Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games "Life Itself" | ACNH thread

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 10:32:04 )
@0v7: Sucks to not have the convenience of someone else making it, but hey, least you know what you like! Should lmk how you make tofu, might change my mind about it lol, I've never found any that I've liked
I haven't had shrimp tacos in forever!! That sounds delicious. When my husband made taco seasoning for beans and rice, I asked him how he did it. All the doofus said was "I put cumin and cilantro" lmfaoooo

We were trying to build a little farmer's market type area as a DIY/craft station! Would love to see your market and cafe, that sounds super cute, man.

I haven't heard of any compatibility issues! Might be a little hard to see on a tinier screen, is all haha. The game is SUPER dark

What mods are you running on stardew, if you don't mind me asking? Thinking of getting it when I get off tbh lol. Sorry for the late reply btw, I'm at work and my shifts are 12 hours long TvT

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 14:40:27 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@McMoney: I could make some ahead of time but it doesn't refrigerate well :( I usually press the tofu for a really long time, then toss it in corn starch and pan fry it until it's crispy. From there I add seasoning - my fave is soy sauce/brown sugar mixed together with a dash of garlic powder added in the last minute or so to make a glaze! Other seasonings I like are paprika + garlic powder + onion powder, or just barbecue sauce lol

I use lime and cilantro for rice, and Sazon Goya for beans :0 Not super fancy, but all I learned how to cook was broke Mexican food lol

A craft station is a really good idea! I still haven't added my dream address, 'cause I keep time travelling and dropping stuff on my alter's front porch area LOL

I can always crank up the brightness >:3 Aren't all horror games super dark tho? lol

Short-nosed Goblin Henchman bc antisemitic caricatures aren't my thing
Diverse SDV with Seasonal Outfits because I got sick of seeing p much all white people lol
NPC Map Locations 'cause... you can't normally see where they are >_>;

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 16:58:40 )
@0v7: Fresher is usually better, but I get suuuper bummed when food doesn't keep good for long :(
I honestly never thought of frying tofu but wow, that sounds like a game changer lol.
I cook most of my meats in a similar marinade/glaze tbh! Very good stuff ;0 Can never go wrong with a solid bbq sauce too haha

I've never heard of sazon goya before. Think I need to pick some up, that looks SO convenient. Read the ingredient list, too. Can only imagine what it tastes like but I want it!!

Oh, man I know the feeling. I throw so much junk in my storage and in front of my husband's house just because my pockets are full. It's a nightmare when either one of us doesn't hop on for a while, TRASH. EVERYWHERE. Lmao

I know it's supposed to be dark but damn... I'm a blind mf lol. Need the extra light to not run into walls and shit smh

Those are all solid mods. So sweet there's a mod out there to make the game more diverse, really digging that one. And an NPC map? Genius, wish more games had it lol

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 17:16:58 )

@McMoney: It keeps a bit - it's just not as crispy :0 You could also bake it, but I haven't tried, because I feel like it'd get dry >w>;
I should up my marinade/glaze game. Maybe add sesame oil... but only a bit because I can taste it super easily.

It's so good! You can add it to pretty much anything - rice, beans, Mexican style soups (tortilla soup for one!), etc etc. I keep stocked up because it's a good staple for Mexican food.

It's okay for us to litter, we're the mayor resident representative LOL!!! I need to log on but one more round of avatar site dailies... Redd is visiting my island, or well, he did yesterday but I'm time travelling to milk paintings out of him.

ME TOO!! I'm like, I can't see where am I going. I play games like that on full brightness >w>;

There's more good mods, but since I haven't played in a while I'm not sure what new ones there are :0 I'm sure if you look on NexusMods you can find more :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/20 05:31:30 )
@0v7: Fried foods just taste and feel so much better when they're fresh homemade. I can't resist anything crunchy and salty lmao. Feel like tofu would be no different
Sesame oil is strong but omg it's so tasty. I put it in noodles a lot and it reallyyy kicks it up a notch. Stir fries are good with it, too!

Seems like a good base to put on mexican styled foods. Great blend of herbs and spices, man. Gotta see if i can find some next time we're out for groceries.
Ooooh, I gotta ask tho.... Do you like taco pizza? Lol

My husband is the mayor, I just live there and party hard :P lmao.
Redd's finally blessed u 👏 bet your museum is gonna be the coolest on the block now, bud. Get any good art pieces?

I know the darkness is supposed to be for "immersion" or whatever but I'm not trying to play a blindness simulator smh

Nexus usually has great stuff, tho I've only ever looked for skyrim. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Can't wait to try this game out haha

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/20 14:00:06 )

@McMoney: The only fried food I like that isn't homemade is like, KFC fried chicken. That's sooo good, unhealthy..but good. Tofu is cool because it's flavorless, so whatever you add it'll absorb like a sponge!

I wanna add sesame oil to my hypothetical hot pot broth now. I used to make simple Asian inspired noodles with soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar (only a little, because that is strong for me too), chili garlic paste, and a bit of almond butter. It was nice because the noodles I got were the microwavable kind that took 90 seconds, so I got a meal in under 5 minutes. TwT

It'll often be in the "ethnic" aka non-American food aisles - usually with the Mexican ingredients like masa, crema de leche, etc etc. I do like taco pizza! I wonder how easy it'd be to make using a storebought pisza..

LOL that's the same for miss sunny, she is just vibing™!
I got about... 6 new pieces? I'm still missing a lot tho. I made a fancy spreadsheet checklist that's red if unchecked and green if checked.

MOOD!!! The accessibility of some horror games is.. not lol
If you can't find good mods on Nexus, I think there's the actual Chucklefish forums that host some? I can't remember the URL tho - I had fun until I basically beat the game after 6 or so months lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 20:05:26 )
@0v7: Don't blame you, dude. KFC is the bomb. Love those bowls stuffed with potatoes, chicken, cheese, and corn. Damn, I got munchies lol
Grilling burgers tonight just to try and curb a fast food craving tbh. Shit is stronggg

The noodles sound delicious, don't think I've ever tried anything like that. Any meal done in five minutes already awesome. Did it make for good leftovers, too? Would be good stuff to bring for work lunches.

We use a lot of masa, beans, and chilis, so I've probably passed by it a thousand times lol just never thought to try it out. Until now >:)
I've made personal pizzas on the grill before, that was fun. Might get drunk and fire it up to make a big ass taco pizza this time around

Six pieces is still a good chunk! Nice job, man. That's very cool. A list is a good route to go but I don't mind grabbing dupes. Some fake art pieces are actually pretty cool looking on their own, too lol.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 01:20:56 )

@McMoney: I ended up getting sushi yesterday! It was a bit of a treat since I hadn't had any for months. Tonight, I dunno what I'm making for dinner... maybe something easy since I've been so distracted lately. I kinda want burgers now that you mention it - I think I've got veggie-based ones still >:3

I think it would if you're careful about reheating it - almond butter heats weirdly :0 I usually only make enough for a meal tho, 'cause I hardly plan my meals ahead. I might find the recipe I based my mix off of maybe?

It's a lifesaver spice mix for me, since my aunt makes suuuper bland tacos and stuff. How does grilling a pizza work? I would love to try doing that but I'm like "what if it falls through the grill grate" LOL

I'm waiting for Redd to come back to get more art - I ended up getting 12 over the course of a couple days :D
I have.. yet to set up my dream address for my island. Maybe I'll do that while my friend's porch is free of stuff I've dropped there lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:10:54 )
@0v7: My husband doesn't like sushi, so it's hard for me to get some REAL good stuff at a dedicated place lmao. Sounds greaaat, hope you enjoyed! What type of rolls did ya get?
Ended up being too rainy to grill, don't got a canopy at this place atm :V Had to cook inside, but was still good. A bacon cheeseburger has never wronged me before lol.

I'm used to cooking for entire families, so dishes I make are usually for... 4-10 people, it's wild haha. Would love to see the recipe, if you find it! Need to add variety to my cooking, especially if we gotta stay in for meals more.

I blind baked the dough on its own for a while, gave it a stable base and some grill marks. While still hot, I let everyone pick their toppings, I would add it on for them in the case of the kids (or anyone scared of the heat/fire lol), and I would close the grill and all the vents to make it a sort of hot, smoky oven until toppings are cooked, cheese is melted, and dough is done throughout. Came out better than expected! Was a fun way to get everyone involved in dinner, too.

I was SO close to setting up a dream address buuuut, think I messed up an incline and the placement of my house lmfao. Gotta redo so much now TvT
No rush at all, man. I get how easy it is to start 1,000 things then need to clean them up LMFAO this game will have me hooked forever, i swear

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:54:38 )

@McMoney: I got the NEO roll which is inspired by a local place around here, plus a side of their noodles, and a strawberry Ramune soda :3
I hasn't rained here for a while, and I'd love to grill but I am afraid of appliances and also the grill is falling apart u_u

This is the closest to the recipe I use that I can find! I'm not entirely sure where the hell that one recipe went, it was like... 5 or so ingredients?? EDIT!!! I found it!!!! It's good and easy if you take shortcuts, like those fresh noodle packs you can microwave - the only thing I changed about this recipe is less rice vinegar and not using arugula at all :3

That sounds sooo good!!!! Makes me wanna make a pizza in the oven but I'm not super hungry in the mornings :0 I might have some for lunch later... I should grill more but I don't have much to grill - have you ever grilled elotes?? Those are so good :Q

Inclines and houses are both hard to place - have you tried making a simple custom path to mark where things go? I just.. use some rock designs I made, but I've seen people do the classic pink/black missing texture square lol

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/6 03:22:33 )
I just started the game yesterday so I am working on getting bells, miles, and setting up. Just got the phone call that Blathers is coming and got his place set up. :) I want to eventully get friends and visit others as well.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/6 06:58:38 )

Awesome. I'm sure your island will look great in no time.

Donator — Whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/6 13:57:07 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Ooh a new player
I have a bunch of DIYs if we can be on at the same time

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 19:29:11 )

I didn't play in Jan except for New Years day. I was busy in real life. I'm looking forward to getting back into it and playing for Vday!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 20:32:19 )

Please ping!! I am a busy mom and tend to get lost~

I'm working on terraforming and adding another character house so I can make a cafe/library. *^*

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/15 22:23:53 )

Who watched the Direct? I'm so excited for all of the new content!

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/17 18:14:25 )

I think I'm going to play a lot today. I want to finish some projects I started and never finished. I might start clearing out my house as well because I'll probably redecorate it completely once the update comes out.

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/17 20:42:59 )

The new update is going to be awesome. I wish the game launched with these QoL updates.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.