Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing (Red and Uncledaddy) The Price of Knowledge.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 10:13:19 )
Bertrand let out a much less ambiguous sob. "This is the nicest place I've ever stayed," he hiccuped as he flopped onto the sprawling bed and flung out his limbs in all directions. To his amazement his feet and hands never met the edges and he was certain he could have laid across it sideways and still had ample room.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 10:24:16 )

For a moment, Valko just watched in quiet amusement, their tail waving slowly behind them. "Well, de laundry will be at your door when it's done. Do you need anyting else before I get back to de kitchen?"

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 10:26:19 )
Bertrand rolled around on the comforter before he replied in a soft and hopeful voice, "Food?"

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 10:44:55 )

"I guess you can join us for breakfast," Valko offered as their tail twitched a little faster. "It may cost you a little extra."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 10:47:37 )
Bertrand froze, "I think the professor included meal expenses?" he asked hopefully, "Surely he didn't forget that I would need to eat!"

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 10:49:42 )

Valko's face tightened. They gave a single, solemn head shake. "He was very... cheap."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 10:53:08 )
Bertrand buried his face in the blanket with a groan. Of course, this shouldn't have surprised him, Professor Beauchamp was...absentminded , to say the very least. "I have a little change but it was in the bag I lost in the woods," he mumbled.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 10:58:55 )

"You may want to go an' get it, den," Valko replied with a syrupy little smile. It was hard not to laugh at the poor boy. "I'll let you take breakfast first, in good faith."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 11:01:54 )
Bertrand perked up almost instantly, "Thank you! Merci! " he cried jumping off of the bed and rushing to the kitchen with a sudden burst of new found energy at the prospect of food.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 11:11:15 )

Once again Valko found themself watching him in amusement; he was the most interesting house guest they'd had in some time, and not necessarily in a bad way. While Bertrand hurried down the stairs in a flurry, Valko walked on at a much more leisurely pace. There was no great hurry; Rita had been keeping an eye on the stove since the doorbell had rung. Breakfast was probably already prepared by now. For many, it would have been the middle of the night, but for Valko and their wife, the day was just beginning.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 11:17:03 )
And sure enough Rita had breakfast on the table and an extra plate for their guest. When Bertrand entered the kitchen she introduced herself and invited him to dig in, which he did with gusto. Leaving their guest to his meal Rita walked down the hall to meet her spouse and ask a few questions about their guest...

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/11 10:47:56 )

Valko slowed to a stop as they saw her approach. "So you met 'im." They were curious to see what she'd think of Bertrand.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/13 10:11:05 )
"I did, yes," said Rita as she rocked back and forth on her toes, "He seems...nice," she took a moment before settling on the word.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/13 10:58:15 )

"'Nice'." Valko's mouth stretched into a little half-grin. "I suppose 'e is dat."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 08:10:33 )
"He's also tearin' into them flapjacks like he ain't eatin' in a week," she jerked her thumb back towards the kitchen. "If you want any you might oughta hurry."

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 08:27:04 )

Without another word, Valko rushed past her, brows raised and tail swishing.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 08:28:23 )
Bertrand had finished a stack of pancakes and was moving on to the next platter, not noticing the drips of syrup he was leaving on the table cloth.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 08:45:02 )

Valko stood in silence by the edge of the counter and watched him, unmoving, like a predator. Then, with no warning at all: "I assume Mssr. Beauchamp gave you cash for food, since 'e didn't include it in your stay."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 08:55:20 )
Bertrand froze, fork halfway to his mouth, "Well no...but I did bring some money, it's uuuhh... it's in my trunk...that got washed into the woods last night," he said quietly.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 09:00:53 )

"Dat'll be fun to retrieve," said Valko with a wide grin.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.