Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 15:08:31 )

So we had an annoymous caller and when I picked up and said my name he said he was looking for (insert name). That was my name. He also had a non Dutch accent. I did not trust it at all so I said he called the wrong number and then hung up.

You guys ever have annoymous calls? How do you deal with those?

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 15:42:56 )

not a call, but i used to keep getting texts from a French dude asking for a Denise or something. i forget the name.
I'd keep texting him back and saying that he has the wrong number. he'd apologize, and then maybe months later he'd text me again.

I hadn't heard from him in over a year and forgot about him altogether, but then maybe just a little while ago i got another text from the same guy, speaking French at me and asking for Denise.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 15:51:16 )
Well, let's see... Spam calls, but quite a few texts from people I don't know. One was from someone wanting church repairs who kept sending me photos despite me telling them wrong number. Then this one guy kept calling me, texted me asking for the guy to pick up(despite my voice mail clearly saying my name) and insisted on calling after texting them wrong number. Had to block him in the end.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 16:14:50 )

Back in the days we would be called by people who wanted to change their tires. We have a car repair shop in our city who has a phone number that's 1 digit off.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 20:02:46 )

》::: ✿・`.*
I get a lot of spam calls since I got my new number. Very annoying. I've started acting like a scam caller back to them and it's really hilarious

When I was younger we had someone call our home phone at least once a day and just breathe into it. Same number called my cousins cellphone and did the same thing. No idea who it was or what the hell the intentions were to this day. We kinda got used to it though, stopped being scary after awhile.
Hopefully it was just someone messing with us but I do get sort of creeped out by it, how did they know my cousins WORK phone number which was PRIVATE? He didn't even give it to family. Our home phone number was also unlisted/private. Gives me a stalker vibe tbh
*.`・✿ ::: 《
Please ping me!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 09:57:53 )
X X X

No weird calls, but I received several texts in Polish before.

Luckily, I worked with a few Polish people who spoke Dutch. They translated the texts for me and sent a message back, saying they had the wrong number.

Voltie — Derpy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 18:18:08 )
@vengeance: I’ve heard when they do stuff like that they are waiting for you to say “Yes” so they can use that in other scam forms. Identity stuff and whatnot. I am trying to train myself to NOT say yes whenever someone calls and asks for me.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/16 15:46:02 )

So the same number now called me on my mobile. How the hell did he get my number.

Voltie — Derpy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/16 15:50:47 )
I get spoofs from numbers with the same first 6 digits of my cell.. all the time.
Artemis is my main

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/16 16:00:32 )
For about a year I kept getting calls for an Emile from collection agencies, companies that she owed money to, etc. I even got calls and texts from people that were looking for dates because she still had MY number listed on a dating website. I ended up finding her profile and the website deleted her entire profile when I emailed them to say that she had my number listed. It hasn't happened for a while but I use to get calls meant for her once a week at least. I had to demand multiple times to have my number removed from a collections agencies list and I had people act like they were suspicious of me either being her or knowing her lol.
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.