Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing (Red and Uncledaddy) The Price of Knowledge.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:09:14 )
Bertrand frowned, "That bag is the wrong color. It's green!" he said, though he picked it up and looked inside anyway. The contents weren't impressive, some makeup, an ugly blouse with a matching ugly skirt and a wad of American dollars. Bertrand pocketed the money and an left the bag with a frown. He had a feeling this would be along search.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:12:15 )

"Oh." Valko frowned. "In dat case, I'm gonna have to yell at Kyle when I see him. He's not cleaning up around dese traps like he ought to." With a shake of their head, Valko motioned for Bertrand to follow them a little deeper into the trees. "I'm colorblind, by de way."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:15:10 )
"Ah, good to know," Bertrand's heart sank. Of course his host would be colorblind, perfect, great, fantastic! He sighed and glanced around for signs of his bag, "The flowers are roses" he offered, hoping that might help Valko distinguish his bag from the rest of the garbage. "Is Kyle the name of your groundskeeper?" he asked.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:22:27 )

"He won't be for long if 'e doesn' clean out dese traps an' keep my property clean," Valko grumbled. "He gets a reduced rent to help take care of de tourists and all de garbage dey leave behind."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:24:43 )
Bertrand watched a flip flop as it floated down a thin stream of mud running down into a nearby ditch, "He's got a lot of work to do," he commented.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:34:59 )

"Ugh," Valko growled as they caught sight of the movement. "I'll kill 'im."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:36:17 )
Bertrand sighed, deciding to divert the topic he asked "Are all trolls colorblind or just you?"

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:40:07 )

"One of my parents was colorblind," they answered with a shrug. "No other troll dat I know of. Everyone else in de family like to go on about how pretty all de flowers are because dey so colorful. Pink an' red roses, red apples, green everytin'." They snorted.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:41:01 )
Bertrand nodded quietly, "I take it your family likes flowers?" he asked giving Valko a sympathetic pat.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:45:55 )

"Sí. I like dem, too," said Valko, "but sometimes everyone else make me feel like I'm missing someting. Dey still beautiful. Dey still smell nice. An' dey have a nice aura."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:46:42 )
"Aura?" Bertrand asked sidling a little closer, "What do you mean by aura?"

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:50:03 )

Valko's brows raised a little. Of course. Most humans can't smell auras. "De energy everyting has," they offered. "It's like a little mist around every object, but living tings have de strongest aura. A few humans can train demselves to see dem, but trolls can smell dem naturally."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:50:37 )
"All trolls?" Bertrand asked as he pulled a small notebook from his pocket.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:53:53 )

"All trolls." At least, Valko had yet to hear of a troll who lacked the ability. "Some maybe better den others, but all can do it. Magical creatures are very in tune with magic, as you can figure."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/3 06:51:19 )
Bertrand gave a slow nod as he absorbed the information, "Is this something a human could learn?" he asked.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/4 19:26:52 )

"Not by smell," Valko said with a roll of their eyes. "You don' have de nose for it."

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.