Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I'm so tired of job rejections

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 21:58:41 )
I got another rejection Tuesday and I've been in a funk ever since. I was so sure this job was gonna pan out. The interviewer said I made it to the top 4 candidates. Which is... not as comforting as I think the interviewer thought it would be. Like, thanks, great. I still didn't get the job.

I just desperately do not want to go back to retail and I'm pretty sure I've burnt my bridges at my old retail job since it's been 3 months since I took loa. I've got more job apps out there. But I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat and jobs are slim pickings... /sigh

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 21:59:54 )

Oh no! I'm sorry you're struggling now. Back when I was searching for a job it was so easy to get disheartened. I'm sure something will turn up! *hugs*

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:15:44 )
@sunny: Thanks, I hope so. I've got about a month's worth of savings left -_-;

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:42:42 )

i wish u luck in ur job search!!! ;w;
- [ miss sunny ]

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 23:12:54 )
@lilykin: sorry ur finding it hard getting a job.. i wish u the best of luck and hope something turns up soon.. maybe there's better plans for you and that job wasnt meant to be ^.^

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 23:39:18 )

@Lilykin: when I had only worked retail jobs before it was so hard for me to get into a 9-5 place. I must have gotten rejected at 4-5 different places :(

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/3 00:15:21 )
@vitreus: Thank you <3

@LilMissKushy: Thank you, I'm hoping so

@Totalanimefan: This is my 3rd after an actual interview rejection. So maybe a few rejections more are the ticket haha

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/3 00:21:57 )
@Nephila: At least 2 of my interviews were most likely influenced by nepotism. Like, I hate that it's come to that but at this point I'll take what I can get.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/3 00:44:11 )
@Nephila: Same, these have been mostly my aunt's contacts. I'm not outgoing at all lol. I worry a lot that my unfinished degree really holds me back

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/3 01:58:30 )

@Lilykin: Good luck. And honestly it doesn't mean that you are bad either. It's just that a lot of people are looking for a job right now.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/3 18:34:35 )

You think that stings, I spent months and years at a time getting rejected by retail and fast food places. I had one place call me and tell me I was their second choice, as if that was supposed to make me feel better instead of worse. But I guess I'd rather be told no than left waiting.
Good luck. Finding any kind of job is hard these days. Everybody wants only the most experienced candidates, yet no one wants to be the one to give them that experience.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/3 23:40:24 )
@Nephila: "Smart enough" is relative. I tested well but still flunked out twice cause I couldn't keep up with the course work. There were plenty of classmates who did average but could always turn their work in on time so the succeeded.

I honestly wish I had just gone to a trade school; it would've saved me a lot of heartache. If I were to do it over again that's what I would recommend. Who knows, with more people wanting online classes it may even become more affordable in the near future

@Totalanimefan: I got an interesting call from my current job. They still want me back. But my body starts going in fight or flight mode just thinking about it haha >_>

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/3 23:41:28 )
@Count Trashula: That stinks. I once got rejected from McDs and was completely flabbergasted lmao
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/4 00:32:46 )

@Lilykin: SAME. How much experience does one need to get hired there? I guess moving from one job type to another comes with the same annoying problems, but hopefully it's just a matter of time and persistence. I don't recommend retail to anyone who's able to avoid it lol

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.