Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Writer's Cafe - OPEN!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 15:18:23 )
@Quoth the Raven: I read a little bit and it's good so far!... I too cringe at my writing haha

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 16:58:06 )

@Quoth the Raven: Oh sure man! I posted in it again. Feel free to stop by and post all the poems.

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 19:19:00 )

@nyreen: Ah, thank you. And, not feeling like I want to die from embarrassment of what I write would probably do wonders in speeding up my writing process, but that's just wishful thinking, heh.

@Saeyra: Thank you for that. The poem you posted was lovely, by the way. I'm particularly tempted to post Dante, but I'll have to hunt down my copy of Inferno first.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 19:27:46 )

@Quoth the Raven: Ah thanks! I know my dad is not on Voltra but the poem expressed all the things I wanna say to him. He is the best of men just like the poem says. :vanora_smile:

I like your poem too! Thanks for sharing! It's so descriptive and colorful I can really imagine a painting filled with mythical creatures. It is truly inspiring!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/5 02:15:21 )
*flops into the thread*

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/5 22:11:37 )
@Quoth the Raven: Siren stories are always interesting! & I agree, it's been a while since I completed a fiction piece too, but we keep on trying xD

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/5 22:14:03 )
@Dipper: I can completely related to what you said about not wanting to reveal certain stories. They feel too private. There are some stories we keep for ourselves. We are, after all, our first and most important audience :D

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 02:15:33 )

@sunny: I'm currently doing research and didn't realize how entangled siren and mermaid mythology was. I'm still pretty adamant about my character being a siren, but it looks like I might have to change him some to ensure he is indeed a proper one.

@Saeyra: Out of curiosity, is poetry your preferred literature? I'm not as avid a reader as I used to be, but even when I was constantly reading I never really sought out poetry (aside from Poe).

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 02:24:50 )
@Quoth the Raven: a male siren? That's interesting, I've never read about male sirens before (I don't think). I agree with you about the mythology being entwined, it can be difficult when we have a particular thing we want to portray whilst also worrying if the audience will get it.

Incidentally, I just wrote a poem on sirens for a challenge about mythical creatures. It's not very good, because poetry is my worst medium, but I'm trying to improve. https://allpoetry.com/poem/14077004-Song-by-Kipling

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 02:40:13 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

Can I just say that I absolutely adore the concept of this thread~<3
I'll help keep it alive!

(Oh, and yes, I'm a writer-type. I art and write~<3 Don't compose or act though... for whatever that's worth? XD
If anyone wants to read something, do let me know. I'm sure I can dig something outta the archives. LOL)

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 02:42:17 )
@Lady Luna: Thank you for helping keep this thread alive! :) nice to see you here!

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 02:43:53 )

@sunny: Thanks for startin' it~<3

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 02:50:18 )
@Lady Luna: Well nyreen and I were talking when we realised there was no specific hangout for writers and lovers of writing so here it is :P

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 02:52:01 )

@sunny: That... makes all the sense in the world, to be honest.
So yes. Yay that it's here.
I got somewhere to bore people with my ... unedited writing. Lol
(Not to say it's horrible. Just... if I editted it, it'd be a LOT better. LOL)

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 02:57:04 )
Hey all! :)
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 02:58:25 )
This is definitely the place for any and all writing!!

Hey
@nyreen: :)

I'm actually going to sleep right now lol good night!

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 02:58:49 )

@nyreen: Hey there bby

@sunny: Nite! Sleep well~<3

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 03:01:39 )

@sunny: I thoroughly enjoyed your poem. What exactly is the challenge you wrote it for?
As for male sirens: "Originally, Sirens were shown to be male or female, but the male Siren disappeared from art around fifth century BC."

Nevermore

Looking for RP Partners

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 08:30:33 )

@Quoth the Raven: Haha hard to say, I like reading normal books too. Its hard to describe why I like certain books/poems since I never studied writing in depth. One of my favorite books is The Black Cat by Poe as well, he is a good storyteller as well as poet! There is a rhythm and balance present in both poems and stories. You can really tell a master when you see it.

Always ping me please.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 09:42:18 )
@Quoth the Raven: that is interesting! I'm gonna have to do some more research there! The challenge was just simply to write a poem about a mythical creature which you could choose from a list provided by the challenge-runner. I was suuuuper close to choosing either phoenix or gorgons :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.