Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Any professors or teacher on here who can give me some advice?

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 22:51:44 )
All fall classes for this year are going to be remote learning. So I wanted to plan out my year 2 courses for things I think I'd do best with. So I'm looking at art classes. There's digital and integrated practices that I want to take so I can get some basic animation experience later on. But the syllabus for this class doesn't give me much in specifics on what's being taught. And I want to make sure it's what I think it is.

Is it okay to message previous/regular teachers of this class to get ore details on the course? Or should I not, because it's not acceptable?

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/13 03:51:53 )
β„πŸŒˆToday is a fresh start, do the next best thing and check in on your friends! πŸŒˆβ„

Go for it. Message away. But remember that they will have experience with regard to what and hiw they taught so not all information will apply. Message the current teacher and let them know about your interest in their class. That's your best bet. Teachers and professors are there for you and do not generally mind questions.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/13 08:10:31 )
@Xanthan: Thing is I don't know who the current is, and so far, only one person is listed as past profs so I imagine they'd be the same? I know they don't mind but since I'm not even enrolled yet I always feel soooo weird.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/13 14:16:59 )
β„πŸŒˆToday is a fresh start, do the next best thing and check in on your friends! πŸŒˆβ„

@Lucifera: go for it. Reach out. I can almost guarantee it'll bring forth positive dialogue. And you just may get the answers you meed and some direction as to what would be a good fit for you.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/13 14:49:15 )
@Lucifera: Definitely reach out to the instructors or to an academic advisor. Obviously, the teacher should have more specific information on the class they're teaching and how it will be handled in an online format, but an Advisor might be able to give you some less-specific insights in to the class or overall program of study. Good luck.
β”€β–’β”œ Hangout with me! β”€β–’β”œ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/13 14:58:35 )
@lucifera: yes!! Ask away! It’s your education and if they can’t handle someone asking a question, you don’t wanna be in that class anyway.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/13 17:34:25 )
@Lucifera: Echoing everyone else, absolutely message professors about their classes. That's what they get payed for. If you don't know how to get in contact with them I'd suggest talking with your advisor or the head of your art dept. I'd hit up the advisor first cause that's their job.
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/14 21:42:08 )
So I sent the e-mail the other day, waiting to see if the prof will get back to me. I just get hesitant because it's summer break for some profs so It's likely I won't get an answer any time soon anyways. Lol

@Xanthan:
@Wildfire:
@Mousy:
@Lilykin:

Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.