Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Rye's search for RP buddies

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 18:24:53 )
Hi!

I'm searching for rp buddies, either for 1x1's or group rp's. Been roleplaying for a long time, like a looong time, mostly sci-fi and fantasy based roleplays. At home on medical leave due to stress and depression, so my replies will be so-so sadly due to mood and general tiredness. I'll try my best for at least a reply within 2-3 days, if I haven't replied POKE ME, promise no biting.

Looking for;
¤ New and patient friends
¤ At least 1 paragraph per post
¤ Literacy level: spellchecked posts.
¤ Doesn't mind a lack of romance

Genres;
¤ Cyberpunk a la Altered Carbon/Deus Ex/Cyberpunk 2077 style
¤ Space / Aliens / Share your ideas if you have em' :)
¤ Fantasy
¤ Medieval
¤ Urban Fantasy (fae's, demons etc but in modern society)
¤ Tv shows: Supernatural / TVD / Firefly / Star Trek / Altered Carbon / Killjoys
(rather play my own OC's, but you are welcome to do show characters if it's something you want)

If you have an idea and it isn't ^ just @ me and we can discuss it, I'm up for a lot :)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 21:49:04 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@amortentia: hi!

i would be interested in a cyberpunk / urban fantasy setting :-)
i haven’t seen altered carbon or deus ex but i would love to do like a future / near future, like new new york / maybe neotokyo esque setting that includes humans and non-human creatures in society (anthros/demons/faes/elves/etc)
and maybe there’s corruption / society crumbling etc !

for writing sample, i have an rp w lullaby if you want to read my posts: thread
i enjoy world building and prefer oc’s as well! if it's ok, i like to do a little bit of skeleton planning to make things easier for myself but it doesn't have to be super in-depth, just to get an idea of a loose plot to work towards and maybe characters / what their dynamic could look like

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════════════

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 00:14:35 )
@xvz: Sounds fun! Future, maybe Neotokyo/New York sounds like a good setting :) Maybe society is crumbling, big corporations/the 1% run everything and the characters are fighting back/forced to fight back? What do you have in mind?

Sounds good to me!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 03:36:40 )

@amortentia: ooh i could be into that

thinking out loud here … maybe one of us is working at the Company and is able to help take it down from the inside ?
maybe a hacker and a bounty hunter / detective? or investigative journalist? or maybe the corporation thing is in the backdrop and comes into play and there's another main plot?

i think i could be into … there’s a tech monopoly and they can surveil everything and use your data against you / to sell your ads constantly and like … they own all the healthcare stuff too so its like if you are sick your costs are impossibly high, they can use your movements / eye tracking / facial recognition to sell you ads on the spot etc. and maybe perpetuate inequality bn different species/classes (like elves and faes benefit at the expense of animals/demons/etc) bc algorithmic bias - e.g. surveillance cameras to """prevent crime""" but only to punish certain groups while the elite get away with murder etc

and one or both of us are a part of a rebel movement that is like anti-Company / anti surveillance / either anti tech or like rebel-tech ! ? i wonder if there was a major event or series of events that is forcing our resistance to mobilize to action !?
i think i would like to play some kind of male ibex-like character wearing a dark coat lol. how do these ideas sound to you? what kinds of things would you like to try or like character dynamics you enjoy?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/19 21:39:11 )
@xvz: Ooh, what about one is a hacker working at the corp and the other is rebel leader/journalist/bounty hunter /detective or something and they're trying to expose the corp for doing something (plot 1) and then plot 2 comes into play as something greater than that?
I like that! Would love that whole social justice angle.

I'd love to do a elf corp agent /secret hacker that works with this badass rebel to expose the corporation and they stumble on to something bigger, but what would you like as far as dynamics/characters is concerned?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/19 22:40:33 )

@amortentia: i like that! it'll be fun to work alongside a hacker :-)

i was thinking my character could be a freelance journalist who bartends to pay the bills. maybe we're in different chapters of the resistance, like i'm in intel and we need to work together to complete a task/mission, or investigate the disappearance of one of the rebel members, or ppl disappearing in general. (can be a part of the greater mission to expose corp or take it down etc). other ideas: maybe disagreement happens in the org and we're in different factions despite having been friends/working together a long time? or there's an open leadership position we both want and we're frenemies? lol
can combine any of these too, let me know what appeals to you! :-)

for my ibex i thought a fun idea would be that sometimes he has memory blackouts, a side effect from removing a corp chip that led to health complications - could maybe be a jumping off point or worldbuilding/backstory to something if it's interesting. like there's something more sinister to the chips beyond the obvious bad surveillance/tracking/ads stuff ... like killing ppl to power something for the rich or something, not sure yet!

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/20 15:50:54 )
@xvz: Yay! :) That could definitely work! How about, they've worked together before once or twice, despite being in different chapters and have noticed that a lot of people are going missing and are looking into it seperately, but then accidentally meet at the apartment of one of the disappeared and decide to work together? And then the disappearances are a part of the greater mission?

That sounds really cool!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/20 21:04:19 )

@amortentia: that sounds great! i'm excited ^^

i feel like this is enough skeleton for me to get started - let me know if you have anything else you'd want to address or discuss :0
we can always keep planning/discussing too - in a separate ooc thread, over pm, or ooc in the rp - whatever works ^^
otherwise, would you like to start the thread or would you want me to?

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/20 22:43:53 )
@xvz: Yeah I feel that is a pretty good base to get started on, especially since we won't exactly stumble upon big secret plot yet :) You can start it, just @ me so I'll remember to bookmark it ^^; I think a seperate OOC thread could be nice to have.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/21 03:53:51 )

@amortentia: ok sounds good! :-)
i should be able to get around to it sometime this week, i'll ping you when i do ^^

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 17:50:55 )
@xvz: Sounds good, can't wait to get started :)
Ping me for chitchat, potential rping or general madness

Voltie — Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 04:38:06 )
hi there. I would love to roleplay with you.
medieval one interests me.

Donator — xe/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 09:21:51 )
hi!
if you're still looking i'm interested.
while i have probably over a decade of experience with roleplaying, i haven't been doing it these recent years (got hooked on writing fanfiction instead, and lately i've written more original stories) so i hope you won't mind me while i get back into it!

i prefer 1-2 paragraphs for the most part, and maybe a bit more when inspired (because i sometimes struggle with writersblock, especially in the beginning)

space/aliens or urban fantasy sound the most appealing, and i have been kind of itching to write something steampunk-ish if you're up for that?

anyway, please ping me if you're interested at all
please ping me, i am ditzy!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.