Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Chat with me while I write?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/25 21:01:59 )

I am working on a short story currently. Let's chat! How was your day? How is your mental health dealing with lockdown?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/25 23:30:12 )
*:..o()o..:*  *:..o()o..:*

Heya! I had an eh day. Tried to dye my hair, but my dye was expired, I think, so I'm stuck with this weird washed out light blue/green colour XD
How are you? What's your story about? o3o

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/25 23:31:19 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

*pops up*

Hi there, I'm fine and what kind of short story are you writing? :o If you don't mind me asking

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/25 23:42:46 )

Lockdown has saved my life from utter chaos
... but that'll be returning to normal here very soon. I wish it wasn't under the circumstances of a pandemic that I got this time to breathe, but y'know

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/25 23:50:36 )

It's a story about a woman who has adopted a Bigfoot child and they encounter more Bigfoots and some hunters. It's a horror story.

@SuperZombiePotatoe: that is weird, but that colour sounds nice.

@ChiffonOrange: of course you can ask :) it's a horror story, lots of tension and monsters.

@Jolly: I know what you mean, it's easy to feel conflicted about this whole thing :/

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/25 23:52:00 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@sunny: Ah I see. That's interesting, I can imagine the difficulties of raising a Bigfoot child lol

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 00:39:07 )
I'm writing too :)
I love me a good short story.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 00:49:40 )

@sunny: No doubt it would look good on some else, but it doesn't really vibe with my skin tone XD I'll get a better blue tomorrow.
That sounds really really cool! You're into cryptidcore then?? o3o

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 00:51:01 )

@ChiffonOrange: she's going through a tough time lol

@Vlad: ooh what are you writing about?

@SuperZombiePotatoe: I hope it goes well for you! Yes I love cryptids and all that spooky stuff, I often scare myself sleepless with it xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 01:05:36 )

@sunny: Thanks :3 Ah me too! That and conspiracy theories O.o But late night is the best time to read about that stuff >.<

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 02:17:10 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@sunny: Then I feel bad for her xD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 19:08:12 )

@SuperZombiePotatoe: I agree, it's good nightmare fuel!

@ChiffonOrange: don't worry, it will have a happy ending.... Maybe xD

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 21:03:02 )
A good horror short story is great! I am so bad about making short stories actually work. I have trouble letting the story remain contained and focused, so much respect to you for managing it.

Is horror your typical writing fare? Or are you trying to stretch your wings, so to speak?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 21:05:48 )

@Hadassah: I much prefer short stories to writing longer works. Idk it just feels easier to me. Short form for the win!
I mostly write spec fic, so sometimes horror, mostly sci fi etc. What do you write?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 22:24:23 )
@sunny: Spec fic is my game too, mostly existential-themed sci-fi or fantasy. Some fanfic in there as well. I've got a few short form stories here and there, but they just feel like snippets from a book, as I've been told, ha. I do love reading short stories, just can't make em well.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 22:33:01 )

@Hadassah: yesss spec fic ftw! I write the occasional fanfic too, though lately I've been all about writing original works. I have done a few stories for exchanges on AO3. What are you writing at the moment? I have a novel on the go, but I tend to bounce back and forth between ideas, which is not conducive to good writing xD

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 22:50:21 )
@sunny: I've been working on a novel for a couple years now. Its sort of "What if 'The Matrix' but the normal people knew the Agents and Rebels were outsiders using their world for fun and the natives were completely helpless, couldn't be 'unplugged', or break the fourth wall or else they get turned into an Agent of the system" told from the POV of one of the natives that gets drawn into the being friends with a group of these outsiders.

I keep redrafting it, and probably oughta shelve it, but I like the story a lot and don't have anything really decisive I'd rather do instead.

How about you, what else are you writing? Aside from humans adopting endangered bigfoots?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 22:59:27 )

@Hadassah: umm that sounds amazing!!! So interesting. I bet it's really fun to write. And hey, if you like the story then keep going with it. The best stories are the ones we enjoy :)

My novel is about an autistic woman who survives the alien invasion of Earth and slaughter of 99% of humanity and is taken prisoner by the aliens and kept in a cage. She eventually escapes but willingly goes with the aliens in their ship to the next planet the aliens plan to invade.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 23:08:32 )

I can't decide whether it should be Bigfoots or Bigfeet??? #writerproblems

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 23:31:21 )
@sunny:
It is fun, though my main character, she might disagree vehmently about who it's fun *for*!

That sounds incredibly promising and fun and definitely a serious conflict for the main character. Are they going to go willingly with the aliens to *help* the next invasion, or to find a way to upend the status quo, I wonder. Either way has an interesting take and really depends on the world ya build.

I think the official ruling is Bigfii

Have a good day!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.