Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Writer's Cafe - OPEN!

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 01:37:28 )

@Saeyra: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" popped into my head when I read that. If I were you, I'd probably ask someone who has read both their thoughts on it, if you haven't already. That aside, what is Les Miserables about? I've heard of it in passing, but never bothered looking into it.
(Also, ouch.)

@Lady Luna: If you're not able to post that kind of content here, is there somewhere else I can read it?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 01:44:37 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

@Quoth the Raven: I can PM the google doc's if you want to.
They're not particularly bad.
Just... suicide is in them, and I'd rathe rplay it safe and NOT post that publicly here. ^ ^;;
(And extreme violence is implied)

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 11:27:38 )

@Quoth the Raven: Its kinda hard to explain. I'll try not to spoil too much.

It deals with lots of issues like morality and justice. "How do you know when a crime has been paid for?"
A poor man stole a loaf of bread for his starving family once but kept adding to his sentence by multiple escape attempts. He finally gets released after 19 years but he has nothing and noone will be good to him because he is an ex-convict. So he steals from a couple more people because he is angry at the world. One of the people he steals from is kind to him despite what he did and changes his heart. He then resolves to do good but has to hide who he is and plays cat and mouse with a detective who is trying to pin him down for theft and send him back to jail for life. The detective wants to make him pay for his crimes by following the law to the letter, but the poor man wants to repay the kindness of a stranger by doing as much good in the world as he can. All the while a rebellion is brewing in Paris and it turns into a bloody mess. He has to make really difficult choices as one after another heartbreaking event occurs.
Everything is woven together perfectly, and every action has a consequence for someone somewhere.

I know a couple movies have been made about this book but reading it is somehow different. The author really knows how to use words to make you hurt with empathy for his characters.

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 00:52:54 )

@Lady Luna: I'll probably ask for them after I've finished the other two stories. Thank you, though.

@Saeyra: Thanks for that. I'm particularly curious as to what choices he makes, so I'll be adding this to my list of books to read.
As for the movies, do you think they're worth watching?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 00:54:25 )

@Quoth the Raven: Fair enough =)
Just say the word and I'll send.

I might post some other stuff I've written over the years at some point too. Most of it never took off, for some reason, and it's just short starts, but... yeah. I might. I dunno. XD

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 21:52:12 )

@Quoth the Raven: I watched the first one that came out in 1998 a really really long time ago and I liked it alot back then. Not sure how it would hold up nowadays. Its got Liam Neeson and Geoffrey Rush in the lead roles so it shouldn't be too bad. And the newer one that came out in 2012 I haven't seen yet but its a musical so make of that what you will. It has got its fair share of good actors too so I am gonna give it a shot.

Always ping me please.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 22:47:54 )
*flops into the thread*

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 23:31:17 )

@nyreen: Ooohhh, lovin' the avi~<3

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 23:32:16 )
@Lady Luna: thank yooou!~
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 03:09:43 )
I had writers block, but now I have an insane need to write.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 04:01:15 )

@luvage: So write! ~<3
What kinda something to do wanna write, you think?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 04:20:54 )
Lady Luna:

@luvage: So write! ~&lt;3
What kinda something to do wanna write, you think?

I have two stories I am working on.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 04:27:11 )

@luvage: Oh? What genre? =)
If you don't mind answering, of course

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 04:54:21 )
@Lady Luna: One is an erotic horror story, the other is fantasy.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 05:00:47 )

@luvage: erotic horror sounds..... like not a fun time. Lol.
Fantasy is always fun~<3

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/1 17:41:40 )

I've been wanting to write moreso than usual recently, but don't really have any ideas I feel I could flesh out into a short story. Anyone willing to toss me a bone?
Or point me towards a list of prompts, if you happen to prefer any?

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/10 10:30:42 )
I have been writing since I was in highschool, but only picked up writing in English when I got to uni. I love multiple perspective, low fantasy and science fiction. I'm honestly more interested in character development and character study with the story as complementary to that.

I have been working on a project with someone for a few weeks now, so we might get that started soon!! But I was thinking of writing three short horror stories inspired by personal experience but I'm kinda afraid to start.

I don't know if this is an experience other people have but beginning to write something, no matter how much I want to do it, is always the hardest

@Quoth the Raven: As for inspiration, I don't know how helpful it might be but I used to follow this blog: http://daily-prompts.tumblr.com
I hope it's not too late!
tumblr.
literally always ping me

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/10 16:47:54 )

@Kcalb: Thank you for the link, I appreciate it. I honestly got sidetracked by other things, but hopefully I can find something I like on that blog.

I hope you don't mind the questions, but what language did you first write in? What made you pick up writing in English?
I'd love to read any of your works if you ever feel comfortable sharing them. (Those horror stories based on your own experiences definitely pique my interest.)
What's the scale of the project you've been working on, though?
Also, just know that starting is always the hardest part. You just have to push yourself past that and start putting down words. It doesn't matter if what you're writing is good or not, that's what editing is for.
I say this and yet I have trouble starting things, too.

Nevermore

Looking for RP Partners

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/12 18:52:35 )
    Bringing this back! Let's discuss creativity. Also, you don't have to be a writer to post here.!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.