Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 02:38:22 )
Any people on here who sometimes get tired of using their "pleasant" voice.

Like yesterday this guy I just started datingwas playing game and I just got tired of having to use that soft femme voice. So I just relaxed my voice and I tried to be like, "I'm having a lot of fun right now, seriously. Play the game." and it came off as horribly sarcastic and passive. But honest to god I felt like if I didn't just relax for a coupld moments my throat was gonna snap.

Like I was honestly having fun watching. xD But holy hell I know I sounded like a bitch. Immediately I apologized and whatnot but yeah... Idk.

Dating is weird, vocal pitch in conversation is a thing.

I just wanna chill, man. Like having to use my cutesy voice all the time just sucks.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 02:45:35 )
I'm sure over time you'll phase that cutesy voice out, like as you get more comfortable with each other lol.

And yes...ALL. The time lol. I sometimes work as a receptionist at work, meaning I answer the phone for the main number of the building. And lemme tell you, that thing sometimes doesn't STFU, so I lose patience and steadily lose my "phone" voice. I'm never rude or snappy, regardless of the circumstances, but if you knew me, you could totes sense the change in tone.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 04:00:41 )
I feel like that a lot :(

whenever I say something, people repeat it in like... a completely exaggerated way that sounded nothing like what I was trying to come across as

mistaking my personality. I don't like it.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 05:45:22 )

I only use that voice at work. If anyone's gonna know me personally they have to accept me for the goblin I am.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 06:30:00 )
@Aisukohi: I get that. I work customer service for the longest and sometimes I just want to like, relax my voice without being mistaken for being rood. >.<

@Shark: Fair... I also am not the type to just get all sassy because someone is playing a game, even if I am dreadfully bored and want attention. I'm not the type to like get all passive agressive. So it's like.. OwO I haven't even got properly sassy with anyone yet. So hoping it's not immediately thought of as grumpy.

@Priestess of Pie: I have to use it with everyone. I also have to smile a lot because apparently I have super bad resting bitch face syndrome.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 09:13:16 )

@Lucifera: Haha, me too on the RBS. That part I do have to consciously work on and it IS sometimes exhausting (especially when I have TMJ and some days it actually physically hurts to smile).

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 09:16:11 )
Nope iam really skilled with my Voice and always Talk like i want my bf of 4 years and our Baby appricate it :D
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/7 11:19:46 )

》::: ✿・`.*
nahh I only do that if its my customer service voice lol
but if its hurting maybe you should chill? you dont need to be a voice actor for everyone uwu straining your voice often can really mess up your vocal cords

*.`・✿ ::: 《

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/7 12:24:01 )
@milkshake: The rpbolem is if I don't try and keep my tone pleasant, I literally sound like I'm constantly being sarcastic. Like when I say I'm really enjoying something, it's that flat tone you typically get defensive around because... It's the sarcasm tone. But to me it's just me relaxing.
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/7 16:08:05 )

》::: ✿・`.*
@Lucifera: i mean
my voice isn't particularly sweet normally either /shrug/
You dnt have to force yourself to sound "nice" xD i have resting bitchface too and ppl are always asking me whats wrong. Im like uhh- this is just how i am. i look and sound like a grump. i get alot of people telling me to stop being a bitch on games with a mic lmao. i guess i come off aggressive.
just dont strain/hurt yourself too much just to appease others! You are who you are :p

*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.