Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Therapeutic

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 03:49:23 )
There are times when I get so sick of all these social media sites, especially Facebook. I don't usually open Facebook, but I get bored sometimes and open it then instant regret most cases. I go on Twitter here and there, but also get fed up with my feed from people I know in real life. I don't know, just feel like they're being too over dramatic sometimes.

Besides Voltra - because people here are super friendly and it's such a positive environment on here! - I downloaded this app called Whisper. To those who don't know it - it's an app where you can post your thoughts or anything at all really. And everything is all anonymous. No profile pic upload, nothing tied to your image on there. No online status. Maybe just the username - which you can change anytime anyways. There's a message feature, I find that most people reply to your post if it's relatable. But you can always choose to ignore/block or stop replying anyways. It's a nice place to vent, most people are supportive. The downside is there are also a lot of people looking for hookups πŸ˜’ but they're easy enough to ignore.

Also, I have started a personal blog - my little online diary, just a couple days ago! I've been posting my thoughts about my everyday. It feels nice to just have a little place all to yourself. It's not private, and I don't mind if people see it (i guess just not people irl? lol), because it's like a journal. I don't post any secrets there anyway. Just an outlet for me to write my thoughts. 🌸🌸🌸

Both of them are very therapeutic... Just wanted to share it here

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 04:36:11 )

@kwisshiie: I can definitely understand this. :3
I tossed Facebook to the curb a few months ago, really, once I realized that it made me feel bad to look at it, most of the time.
Sometimes stepping back can be the best thing.
Sometimes I miss having an online journal, it can be easier to say things that way sometimes.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 04:38:33 )

@kwisshiie: I just can't with FB. I left it ages ago and I only keep it open just in case someone needs to message me.
I really like hanging out on Voltra because the community is so wholesome.
It's cool that you found another online space that you like.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 05:31:37 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@kwisshiie: Facebook has already becoming a cesspool to be honest, I used to have one then realised I got tired of all the drama from whatever post they shared and deleted my account for good. Even social media sites like Twitter isn't any different than FB. Never used Whisper before though.

And it's good you've started a personal blog for your enjoyment and free from all of those drama nonsense on social media. You can write it out from your thoughts without being judged at least.

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 06:16:52 )
ah i know it feels the same with instagram.... some posts there seems just so forced....... like the "blackout" i know why they do this but it just dont feel like some of them really want to, they just do it so they dont seem racist. the force behind every trend makes me so sick i just want to say v_v

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 06:51:53 )

It just sucks when most of the toxic people on your Facebook are family members,
who then give you sh** about never being on Facebook. =_=;;;

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 07:12:45 )
@kwisshiie: I gave up facebook awhile ago. It literally only exists so my family can keep in contact if something happens. Also like, before I gave it up I just started muting anyone that gave me a headache. 1000% recommend

With everything that's going with the pandemic and protesting, it is extra important to take of yourself and the content you consume. Mute, unfollow, log off... whatever it takes. It's great that you are carving out a space for yourself
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 09:44:20 )
@Kozi: than you just can dedlete facebook honestly xDDD

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 10:00:40 )

@Lilykin: boop
@Miss Sandman: boop

Yeah, I mostly use it just for family, and a few scarce (some slightly toxic) IRL coworkers/"friends."
And even then, a lot of the family members on there, unfortunately aren't the... most agreeable on currents events, if you get my meaning.
#farmtownproblems

But yeah, 100% going to try muting people. Sounds great. XD

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 10:08:06 )
@Kozi: I just have Facebook for spying on ppl. Who gets married, who got pregnant etc....

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 12:34:14 )

@Miss Sandman: Haha, I appreciate your honesty XDD;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 16:59:55 )

It's no secret that I can't keep up with social media, lol. There's just TOO MUCH. That being said mine are like ghost towns and I only have a small number of people that I follow/friend so it's easier and I don't have a lot of garbage that makes me mad.

Anywho, there's a game called Kind Words that's similar... you can write out your problems and people will answer you. Or you can respond to other people's problems. All anonymous of course. It's a very simple game, but it's pretty cute and very chill. A deer brings you mail.

I like to log on there when I can (though it's been a while... I should soon).

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 18:27:55 )
@Priestess of Pie: Thanks for letting me know about it! I will definitely check it out 😊
EDIT: I've just looked into it.. It's only on Steam? I would like to try, but I don't want to spend money on it (I'm cheap like that 🀣)

@Kozi: and @ChiffonOrange: Good for you both! I can't delete my facebook.. Even though I don't like it right now, I still have some good memories in it. Some private photo albums as well... Also, that's how I can get in touch with other people if needed, and it's also kinda easier to connect other apps or sites via FB. I guess that's on me for being lazy πŸ˜… haha!

@Totalanimefan: for sure! it's definitely too much at times... I know they're also just finding place to rant, but they're spreading toxicity. It's like they forget the fact that there are other human beings that can see their hateful posts...

@Miss Sandman: I've been thinking about that too. I've noticed that blackout thing they did. It's really nice and all, but I can't help but feel/think that not everyone is really INTO supporting it. Like, they're just supporting it because it's the trend right now... I could be wrong, idk...

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 18:33:41 )
@Lilykin: Exactly! Some people on my feed/dashboard is just spreading even more negative things despite what is already happening... Just makes everything worse than it is πŸ˜₯
And yeah, my FB is muted - I don't get any push notifs on my phone for anything at all. The only time I would know about anything is when I open it. haha! I still have messenger though, so I can still talk to some other friends. If I get tired of that, sometimes I would just mute them too πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 18:49:48 )
@kwisshiie: yes allright ao you dint be rcist if you dont do it so just dont if you dont feel it
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 19:00:21 )

@kwisshiie: yeah exactly. Human lose their empathy when they can’t see the people on the other side. Everyone is angry and hurt right now.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 23:05:58 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@kwisshiie: Ah I see, though there are other apps like Google can be used to connect other apps besides Facebook :o and like the others said, you can either mute or ignore those kinds of negative feeds on your FB or take a break from it if you felt overwhelmed.

Sometimes I do wanted to find a decent blogging site to use as an online journal.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 01:44:01 )

@kwisshiie: Yeah it's really cheap though. Pretty sure they use that money just for like ... server costs lol.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.