

"I just... I'm going to go and .... fuck, I'm gonna go back to my dorm. I feel like I just need to get some sleep, or something." Was the last she said, and was gone before anything else could be said or done.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 03:26:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris was silent as she left.

"Good." he said.

"She just need to sleep now." he told Mira.

"Once she does that, she'll have her head on straight." he went on.

"...she'll be missing time, though." he then warned.

"Last thing she'll remember is going to the medical wing for something." he continued.

"And that was about... a week and a half ago." he said further.

"So yeah, she's lost about a week and a half of memories... but all the trauma and such that had accrued within that time."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 03:27:52 )

The dwarf was silent for a few seconds before sighing.

"You know she's going to be checked over, right?" She asked.

"You've done some good, yes, but you're still one that could have something or other laced within."

"Now, eat up. We gotta get you back to where you've been staying."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 03:42:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"By all means." Chris replied.

"Have someone check her right now if you want." he shrugged.

He then managed to finish his food, before sighing.

"Let's go." he told her, weakly getting to his feet.

"I need to collapse and probably just do nothing." he said further.

"That took a lot outta me."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 03:51:00 )

"Of course." She said simply, before they headed off.

---

A day or two later, he was in the medwing to see if Angela could help with how drained he was, as it hadn't been recovering too quickly.

While waiting though, he overheard some conversation.

"Yeah... I'll be all right. Don't worry about it." He heard from a woman in a room nearby.

"Angela was saying I will be really out of commission for awhile, though." She then said. "But I'm alive, so ... that's good enough."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 04:14:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm?" he mumbled.

"Must be that chemist." he said.

"It really is." another male voice answered her.

"...actually, from what I heard, you weren't supposed to make it." he went on. "It seemed like you were going to die almost immediately, but someone that was here managed to.. well..." he muttered further, before stopping.

"How do I put this...?" he wondered aloud.

"Stop time." Chris mumbled.

"They stopped time so that you COULD be saved." the male commented.

"I think his name was... Chris...? I think?" he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 04:19:03 )

"...... huh." Was all she said.

"Well, whatever. I'm alive, and that's the main thing, I think." She added.

"I apparently owe him a lot, I suppose." She added.

"I'm not exactly... sure what to make of that, I'll admit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 04:43:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris was silent and crossed his arms over his chest.

"...don't think anything of it." he mumbled.

"Christopher Jenkins?" one of the medics addressed him suddenly, causing him to freeze up.

He wondered if those that had been talking had heard.

And what they would do if they had?

Would they want to see him? Talk to him?

How would THAT go?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 04:45:42 )

There was silence before the woman called out.

"yo! Jenkins!" She called, her voice making it apparent that she at least knew of him, if nothing else. The question was whether or not she knew of who he had been before, or not.

"Get your ass in here!" She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 05:06:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris's heart jumped a bit when he heard her call out to him.

"...tend to someone else." he told the medic.

"For now, anyway." he said further.

He then sighed, and started to make his way to where he'd heard the voice.

Truth be told, he wanted to fly under the radar here... but more and more, it seemed like that was an impossibility.

He then stepped into the room, where Kiah was laying, and Ilias was sitting.

"...here I am." he said to them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 05:14:01 )

Her red and blonde hair was tied back in a messy bun, her eyes were a bit darker and duller than usual, but there was still the expected Fyrane fire to them. She was also covered in bruises, and bandages.

"I know exactly who you are." She stated simply.

"However, while I do have reservations about your presence here, I can't deny that you're why I even AM here in the first place." she commented.

"For that, I thank you." there was a sincerity to her voice and words taht he just wasn't used to hearing directed at him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 05:28:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He paused for a moment, unsure as to what to say here.

"I..." he stammered.

"Uh..." he muttered further.

"Y-yeah, sure." he then got out.

"I mean... no problem?" he quickly said further, almost questioning it.

"...is that what one says when thanked...?" he wondered aloud, before sighing.

"You're welcome." he decided on.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 05:31:44 )

Kiah just quirked an eyebrow.

".... You're actually cuter than I expected." She told him honestly.

"Considering what I know of you." she added before paused a moment before continued. She'd debated within herself for about half a second before realising that it didn't matter.

"So what's your stance on what you did to Madison?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 05:50:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just looked away.

"I can't change what I did." he said.

"It's not fair to her that she was forced to bring children into this world, and that doing so took her life." he went on. "It's not fair to her children, or... anyone else in their line." he continued.

"It's not fair to... anyone." he sighed.

"What's my stance on it?" he asked.

"I'll never be able to completely forgive myself for what I did. Acting under Vanessa's orders or not." he then said further.

"It's probably one of the many permanent stains on my soul." he lamented.

"Odds are I'll carry the guilt for it for the rest of my life, however long that is, and know that I'll never truly be able to make up for what I did."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 05:53:06 )

"really." was all Kiah said before pausing, smirking slightly.

"Well, I will make sure my aunt knows of this." she then said.

"And that if you aren't sent to death, you've got work." She added, knowing that she hadn't spoken to anyone, but also not caring. She was the head of th department, after all.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.