Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Halloween decorations

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 17:02:36 )
I'm looking at some stuff to deck out my workplace this upcoming Halloween and planning to likely spend a lot. >> I could use our budget but I know it's an expense we can't afford.. and besides I'll keep the receipt and they'll be my decorations that I can use whenever. *trying to justify this*

ANYWAYS! I found so much cool stuff. I'm going to make a graveyard scene in one of the rooms and in the other it'll be a bit more light hearted spooky stuff. i'm excited. ^^

Are ya'll planning anything big for Halloween? Where do you go for decorations and treats?

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 17:12:55 )
oh shoot you just reminded me that i need to figure out a costume so i can bring it to school when i go back

hmm, i'm not really into decorating , though i do like getting trick or treat treats xD. i get most of my treats not from trick or treating though but from helping out at a festival that kids can come play booth games and get candy since they usually have a lot of leftover treats and i usually sign up for the last shift for that reason xp. but if i wanted to i can get some pretty sweet treats, since my apartment is nearby a rich neighborhood c:

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 17:25:53 )

In our coutry we don't really celebrate halloween. The only thing I have done was painting my nails with something halloween related.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 17:45:06 )

Exciting! Don't forget to check out if they had any decorations from the last years you could use.
for Halloween I dress up for work, the kids love it. I'm being a skeleton this year.

Just chillin'

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 10:26:38 )
We\'ll carry on

The youth club I was a volunteer for, has a huge halloween party every year with a haunted house. All the decorations were made by us. We would all collect boxes, so we could buid the “walls” and no one threw out old curtains. We would dye those black, for an extra spooky effect.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 14:17:35 )
For cheap but good holiday decorations, Big Lots and the Dollar Tree actually have really nice stuff. So you can buy a lot on a budget.

Crepe paper streamers look very festive and cost very little, and you can reuse them.

I would recommend steering clear of "bloody handprint" things. I had a gel-like bloody handprint that I stuck on a white closet door at an apartment once for Halloween, and it stained it. >_> That came out of my deposit. And who knows what the landlord thought it was. LOL!!!

I normally go all out but for the past couple of years I have done nothing. I even leave my porch light off so kids won't come looking for candy. I just haven't been feeling it. Work's just gotten hectic and I can hardly take care of the day-to-day, let alone celebrate holidays, though Halloween was always my favorite. Until recently I was the kind of person who would throw a party, pass out candy, watch scary movies, hang decorations on the wall, put streamers up everywhere, and generally turn my house into a whole new place for a couple of weeks. The older I get, the more it just feels like a chore. I feel a wonderful sense of nostalgia when I see Halloween decorations in stores. Maybe this year I'll feel up to a little something.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 04:05:55 )
Hey all, thanks for the suggestions!!! I want to type out a proper response to each and every one of you but I just don't have the spoons at the moment. Been super busy and I'm exhausted.
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 04:34:19 )
"ahoy,

don't worry about it
go rest and do things that gain spoons for you c:

matey!"

by anarchist beauty
quest // closet

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 09:39:23 )
omg Halloween already???

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 10:17:57 )
I'm always halloween ready. From my house to my wardrobe :D
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.