Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature What are you writing?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 02:31:38 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

Welcome Writers!

I've been sitting here, thinking about my current writing goals, when suddenly I thought, why not make a forum where we can share what we are currently working on! I know some people enjoy declaring their projects and being held accountable. Others like to share in search of support or helpful ideas. So! For those of you who feel comfortable sharing:

*Because there are many different types of writing: Novels, short stories, poems etc. I will be referring to current WIP's (works in progress) as "Writing Projects."

What are you currently working on?
How far along are you?
What inspired you to start this project?
What has been your biggest obstacle with this writing project so far?

Feel free to share as little or as much as you like. Don't forget, you can always ask for advice or ideas if you're feeling stuck. c:
I encourage you to come back as often as you like to give us updates on your writing projects.

Voltie — alien Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 21:27:17 )

How far along are you?

I'm working on a ghost story I got the idea for randomly a week or so ago.

I'm not too far in. I'm not intending it to be super long, just a short story, so I'll probably write a couple pages and finish it off.

I was sad. Thinking about sad things, which got me onto Fatal Frame, which made me think of ghosts and butterflies.

Keeping motivated. I get sidetracked and distracted so easily. I can never finish anything- it's amazing I finish my drawings. ;0;

Please @ me to get my attention. C:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 22:14:11 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 23:32:26 )
I find this sort of thing really useful.

A faux-fantasy type thing which deconstructs the mad woman in the attic trope.

How far along are you?
Not very :P

Mental illness being a really bad trope in lots of novels.

My own terrible fear of getting it wrong :o

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 12:03:21 )

-It's tentatively titled Elementals: Spirits Ascending

-It's a sci-fi fantasy novel, I think would belong in the NA category.

-The summary basically boils down to this: A soul reaper needs to learn the truth of her gift before an Angel from Raziel takes it from her to enter the Divine realm.

How far along are you?

-Not very far. I actually have to go back and revise the beginning to match a change in a plot device.

-This project came about when I was in 10th grade it was some lame idea that as I grew older involved into something I really wanted to see happen in book form.

-Self-doubt and my need to make it perfect on the first try.

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 06:36:28 )
I'm currently writing an autobiography about my time on a Kpop forum I'm on. It's for a writing contest on there, and there are a few different prompts, but the autobiography one was the most interesting to me. I've only written two paragraphs so far. I think the hardest part will be cramming all of my experiences on the site that I want to talk about into the word count limit.
★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 09:10:31 )
What are you currently working on? A short novel
How far along are you? i am maybe halfway through chapter one
What inspired you to start this project? My love of the Styles of Lemony Snickett, R.L Stine, and the Addams Family
What has been your biggest obstacle with this writing project so far? Finding time and inspiration

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 07:07:20 )
My most recent story is a horror story about a guy who does awful medical experiments on people and his employee secretly helping the victims escape.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 16:47:09 )
a story about two bounty hunters woop.. also like seven other unfinished stories lol
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 17:22:11 )
My wife and I just had a neat idea we're beginning to plot out! We haven't really written anything since Camp NaNoWriMo in April, because work has gotten so hectic and stressful. It's actually something we came up with a couple years ago and forgot about. We never made a single note about it, but somehow she randomly remembered it the other day and now we're really excited to start noveling together again!

How far along are you?
5 pages of notes/discussion/plotting so far.

Our favorite OCs, and the anime, Elemental Gelade. It's got some really interesting elements that we think will translate into a fantasy setting in an exciting way.

Trying to figure out whether or not we made any prior notes... We have a random document with the story title from February 2016 but it's entirely blank. So I don't know if we lost the notes or seriously didn't write anything down...

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 09:02:03 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

A multi-part novel series (that I hope to be a novel series, rather) that falls into the category of Epic Fantasy. Y'know, the whole diff world and all.
How far along are you?
I have the basic outline figured out =)
Beats me. This is something that has been in the works for something like 13 years. I don't remember why I started it.
Figuring out what the hell I'm doing! I keep changing my mind and rewriting it. DX

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.