Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk So apparently Notre Dame is burning.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/15 20:57:50 )
Someone help me sort out how I feel? I'm not even Catholic and it's frickin' wrecking me. I mean, I'm part French, so maybe that's it. How does this crap happen? How do they stop it before the whole thing is gone?

What does France do after this? Haven't they been through enough as a country lately?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/15 21:02:20 )

Well it's part of our culture and history so that's why you might also feel sad. Unfortunaly I don't think it can be saved. The fireman already said they are not sure if they can stop the fire.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/15 21:07:01 )
I think the question is probably going to be -- can they rebuild?

Should they rebuild?

I'd like to say "hell yes!", but...
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/15 21:16:17 )

Theyd didn't even have enough money to restore the roof. That alone was already more then 6,4 mil.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/15 21:16:19 )
@vengence: Well, I'm sending all the prayers and wish power I can, for whatever it's worth. Esp for the fire fighters' survival and emotional health. Aren't there like 400 on the job?

@onsenmark: The economy is poo right now, but given how many million people show up to see Notre Dame every year, it might well be a financially sound decision to go ahead and rebuild. Not 100% sure, but..
I have many issues, gender things among them
I also have a ballet obsession and an unhealthy interest in Sonic the Hedgehog games. Take as you will, haha!
@ me, yo!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/15 21:24:39 )
There's a chance they'll be able to rebuild some of it as is, but given the condition of how the fire took things out, I believe they may have to rebuild a lot of it from scratch to avoid any future damages.

Prayers to France and everyone helping out.

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/15 22:01:08 )
Is the cause known yet? I tried looking it up but didn't see anything about why it's burning.

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/15 22:12:06 )

@Onyx Popcorn: I am really sad about it too. I took it for granted that it will always be around and I could visit it anytime. Its a huge loss to humanity's history as a whole and I share in your sadness :viocry: I hope it can be rebuilt back to what it was eventually.

Always ping me please.

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/15 22:40:01 )

My heart hurts for this historical building and all of France, these last years have been a lot for their country.

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Donator — squid Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 00:08:49 )
They were undergoing renovations, from what NZ news have reported, French officials are treating it as an accident for now. I'm not even French and I'm freaking devastated. I always wanted to visit it to view the beautiful architecture, and those stain glass windows
Just your friendly neighbourhood Goddess.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 01:50:53 )

From what I have read, the majority of the structure is safe, and none of the statues and such are damaged due to removal for renovations.

Item QuestHangoutSales

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 02:03:22 )
The cross survived and was found still standing when the firefighters entered into the building

Proud Roleplayer | Objection! An Ace Attorney RP

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 03:47:34 )
I just looked up recent reports and it said they saved it from complete destruction. So at least there is that.

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:07:22 )
┏━━━───•

I thought i read somewhere that Gucci owner willing to sponsor some of the cost to rebuild it?
its sad really ;u;

•───━━━┛

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 06:43:47 )

I saw this yesterday and this is sad news no matter who you are or what your hobbies are. It was a sad day, but at least the fire didn’t destroy everything.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 06:10:59 )

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.