Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Happy Earth Day 2020!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/22 21:50:06 )

Happy Earth Day everyone! Did you know that this year is the 50th Earth Day! Is there anything that you are doing to celebrate? Are you reflecting on your actions and how you are helping in your own small way? Do you have any tips?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/22 21:50:31 )

Besides the tips that we know, use less energy in your home, grow some plants/trees/food, walk, bike or take public transportation when possible, you can also use Ecosia! It's like Google but they take their profits and plant trees around the world! Ecosia.org They have already planted 90 million trees and they even have a blog showing the progress and breaking how down their revenue is spent each month. Blog

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 00:42:51 )

Yay! Earth Day 2020! I love Mother Earth I’ve been attempting to use less energy tbh. It is hard when you’re living in a house with four people though so I’m not always successful

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 01:33:01 )
@Bonnie: that’s cool that you’re making an effort though! I know it can be frustrating to live in a household that doesn’t take that kind of thing as seriously as you.

I actually forgot it was Earth Day because my dog had surgery this morning and I was worried about her πŸ˜… all’s well now though.

My partner and I are pretty dedicated to making small changes where we can. We live in a small town that doesn’t really care about this kind of thing so recycling and composting is pretty hard but we try.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 01:41:45 )

@Synth: I mean they aren’t necessarily wasteful we try to keep lights off if we don’t need them but I feel like they keep the AC on too long. And by keeping it on all time you’re going to not only be paying more but your using so much energy up. I get that it gets hot but then when it gets cold they get a blanket and just keep the air on...

But I hope everything is well with your dog! That’s a scary kind of situation!

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 01:56:36 )
@Bonnie: ah I see what you mean! Guess I’m more used to living with people who just shrug it off :P

Yeah everything’s fine with the dog now. She’s resting with me while we watch TV. Thanks for the well wishes !
ping me for best results

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 01:58:47 )

Happy Earth day!

°<°art by KeturahπŸ–€πŸ¦–πŸ–€

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 02:56:11 )
There's something foul about the air here...

Ahhh no I forgot about Earth Day ;^;
Don't know what to do with the little bit of day I have but hopefully I'll have something good for next year lol
Maybe next year if we're not still in lockdown or the world hasn't ended I'll bike around with friends or work on the garden

...α˜›βΜ€α•α·

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 02:57:14 )

@Bonnie: Good for you! I know it can be tough. Do you guys have ceiling fans? You must you are in the south. Tell them to use that instead of putting on the AC. I love the feeling of a ceiling fan when it's hot.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 02:57:48 )

@grost: You can make everyday Earth Day! But I will admit it is nice to do it actually on Earth Day.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 04:16:00 )

@Totalanimefan: yes. I use the heck out of mine. I’ll try. We will see how that goes. I’ll also say that the house doesn’t cool down or heat that well but we will see

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 06:30:19 )

@Bonnie: yeah a ceiling fan doesn’t cool the house but it cools the person and costs like 1 cent to run.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 17:09:36 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah mine is always on when it gets too hot in my room xD I hate having the AC on when it doesn’t really need to be on. It gets cold too fast.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 19:52:21 )

@Bonnie: yeah same here. In CA ceiling fans are rare and I’m like why?!! They are so nice and they are cheap. Cheap to run, cheap to install, but they crate value.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 21:48:19 )

@Totalanimefan: wow that’s strange. Hmmmm I wonder why that’s the case. Maybe due to the frequency of earthquakes, maybe? I don’t really know

bloop

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 01:28:15 )

I am looking for some items in my quest thread!
I can offer a trade or art for them!

@Totalanimefan: HAPPY EARTH DAY! We've been growing leeks and other veggies and just generally celebrating nature! (And playing the heck out of Animal Crossing since they have an Earth Day event on!)

Blessed be friends! <3

Come chill at The Treehouse or visit my Item Trading Thread!
[Pixels by Ghost & DragonicKittens!]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.