Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Kendare Blake

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 01:56:00 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

Someone please tell me you read Kendare Blake... I need someone to fangirl with!

"Two Dark Reigns" just came out this week. I wish I had more time to read but work has been killer lately. So far this book is not disappointing me, though. I love the series so much.

I read "Anna Dressed in Blood" but still need to read the sequel. Then I'm going to read her "Goddess" series, but right now it's all about "Three Dark Crowns" for me!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 02:06:28 )
I'M HERE FOR YOU BOO!
I
AM
HERE.

I could not put "Three Dark Crowns" down! I DEVOURED IT- that and "One Dark Throne!"

Sadly, I probably won't read "Two Dark Reigns" until it my local library puts it on overdrive.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 02:09:32 )
Yeah! So glad to meet you. Woohoo!

I read TDC twice, One Dark Throne once, and now I'm starting Two Reigns. I wanted to reread the other two before starting it, to refresh my memory, but I just haven't had time lately.

Who's your favorite queen? Mine was Mirabella until all that stuff with Joseph, then during the second book it switched to Arsinoe. But I keep suspecting that Jules is going to end up queen and bring the whole system down. lol She's probably my favorite character of all of them.

If you are able to buy it some time, Books-A-Million has autographed copies on their site.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 02:36:11 )
My favorite was/is Katharine, but that's because I always have a soft spot for the underdogs, but she's gotten a little scary and a less of an underdog now...
It's been awhile since I've read them, so I'll definitely have to reread before I read the newest one. I'm looking at the recaps right now though. XD I DO remember that Joseph made me so mad though!

If you were one of the triplets born, which would you want to be? Elemental, Naturalist, or Poisoner?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 03:34:37 )
Yeah, I felt really bad for Katherine at first and was hoping things would turn around... But I did not expect what happened and now I'm not sure I like her anymore...

Joseph made me really mad, too, but I also felt bad for what happened to him at the end of One Dark Throne. T_T

Hm... Well, I don't think being a poisoner would be very useful or fun. Elemental powers seem really neat, but I'd probably prefer to be a naturalist. It seems like the most practical gift and I do love animals! How about you?

I'm pretty sure Kendare Blake said there will be a movie. I hope it does well like Twilight and The Hunger Games, and doesn't turn out terrible like The Mortal Instruments. I'd be okay if it were an R rated movie, even. lol I just want to see something serious and realistic.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/8 14:10:00 )
Short reply- I’m on my phone this time

I would LOVE for it to be a movie or miniseries or something!

I disagree on the poisoners usefulness because I feel like being a poisoner would be the easiest way to get rid of anyone. I do agree that it would not be much fun at all!

I do like animals, but I think elemental would be my route. No real reasoning- I just like the idea of it. XD
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 05:18:16 )
Oh, yeah! Of course, if your plan was to murder people, being a poisoner is the way to go. XD I meant for just regular life, that wouldn't be useful to me at all. If i wanted to be a serial killer it would be awesome, though. Bwaha!

I think elemental would be the most impressive. Who wouldn't want to fling fire around and call up storms? =D That would be awesome.

Fox has acquired the film rights to all 4 books planned for the Crowns series. Hopefully the first one will do well so we'll get to see them all come to fruition. It could be really epic if they handle it the right way.

I'm enjoying the third book so far but I expected it to pick up where the second left off, and instead it jumps ahead in time a bit. I feel a little like I missed something, but I'm getting into it. I do wish I'd reread the first two before starting, though, cause there's this one recurring character and I keep wondering, who are you??? lol!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 17:02:39 )
I finished Two Dark Reigns last week and...omgosh, I don't even know what's going to happen next. Everything I expected to happen in the future may have completely fallen apart. I don't know how I'm going to stand the wait for the last book!!! Or how I can stand to read it, knowing it's the end...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.