Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 15:49:31 )

I had no internet for like, a week.

It was cold, and dark, and scary.

Give me food and comforting words.
Tell me your weekend plans. Did anyone see the Child's Play remake that came out yesterday I think???

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 15:54:51 )
@Vermii: I really like your avatar! So cute! :3
If I didn't have the internet, I feel like so much could go wrong. I'm contacted on a daily, almost hourly basis. lol
I'd feel so lost without it! Glad you have it back now!

I'm just working all weekend. About to start my serving shift. You have a wonderful day! Enjoy the internet! :vanora_smile:
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 16:23:34 )

A week without internet feels like a really long time, i hate it when that happens.
Don't know how to give you food
Have made and eaten some Eton mess today myself.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 18:42:47 )
    That sounds like a terrible week :o

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 21:45:34 )

A complete week?! What did you do in that week?! Go out into the Muggle real world?! D=

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 22:18:05 )
Nope, but I went to see Toy Story with my mates today. :D

Come chill at The Treehouse or visit my Item Trading Thread!
[Pixels by Ghost & DragonicKittens!]

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 23:10:02 )

I don’t know what I would do without internet for a week.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 23:12:13 )

I would read, write some poems, sigh a lot and make too many cookies to eat.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/23 15:26:31 )
Last year I took my vacation time around Thanksgiving so I could get that holiday out of the way and start cleaning and decorating for Christmas. But I also intended to spend a lot of time doing enjoyable things online, like gaming and chatting with long-distance friends.

Well, our power got knocked out. And while it came back on within 24 hours, our internet line got damaged. We called to let the company know, and they just wanted to go through their troubleshooting checklist, even though we told them we could literally see the problem and it was external. So the rep decided to be a total dick and not only did he run through the checklist very slowly--twice--but when he finally acknowledged the line was the problem, he set our service date out for the farthest possible time. We found out because after 5 days of no internet, we called and they said it would be another 5 and that their end showed that was the date we requested.

After that they handed us over to a supervisor to file a complaint against that employee. We didn't ask to, they just offered. And the super took down a lot of details and wanted that guy's name. Hope he got fired. LOL! When the repairman finally showed up, he gave us his personal cell number and said to just call him directly from now on.

Anyway...we ended up without internet for 9 days. Ruined my plans for my staycation entirely. I was so bent out of shape and disappointed and angry that I did no cleaning or Christmas prep, no writing or anything fun. I pretty much sulked the whole time. I never realized how dependent on the internet I'd become until I had none!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.