Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2018 How VK Ruined Solstice

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 06:25:14 )
I'm the shadow version of kid. that's why we need to fight on sight, there can be only one

young dumb and full of crumbs

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 22:12:55 )
[Reminder that there is less than an hour to cast your vote before the next gift arrives]

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 23:05:42 )

"Okay let's play this song I know it," Vregory nods in understanding, moving to select the instrumentals. The familiar piano music began to play as Vregory grabbed the microphone, tapping his boot absentmindedly as he waited for the lyrics to show on the screen.

However, when he began to sing he found he wasn't alone, as the entire audience began to join in, growing more passionate as the song went on. This only proved to encourage Vregory further, smiling happily as he sang along with all his friends.

Even if Vregory wasn't the best singer, he was holding his own well, and with the backing vocals of the enthusiastic crowd, the karaoke machine's meter proved he was easily beating this game. Together, Vregory and his crew shouted out the final words, causing the machine to shake before displaying the words "You're a Winner, Rockstar!" before the top opened up, exploding out a rainbow of confetti.

The crowd went wild with applause, cheering on not only Vregory but each other as well. The rat man smiled, nodding, "Was fun who's next?"

[FRONT PAGE UPDATED WITH A NEW GIFT]

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 23:17:30 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

@Vregory:

1) Are the rooms titled in any sort of fashion?
2) Can you feel anything? Pinch yourself real quick.
3) This is a lucid nightmare, so is it possible you can force your friend
back with your own dream powers?

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 23:35:04 )
You gotta @Mention me.

Whenever I'm trapped in a room inside my dreams, it's always because gravity is pulling me away from the doorway.
Even if it's open, I can never make my way towards it and I just flounder along the floor, sliding further away from it.

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 00:21:08 )
@Vregory: The only way to find out is to move your butt right now and search each rooms of the mansion. Hopefully, they aren't locked or else that should pose another problem.
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 02:40:42 )
@Millet: Are the rooms titled in any sort of fashion?
Titled? Humm..... they look fancy.

Can you feel anything? Pinch yourself real quick.
Vreg questions why he should but proceeds to try pinching himself Ouch yes is pri...pree... humm... it steams.

This is a lucid nightmare, so is it possible you can force your friend back with your own dream powers?
He remains thoughtful for a second. Is she ok... maybe if I help is not nightmare anymore... i don't have a friend Lucy but i can help.

@Fielkun: Ok.... I dunno which way to go is so big...

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 18:27:34 )

@vregory: Can you see what is in any of the doors?

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 19:22:20 )
@priestess of pie: Can you see what is in any of the doors?

Hummm... They're all closed, but maybe not locked? Oh, I see one down the hall is open. Is dark, scary.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 19:25:16 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Vregory: It's not dark when you have a flashlight.
And would you look at that, you have one right there in your hand!

Let's go check out that open door.

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 19:36:05 )
@rallaa: Oh where'd that come from ok He fiddles with it a little too long before finding the switch, shining it into the empty room.

Humm... It looks familiar I see things I remember. Is a room. He nods, letting you see too. It is a room, with a large portrait on the wall. There are four figures in the painting, but three of them are merely silhouettes. The only one you can see is what appears to be a young Vregory, looking sadder than his usual carefree attitude.

There is also a comfortable looking chair, a desk, a curtained window, an unlit fireplace, potted plants, and a carpet in this room.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 19:48:11 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Vregory: Fancy room. Almost like a mansion.
Is there a candlestick on the fireplace mantle?
Fancy rooms with fireplaces often have a secret switch disguised as a candlestick.
Try pulling it.

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 19:55:17 )
@rallaa: Humm... I see a candle. Vreg walks over to the fireplace, moving to pull the candle... Only for it to lift up into his hand. it seems to be just a decoration.

Oh did I break it?

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 20:02:36 )
You gotta @Mention me.

No no, you didn't break it. Don't worry.
...Is it at least pretty?

We saw a closed curtain, right?
Let's check what's outside.

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 20:08:26 )
Yeah is nice. Vregory gently puts it back before walking over the the large curtains, drawing them wide open. Outside is a mass of swirling colours and nothingness, causing the man to tilt his head curiously.

Hummmmm.... That's not normal I think I'm sleeping.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 20:25:10 )

@vregory: What is this room Vreg? It is your dream after all. Why do you look so sad in the portrait?

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 20:56:48 )
@priestess of pie: What is this room Vreg? It is your dream after all. Why do you look so sad in the portrait?

"Sad... hummm is hard to remember" He fumbles around, as if looking for something "Oh... Eugene isn't here... when I was little he wasn't here either." Thinks about his own choice of words for a minute, then resumes, looking a little sad himself now. "Is like before... I dont wanna stay here they were mean here."

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 21:00:49 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Vregory: Don't worry, Vreg. We won't let them be mean to you again.
We'll get out of here and find Eugene.

Does the desk have drawers? I bet there is something useful inside them.

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 21:09:21 )
@rallaa: Humm ok... He nods, but seems very uncertain of your words. You can tell he's distressed, but tries to move on with a distraction.

Ok lemme check. Vregory moves over to the desk drawer, trying to tug it open. It doesn't budge at first, but after a few swift tugs it suddenly flies open with unseen force, emanating a bright light. Blinking to get his sight back, Vregory peers into the drawer, finding a single key. "Oh this looks good." He grabs it, and now has a shiny key.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 21:19:47 )
You gotta @Mention me.

Perhaps that is the key to the locked door from before.

Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.