Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment The Dragon Prince

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/17 04:22:51 )
Oh my goodness! I'm absolutely in love with this show... After the first episode I became completely hooked and I'm currently on the sixth and will likely finish it tomorrow with my partner. With a creative team coming off Avatar: The Last Airbender, Star Wars, Uncharted, and Justice League.. I knew it was going to be good but wow! I promised to not watch any more of it without him since he's totally hooked too! The first season is currently up on Netflix.

Summary from Wiki:
"The series is set in a fantasy world named Xaidia where humans and elves are in conflict. Long ago, the humans used dark magic, and were driven off by the dragons and elves to one end of the continent. Now, after humans killed the dragon king and his egg, war is imminent."

Anyone else watching it?

This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/17 06:11:14 )
no, but i will after this! i absolutely loooooooooooove ATLA, so my expectations are kinda high from this team.

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/17 09:56:06 )
So... I'm watching this with my dog. He watches TV intelligently, he cries every time he thinks Bait is in trouble... he waggles excitedly when he sees elf-girls or anyone on horseback. He'll look between characters intensely as they have conversations... So THAT itself has been a delight. The show is pretty amazing without all of that stuff, too. I got my husband watching it the other night and he says "Wait, is this for kids?" He thought for sure there was going to be bloody gruesome deaths in the fight-scenes because thats how well they were done.
Yeah... my dog and I are big fans

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/17 10:53:01 )

I am a huge fan! I love this show so much! It definitely gave me the same feelings as Avatar the Last Airbender and I am recommending it to everyone I know! My only regret is that it is too short! 9 episodes of 20 or so mins each is kinda little I have always adored scottish accents and its really cute that it shows up. My favorite character by far is Captain Amaya! Omg she is so expressive and cool!

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/17 10:57:00 )
@Saeyra: I completely agree. Captain Amaya is the role model I wish young me had.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/17 11:20:17 )

@Glume: She is amazing!

At first I was kinda put off by the slightly weird animations but the characters grew on me! They are written very well and have alot of heart!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/17 16:51:34 )
@Elithiya: do it do it do it

@okios: it's so GOOD, not even done it and I want to know when more will be released lol

@Glume: that is SO sweet! i thought it was rly mature for a kids show too, but in a good way. it deals with a lot of stuff!

@Saeyra: I LOVE Amaya!! when she started signing I was like WOAH!!! that is SO cool! ^^

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/17 19:26:50 )

@Elithiya: No Lily! Watch it NOW!!

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/17 20:37:39 )

@Elithiya: NOO! THE DRAGON PRINCE IS BETTER THAN VAMPIRES AND TEENS AND TEEN VAMPIRES!

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/17 21:18:53 )

@Elithiya: Haha I haven't watched the originals, can you tell? XD
The Dragon prince is actually about teens funnily enough XD

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/17 23:42:22 )

@Elithiya: How many episodes of the vampires do you have until its done? *excitedly bounces around*

Always ping me please.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/19 22:56:44 )
This looks good. I am almost done with Jessica Jones and then I was gonna watch this show with my son I think.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 04:32:16 )
I just finished it! I want more!!
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/24 03:46:07 )
I saw the first episode and I really loved it! I haven't had time to watch any more. Gosh, it's just adorable. The characters are so cute! I don't really care about the dragon stuff but I love any human/elf conflict. I love the fantasy genre and it's not often enough the topic reaches beyond books to film and animation, which is ridiculous because our technology today is amazing! I definitely want to watch more.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.