Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing (Red and Uncledaddy) The Price of Knowledge.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 09:26:47 )
"Those woods are....dangerous," Bertrand offered hopefully, perhaps his host would help?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 09:42:33 )

There was a low chuckle as Valko slid away from the counter to sit beside him. "Not if you're careful," they assured him as the reached over him to load up a plate for breakfast. "You made it through them de first time, right?"

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 09:56:54 )
"I nearly fell into a pit and got stuck in a bear trap," protested Bertrand as he slumped in his seat, crestfallen.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:02:25 )

Valko let out a loud, barking laugh. "So you saw my tourist traps."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:04:12 )
"Ah, is that what you call them," Bertrand frowned darkly and folded his arms, "I don't know if I can go back in there."

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:07:13 )

"Well, I won' have your tings cluttering up my forest, now," said Valko, their smile fading for a moment as they caught his eye. They turned their attention back to the food; "But until den, I suppose you can work for your food," they added a little more pleasantly.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:09:00 )
Bertrand frowned at his reflection in the sticky plate of crumbs and syrup. He'd need to retrieve his bag anyway, his money and equipment were in it, "Is there a way I can get you to guide me around the traps?" he asked at length.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:10:51 )

"Oh, all right." Valko flashed him a wink. "But only because you're so cute."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:13:06 )
Bertrand blushed, that had gone better than expected and he was almost suspicious. Almost. But he was not one to question generosity and he knew he'd never make it through that forest without Valko's help. "Thank you, I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear that," he said, making sure his gratitude was apparent.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:16:15 )

Valko gave him a quiet nod as their smile softened to something more genuine. He was all right. Impossible to resist teasing, but all right. "We'll go after you wash up."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:19:09 )
Bertrand looked down at his hands, which he'd only given a cursory rinse in the restroom before coming down, "I suppose I could use a bath," he said. Valko's smile was warm and it cheered him, perhaps his host was more kind hearted than he'd thought.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:22:20 )

After breakfast, Valko dressed and waited for Bertrand by the door. Though they were perfectly adept at seeing in near-darkness, they'd brought a small flashlight for their human guest.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:36:48 )
Bertrand spent a little longer in his bath than he should have, testing out the luxurious soaps and sponges, sinking into the foam and even splashing a little. He was more accustomed to taking fast showers in water that was cold and sometimes not even clean. This was a luxury he wanted to enjoy for as long as possible. Eventually the water grew cold and he was forced to dress and head for the door, though he smelled rather nice, if he was honest with himself and his skin had never felt so soft.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:39:14 )

Valko turned to face him, tail waving. "Oh good, you didn't drown in de bath... jus' de scented bubbles," they remarked with a nod toward the door.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:40:14 )
Bertrand gave an embarrassed giggle, "It smelled nice," he offered toeing the ground with a freshly shined shoe.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:43:40 )

"Smell is very important." Valko led him outside and handed him the flashlight, closing the door behind them as the two made their way around the side of the house toward the trees. "I try to get de best ones. Fresh, not overpowering, but someting dat lingers just enough to carry de experience with you trough de day."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:45:52 )
Bertrand clicked the flashlight on and aimed the beam at the woods, "I can definitely agree with you there," he said, he gave the beam a bounce, "It was that way." he said swiping the light down a gushing runoff of mud and water into the undergrowth.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 10:51:43 )

Valko nodded and walked on ahead of him, just slow enough that he could follow without getting lost. "Stay right behind me," they warned. "De traps are up dis way."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:00:04 )
Bertrand stuck close, occasionally bumping into Valko as he checked around for signs of his bag, "Can you see?" he asked as he squinted into the darkness, "My bag is red with purple flowers on it."

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 11:06:34 )

"Oh, dere it is." Valko stopped and motioned to a bag laying a few steps away from a bear trap. There was nothing in the trap, but it had clearly been sprung at some point and caused the loss of some luggage. The bag in question did have a floral print, though it was green and brown.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.