Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat lmao seriously?

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 22:01:59 )

@Bioshock:
Lmao same. Although I really should get off there I become as toxic as the assholes and pseudo-intellectuals that roams GD when I stay there for a long time. 😂

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/21 01:14:14 )
The userbase for Recolor was never good - it's why I left what, two or three years ago? There were certain users there who got under my skin pretty badly yet everyone seemed to find their personality charming. Ignore wasn't enough because the userbase just got worse and worse as time went on.

GD was one of the only active forums for the longest time and it housed some of the most sophomoric people I dealt with outside of Gaia's GD.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/21 12:29:20 )
We’ll carry on

@devil: some sites also do it, when a function like that is new, they turn it on for everyone

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/21 19:18:57 )

@Tuijp:
True but I wouldn’t pass me to turn it on either.
I don’t exactly appreciate seeing someone’s nudes when I’m not seeking for it.

@Sigma:
There is that troll-like persona that both rec and Gaia crowd is drawn to and it never appealed to me either. You can’t even have a coherent discussion without the other party’s resorting to name calling.

Also the discussion such as “race is not biological “ is mind numbing that I gotta take a break really.

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/21 20:03:51 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad:
If you have a rec user I can link you to the thread or if you want I can show you screenshots.

But pretty much it’s discussion about how race is not biological but simply a “social costruct”. 🙃 some may be joking but quite a few feels genuine and I’ve been called a racist for stating it is biological. Ah geez.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/21 22:17:31 )
@devil: I got the impression most of the recolor userbase came specifically from Gaia's GD. I didn't see anyone I recognized but I sure saw a whole lot of asshattery being passed off as "lol that's how how the person is". Screw those popularity contest deals - I've got some actual FUN stuff to do.

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/21 22:25:41 )

@Sigma:
That’s pretty much it.
Lmao
Help.
I need to get out but by pure boredom I m still there. 😂
This is on me now.
Rec is toxic and any of their other forums that isn’t GD is dead. Ew.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/21 22:28:20 )
@devil: Wow they haven't had any significant activity in forums that aren't GD? That's unfortunate. Was hoping that maybe it'd improve as the site grew.

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 09:09:17 )

@Sigma:
Over time their use activity decreased and the only ones that are active is GD, topic games and maybe art but that’s it.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 21:42:40 )
》::: ✿・`.*
@devil:
Um yea not as easy as it sounds
*.`・✿ ::: 《
Please ping me!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 22:40:49 )
I completely forgot about rec. O_O
I logged on for the first time in a long time just now and I have all of these "Thanks for being a member for X amount of days" items. XD she's 1,646 days old and still looks extremely lame. She's got one topic and its the welcome one, a year after I joined and they are all labeled as 44 months ago. whoops. XD
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Voltie — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 23:08:35 )
I just came here from rec! Lol! Honestly the only thing I like more there are the minigames and Avi contests. I'll probably frequent for those things... But the community here seems much more laid back.

The gd there is always in a tizzy over something. Usually it's the trans community and the cis community at each other's throats but occasionally some self proclaimed "modern Nazis" will come out to play and woo, that's fun. Some of the mods there are really great and unbiased but a lot of them really are just your average shitposter with more power.
:viosweat:

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/23 11:06:11 )

@milkdaddy:
Omg that’s beautiful heheee

@Mousy:
Sounds like me 😂😂😂

@Corvid:
I noticed that haha 😂
pls ping me.

[ DEVIL ] LISH // art auction & hangout.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/26 21:43:27 )
Well thats just plain rude.

Just chillin'

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/27 02:10:11 )
@corvid: Good to know the site hasn't changed an iota since I left. The minigames weren't too bad; certainly better than watching people gossiping about each other and trying to start trouble when there was nothing worth starting a fight over.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/27 15:43:56 )
There's a reason even on Gaia I didn't go into the GD..... Ah well, they're missing out on quality people they're pushing away.
[95/150]

Graphic Artist // I love to draw avatars! // Cats are pretty great.

Voltie — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/27 17:45:04 )
@Sigma:
Yeah 😅 when I first joined I saw a post in the gd where one girl was just stating her opinion, then a like 3-4 other people were trashing her bc her opinions weren't right/good. She was/is known to call trans people by the wrong pronoun bc she believes what you're born with is your gender. I didn't know any of that, I didn't know anyone! But I popped in and was basically just trying to calm the situation, like "hey people can have different opinions, no need to harass each other" kind of thing and I got jumped on and accused of being transphobic 🙄😩 that's what the majority of the conversation is like there. If you don't agree with someone they name call, accuse you of being ____phobic, or block you and then make a thread abt you. 😂 Lol!

Voltie — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 19:01:04 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad:
yeah, I feel the same. I just always try to stay pretty neutral, but a lot of people in the rec forums are of the "either you're with me or against me" vein. 🙄

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.