Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games The Final Fantasy VII Remake

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 17:09:18 )
Is no one talking about this? lol

Who played the original in '97, and how does the remake compare for you?

I've always thought FFVII was a bit overrated. I think it's beloved by the masses because it was the first one most people played, but I grew up in the 80s and I legit liked the 2D sprites way better than early 3D graphics in the 90s, and FFVII had the worst of the bad, in my opinion. The characters all looked like lego people. The plot was convoluted. What I loved about it was the music and the villains. THE VILLAINS. I was in love with all of Shinra. lol I didn't even care about the heroes, least of all Aeris. Yes, it's true. I felt nothing when her big moment came.

But...this remake. I loved the heroes AND the villains. I even fell for Aeris (okay - Aerith). I thought the game was pretty hard for a Final Fantasy title; I found every boss battle challenging and it took forever to take down the likes of Hell House, but even when it infuriated me I was loving it. They maintained the original storyline to the point where I could say to my wife, "Here's what's coming next!" (she never played the original; she's younger than me and started on VIII, whereas I started my Final Fantasy addiction with VI) but they explained everything so much better so the game actually makes sense.

I know some people are going to hate, but to me, they did a perfect job. People were mad it was linear, but it's no different from the original in that respect; as long as you're in Midgar, you have one clear path to follow. People are mad about the introduction of the Whispers, but it makes sense and gives the game new depth.

I loved it. I cannot even stand this wait for the next installment.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 19:26:42 )

My husband and I played through the game when it came out. His a huge fan of FF and I think he’s played every game that’s not a MMO.
I’ve only started playing them since a met my husband. I never played the original FF7. The remake was nice. I wish that it was more of the game. And the last chapter is a little bit like what?!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/24 19:04:42 )

I'm really glad to hear such positive reviews on it. I was big time worried, but it looks like everything turned out better than expected. I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. (may have to wait a while, don't have a place to hook up PS4 atm u_u)

I'm especially glad to hear they cleaned up the story a little because even though I enjoyed the original, it was a hot mess lol. Not even talking about graphics (PS1 was a really awkward era for graphics let's be real).

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.