Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Ghosting Items

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 22:22:00 )
Can we ghost items here? I tried to but it didnt work or maybe i did it wrong lol

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 22:46:41 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

What do you mean by ghost items ??

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 22:57:27 )

@0v7: If I'm not mistaken, basically glitching the inventory/avatar system into thinking that you have a specific item (and displaying on the avatar) without it actually being in your inventory. I could be mistaken though, honestly.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 23:01:58 )

@Varien: Ohhhh, that's the word for it!! I'm pretty sure it's not possible on Voltra, for like, 2 reasons: avatar system is tied directly into the inventory system, and also, that's probably a hack/exploit and is not allowed =v=

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 03:18:23 )
Its where if u have an item and u put it on ur avatar and ur friend wants to borrow that same item u can send it over as a trade and she can wear it at the same time then she sends it back over.. i dont think its a hack as it was allowed on another site i played on

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 03:34:59 )
@LilMissKushy: i don't mean to sound rude but this isn't that other site ^^;; the rules are different here, i'm sure
- [ miss sunny ]

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 04:02:57 )
@vitreus:Its funny when people say "i dont mean to be rude" just before they're rude.. XD i dont think any site would want people using hacks.. so i know its not a hack ....

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 04:19:44 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight

you mean menewasha, that was a site glitch they just didn't fix cause the users found it useful.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 04:22:02 )
@star2000shadow: ahh i see i never knew that.. tysm :)

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 06:06:35 )

@0v7: I don't think ghosting is much for an exploit, as it doesn't exactly replicate the item, persay, it just leaves a "ghost" of it on the avatar, and once the avatar is cleared, you're unable to access the item if it's no longer on your account. But, considering the system that they have now (which, holy heck i love it much more than the previous), it may not even be remotely possible.

I do sort of hope that staff pop in to answer the thread soon though to provide further clarification on the matter though? (cause even I'm half curious now lmao) @Amber Lynne: I'm assuming you're potentially apart of the mod side of things, or, for sure on staff anyhow, given name colour xD Pardon the ping but you were the first staff that I seen on the online list :'D

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 06:19:48 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight

@LilMissKushy: your very welcome.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 06:23:14 )

@LilMissKushy: I'm not sure if ghosting is in the plans, but as it stands, as far as I'm aware no, you can't ghost items.
If you have an item equipped, it doesn't even show up in your trade options, for example.
I CAN inquire about whether or not that's something that is planned as a possibility later though, if you'd like!

@Varien: Two things:
One: Yes. Yes the new invo is worlds better. Totally agree.
Second: yes, I'm a mod, and part of staff, and thanks for the ping! ~<3 I don't often leave my RP hobble without pings. Lol

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 07:41:30 )

@Amber Lynne: I'm not very active, so the new invo was a surprise LOL
but yeah, no problem! I'm staff on another site so I can totally like, appreciate if a random user pings me to a place and is like, hey! this! xD (I'm also not super familiar with the colourcodes for staff here, so I'm glad that I made the right guess at least xD)
im a space cadet who's lazy with typing 90% of the time
pls ping me

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 07:47:42 )

@Varien: Ohhh it can be lovely sometimes, yes yes.
We ain't perfect. Lol.

And yeah, green are mods, purple are writers, orange are admin, blue are art/items. I think I got them all.
It's mostly green you'd be going to though. We're basically Voltra's crowd control (Sorry, I know that's obvious, but I just wanted to say it. XD)

The new invo was just rolled out a month ago? If that?
I'm not actually entirely sure when it was, but it was within the past month, I think. ^ ^
and omfg I love the new invo~<3

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 08:29:50 )
@amber lynne: yes please id like if you inquired for me ^.^ on the other site if i invited my friends over to the site i would give my friends extra items that i had but i would also let them ghost the items that i only had 1 of so that they could have a decent looking avi to start off with... so thats why i was asking ^.^ thanks so much <3

@varien: i really do love ur wee avatar its so adorable ^.^

Admin — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 15:09:34 )
First, my response is purely to shed light on the functionality and safety measures we've put in place for our avatar and inventory management features. We do not approve of intentionally duping the system or exploiting glitches/bugs based upon our website rules. So please review our rules if you have not done so already.

If you save an avatar with an item and trade that item to another user, the currently saved image of your avatar will appear to still be wearing the item as you browse around the website (ie. Forum topics). You no longer would see the item on your avatar or in your inventory while in the dressing room once the item is added to a trade. You cannot wear items that are in an active trade.

I think I've covered what's being asked. Please let me know if you need further clarification.
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 16:02:20 )

Thank you for clearing this up ^_^!!!

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 08:31:26 )
Thank you

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 22:44:29 )
I like “ghosting” items in theory, because you can lend someone an item to use but get it back immediately, making it feel safer to lend out items to friends.
But having it available at all, I think increases the odds of tricking people. Either by borrowing something and never actually returning it, or by lying about owning an item. Which I’m sure could cause trouble.

I think there are plans for a “dream avatar maker” type thing at some point in the future. Which I personally would like better than ghosting.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.