Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Little things....

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 21:38:13 )
β„πŸŒˆToday is a fresh start, do the next best thing and check in on your friends! πŸŒˆβ„

I've not ever been one for fancy things or needing elaborate or ornate trinkets and such. I'm truly a pretty plain country boy living a suburban life. So it took my by surprise when I got a text today from someone special. They took notice of all my Disney stuff and remembered my showing them some Disney canvases that I needed to have mounted. Well, they took it upon themselves to have 2 of my 7 stretched and mounted.

I couldn't speak or text I was just stunned. And when asked why they did it.....i was just told it was something they wanted to do because they knew as a single parent I don't often do things for myself. Which is probably why they've been stored for nearly 2 years lol

So here's to the little things in life. Like being thought of and appreciated. Being listened to and actually heard. And being surprised with random acts of kindness.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 23:05:17 )

That's truly lovely!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 23:58:32 )
β„πŸŒˆToday is a fresh start, do the next best thing and check in on your friends! πŸŒˆβ„

@sunny: it really is. I am a huge Disney need and I kept putting this off. I just felt really blessed and special.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/7 00:56:45 )
@xanthan: aww what a lovely gesture.. thats what you call a true and caring friend

Donator — wrik Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/7 00:57:04 )

omg that's so sweet and kind of them!!!

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/7 02:16:04 )

@LilMissKushy: so very true. I'm very lucky.

@wrik: agreed. I think the world needs more random acts of kindness. Sometimes action helps back up the words people say.

Donator — wrik Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/7 02:22:14 )

@Xanthan: they say actions speak louder than words hehe

also whenever anyone asks if i want a souvenir from a place i always tell them
"just get me something that makes you think of me"

and that's how i do all my gift shopping as well!

because a gift bought for the sake of buying a gift is always lame,
but a gift that makes you think of that person? they're sure to love it

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/7 02:41:08 )

@wrik: exactly. I love thoughtful things. Not even just gifts but I'm a sucker for a good morning or good night text. Or a phone call out of the blue just to hear someone say they were thinking of me and my son. I used to get random drawings and doodles from some of my co-workers. I cherish them as if they were told plated Van Goghs.

I'm a firm believer that life is in the details. It isn't a race to the end. It is a journey where you're able to meet people, not where you think they should be but where they are, and then you take turns elevating one another.

When I am doing well, I don't wanna hoard it, rather I wanna share it. With friends. With family. With anyone. Details can be walks in the rain, a back rub, holding someone when they're in need, or even a genuine smile given freely. There are times just hearing someone say my name ... I just melt and suddenly all is right with the world. One day I'll have a partner who understands this but in the meantime my friends get it. Little things. ;)

Donator — wrik Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/7 02:54:15 )

@Xanthan: UGH I FEEL THE SAME!! ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID!

I'm a HUGE complimenter, I can't go out in public without telling someone i like something about them, just because making people smile just feels so good.
And I'm sooooo sentimental, I literally have a "treasure box" filled with things that might seem like garbage to others, but are INCREDIBLY important to me
things as silly as tags from a necklace a friend bought me, or confetti from a concert i went to with a friend, etc
hi im wrik

closet buying

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/7 02:58:50 )

@wrik: yes. 100% yes. My trinkets my random things. Those are my memories. My good times and happiness.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/7 03:20:29 )

Aw that’s really sweet!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/7 04:21:02 )

@Totalanimefan: isnt it though. Im headed to bed quite happy. My face hurts from smiling so much.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/7 23:27:34 )

@Nephila: it is truly a blessing to have my son but you're right it is a lot of hard work. I'm so proud of my kiddo and I know I may never win parent of the year lol but I am confident that when I leave this world he will continue my work of loving not hating. Heloing others not being selfish. Understanding not ignorance. That along with his huge heart give me hope for the future. Besides, I know when the time comes he's picking my nursing home so I gotta do right πŸ˜†

Having good people in your life for love and support can truly be a game changer. If only more people recognised that. If you have the ability to be supportive in person vs distance then go to your friends that you say you care about. Their situation may seem silly to you but to them the support, a hug, a kind word in person can mean life or death in some instances.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.