Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat tell me something

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 06:39:59 )

asmr, do you enjoy? or do you think it's weird? or are you indifferent?

I think it's nice. i particularly like anything involving rain/water sounds and also white noise.
:static-celebrate:

also here, a gift!
an asm-aw video fo you! o wo

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 06:45:25 )
I don't really care for it either way. Some people do it to be creepy and weird or annoying, and it definitely comes off as that. And the other "normal" stuff doesn't make me feel anything, so I just don't bother with it.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 06:51:26 )

@Shark:
there are definitely just as many asmr parodies out there as there are actual asmr videos.
i get a kick out of the asmr videos that use scenerios that are the exact opposite of relaxing. like these. I enjoy wyatt kane.

but it's totally understandable not to care for them! I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, and that's a-ok.

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 07:45:35 )

@Bioshock:
That is strange that it only happens on one side.

I discovered asmr videos back in like 2011 and they were a godsend because i was struggling with anxiety and ocd at the time. They were a great distraction. It also put a name to the tinglies i would experience as a kid watching certain movies or doing certain activities.

I admit, i think i've burned thru so many asmr vidoes up to this point thst im starting to build up a tolerance. So while i dont always get tingles, they can still be relaxing.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 08:12:18 )

I love them, but I also have misophonia, so certain sounds will always get a bad response from me and even the good ones will do the same if I'm not in the right mood for it. But it's especially nice to listen to some good ASMR stuff when I'm winding down for the night (I would say as I'm falling asleep, but wearing headphones to bed just hurts my ears and I can only sleep on my side...). My all-time favorite is misting/spray bottle sounds, but the only things I really don't like are water pouring (like someone filling up a glass, specifically--other water flow like bathtubs or fountains is fine--because it gives me anxiety related to some bad memories) and eating or wet/sticky mouth noises (these are the misophonia ones; I find them disgusting and they make me feel irrationally upset/angry). Before I discovered ASMR stuff, I would listen to rain and similar ambiance sounds for relaxation and get the same effect. I still do sometimes, and I especially like channels that combine ASMR with ambiance. Even when I'm not in the mood for normal ASMR, those are always welcome, especially while I'm writing or working on something.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 13:37:29 )
I like it as long as it's not people talking, whispering, etc - basically as long as it's not a person's voice lol.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 14:53:42 )
Reading this I thought to myself "She neglected to mention all the spooky asmr she's into"

And then I clicked the video.

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/5 17:27:01 )

@Uncledaddy:
yes, the asmr and ambiance stuff is heavenly!
also, i can totally understand not enjoying mouth sounds and the like. I have a friend who also has misophonia.

there's this one channel dedicated to ambiance videos, but i found their spooky ambiance videos and i instantly fell in love.
Tapping and crinkly noises are among my favorite things to listen to when it comes to asmr, and you can hear a fair bit of it the spooky stuff.

@Ixora:
crinkles and tapping then? yes yes? crinkles are my favorite. I can also get asmr from visual stuff, and there's this one girl on youtube called TingtingASMR and she does this silent tea ceremony and holeeeey shiet. one of my favs.

@Kira:
yeah, but that one's spooky for a different reason.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/6 03:31:16 )

》::: ✿・`.*
ohhgodddd no
It makes me anxious and i feel like bugs r crawling in my brain lol. makes me so nervous

that videos making me laugh tho lmfao
*.`・✿ ::: 《
Please ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/6 07:36:06 )

I don’t like it. I doesn’t annoy me but it doesn’t sound pleasant to me. I don’t know why. I haven’t figured it out yet.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/6 11:51:00 )
I never thought of rain/white noise to fall under the ASMR umbrella, but it does, doesn't it? Rain sounds are the epitome of "hnnngh" relaxation for me. Focus, or sleep.

I like adding binaural beats for sleepy time with rain noise. I really can't tell if it does anything, but it is fun.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/6 13:56:25 )
@Vermii: crinkles, tapping, crunching, scratching.
Oddly, I also enjoy chewing... particularly crispy stuff.
I'll have to check out that silent tea ceremony stuff.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/6 19:44:41 )

@Vermii: Spooky ambiance is my favorite. Though mostly just because I love spooky things :U

AKA Count Trashula

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/6 20:43:11 )

@milkdaddy:
as it should! first time i stumbled on that video, i cursed all my friends with it.

@Totalanimefan:
Not for everyone, it's as simple as that lol.

@Fellowsheep:
they do, ye. especially if asmr artists use it along with other trigger sounds.
heaven to me, lol.

@Ixora:
please do! I thought it was worth it.
also, chewing is one of the few things i can't really stand in asmr lmao. to each their own though!
I can sort of understand why it'd work for others. i'll admit, there were some asmr videos focused on chewing that did the trick for me, but they are few and far between.

@Uncledaddy:
same here lmao

@Lilypoo:
that's understandable. everyone reacts differently to different stimuli lol.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/6 22:22:29 )
@Vermii: aaaaaah the tea ceremony was satisfying - not just the sound of stuff but because it was pretty interesting and cool to look at lol.
I don't like most chewing sounds. Really just the crunchy ones.
The slushy kinds of sounds are ew...

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/7 02:12:19 )
@Vermii: Your mom is spooky for a different reason.

[Quests][Store]

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/7 03:17:48 )

@Kira:
im hurt and offended kira. you're supposed to be my friend!

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/7 04:24:42 )
I've gotten the ASMR tingle or w/e but I never enjoyed it. It's something I've noticed since childhood, falling asleep listening to my grandmother talk and her S's would make that lil tingle in my brain.

I enjoy white noise and listening to shows and stuff so I get the appeal but I don't like that one in particular :vanora_sweat:
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/7 05:59:16 )

@Addy:
i remember when i was just a wee chilen', there was a scene in Lilo and Stitch that I would rewind over and over again because it gave me the tingliies and i loved it.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.