Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Nintendo Switch

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 01:24:30 )
Do you have one?
Do you want one?

What games do you like to play and what would you recommend to others?
Any games you are looking forward to?

Chat about the Switch and it's games here.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 01:33:39 )
I got a Switch on day one and it's great. I've beaten Zelda with my hubby, I also play a lot of Puyo Puyo Tetris, Mario Kart 8 and I watch my husband play Splatoon 2 (I'm no good at it).
There are a lot of future games I want to play too. Like Xenoblade, Super Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Shin Megami Tensei 5, Pokémon for the Switch!
I highly recommend playing the new Octopath Traveler demo. I just played it this morning. I also recommend the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo. It's a lot of fun and my favorite way of playing is Swap. That's where you go head to head and play Puyo for 20 seconds and then swap to Tetris for 20 seconds.

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 01:59:14 )
@Totalanimefan: I have one. I've got LoZ (which I have not beaten), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Sonic Mania, Oceanhorn and Troll and I.

I don't like turn based RPGs (except pokemon). I'd rather run around and fight on my own terms. lol

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 02:03:56 )
@Shamrock Shamus: do your kids play with it as well? Are you looking forward to any games in the future?
I'm not that good at real time games except for a few lol

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 02:12:27 )
@Totalanimefan: My 5 year old, twin 6 year olds, 10 year old (and his boyfriend) and my 15 year old's boyfriend like to play with it. My 15 year old couldn't care less about video games and I don't let my three 4 year olds touch it. My 5 year old is just beginning to understand the concept of video games, since he's so young. I go easy on him. lol. But everyone else, I like to destroy in video games. (am I awful? :vanora_xd: ) My 15 year old's boyfriend likes to play Mario Kart with me and my other kids though (he's a lot more forgiving with the younger kids than I am. He doesn't actively try to mop up the floor with them like I do.)

I'm looking forward to Mario Odyssey...that's about it. lol. I'm super picky with games.

I'm not good at games period. But, I can do better in real time combat rather than turn based because turn based bores me (like I said, except pokemon). I played Final Fantasy 7, fought one fight and never picked it up again. So, if I end up playing a turn based game more than one fight in, I can't really focus, so I can't do well.

You wanna trade friend codes? Maybe we can race?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 02:51:49 )
I just got one recently, in fact. Only have MK8 Deluxe and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom battle for it, though.

I'd definitely recommend the latter to those who like turn-based strategy. It's great fun, and far better than it has any right to be. Although, from other opinions I've heard, it's very much a love-it-or-hate-it type of game. So, not for everyone, but I do highly recommend giving it a shot.

I'm looking forwards to whenever the Switch Pokémon game comes out... but, it's also probably going to be really hard to avoid spoilers for it. So, not looking forward to that particular minefield. :P

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 10:18:17 )
@Shamrock Shamus: I would say that a fair amount of you guys use the Switch lol and sure we can. I'll see what it is next time I'm on my switch. I don't know it by heart lol

@DataNinja: I'm thinking about getting Rabbis Kingdom when it's a little cheaper. I like the game play but I don't like Rabbis lol
What kind of spoilers are we talking about because. I want to see every trailer and every picture that they show. I want to know if it will be a new main series or just like a gen remake (probably will be a new entry first). I don't want story spoilers though.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 12:30:51 )
@totalanimefan: The Rabbids in the game actually aren't bad. Because A) they actually have 'straight men' to play off, comedically, rather than just being "BWAAAAAHHHH RAAAAAANDOM!!!", and B) the ones you have to deal with for more than one-off gags/battles are ones that have actual character.

I'm talking any spoilers. Basically, the only things that I'm fine with seeing are: the names of the games, the art of the box legendaries and starters first evos (because those are pretty unavoidable and I need to decide which version legendary I want) and... yeah, that's pretty much it. Like, for Moon, I didn't even watch the pre-title screen gameplay preview cinematic, or look at the back of the box. XD
I want to discover everything. It improved my playthrough of Moon immensely, and it would have been so much less fun knowing anything. (I unfortunately got the existence of Alola Formes spoiled for me day 1, so, that was a bummer.) I basically only started looking up things once I got stumped when filling out the PokéDex, and needed to know some of the more obscure evolution methods/locations... >.>;
But, I'm a very extreme case of no-spoilers for this. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 12:44:14 )
@DataNinja: I also like to know everything in about the Pokemon games that you said. But if you learn about the starts and stuff, won't you have watched a trailer or two to know that?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 13:01:51 )
@totalanimefan: Nah. I'm really active in a Pokémon community, so I can get just the things I want that way. People are (generally) really understanding about people who want to stay unspoiled.

Please ping when responding to me, to make sure I see your reply!

Voltie — alien Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 23:25:12 )
I pre-ordered the switch and got it on midnight release. I bought Breath of the Wild special edition the same night. I have that, and Snipperclips. I don't really play it as much as I did when I first got it, but BOTW is amazing. I'm looking forward to the new Mario game, as well as the Pokemon RPG that'll be coming out.. I'm also praying they'll make an Animal Crossing for it.

Please @ me to get my attention. C:

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 00:14:56 )
@DataNinja: That's good. ^^

@GaySpaceTrash: Awesome. You have just those two games? I'm super looking forward to Pokemon, and for sure they have to make Animal Crossing game. I think that they will, but just not for the start of the Switch. I would think 2018 or 2019.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 12:21:04 )
Bought it day one with Breath of the Wild and Bomberman. I also own Disgaea 5, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Sonic Mania.

Games I want to buy but can't afford yet:

DB Xenoverse 2
Splatoon 2
Poken Tournament

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 12:45:11 )
I don't have one, but I would like to pick one up eventually. I'll have to give Breath of the Wild a fair go, though the main thing I'm waiting for is the next Metroid game. (Totally need to play Skyward Sword first oTL) So as soon as they release more info about that / we're closer to the release, I'll definitely be picking one up. c:

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 22:19:02 )
@ZenitaDee: Those are all great games! I really like Splatoon 2!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 22:19:43 )
@Vii: That seems reasonable, the Switch is going to be around for a long time. No need to get it right away if the game you really want isn't out yet.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 22:39:33 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm far less vigilant with the Nintendo consoles than I am with Sony; it's always been like a faithful standby for me, and what with all the Microsoft vs Sony division out there it's easy to forget there are people whose flagship publisher is Nintendo. c': The Metroid Prime trilogy is by far one of my favourite series ever, though. I could sing the praises of Samus in the hands of Retro Studios all day. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 23:26:12 )
@Vii: I also really like Sony too. I would say I like Nintendo a bit better, but that's cause I love Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, Metroid, Fire Emblem, etc. And let's not forget about the one that got me into video games, Pokemon.
Samus is one of the most badass characters ever in videos games. ^^
For Sony console's I really love all the jRPGs that come to the system, plus it's also a good DVD/Blu Ray player, seeing to watch Netflix and all that on it too.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 23:48:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Lol yes, I love how the PlayStation does pretty much everything. It was their tagline during the PS3 promotion and I would joke with my dad about how it "does everything but make toast". Then, when the PS4 came out, it was "it does everything, makes toast, and butters the toast for you". xD

But, you're definitely right in that series like Super Smash Bros, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Mario Party / Mario Kart (and of course Pokémon) etc etc give Nintendo a lot of weight and are what makes them such a well-rounded company, despite their struggles lately. The company has been around for over a hundred years so I really don't see them truly falling off the map any time soon.

No matter what kind of gamer you are, most everyone enjoys a round of Smash or Mario Kart while hanging out with friends. c:
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 01:00:53 )
@Vii: yeah I read that Nintendo has enough money to lose big money every year and still be around for another 50 years XD The Switch is doing really well lately, which makes me happy because I want lots of games for the Switch. I love taking it on flights.
PS4 does do everything for you. I have the PS4 Pro and it's amazing.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.