Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Your favorite concert

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 03:42:20 )
What's the best concert you've ever been to?

My favorite might be Paula Abdul. I got to see her last year and that was a childhood dream come true! She was a huge pop star in the late 80s/early 90s when I was a kid and I was obsessed with her. I wish I could go back in time and tell mini-me that I'd get to see my idol in the flesh! She put on a really good show, with lots of stage effects, backup dancers, and light shows. I was so impressed! It was over too soon.

I also saw Cher a couple years ago, and she was totally amazing. Such an incredible show. It was like being at the circus, with a whole new stage set for every song. Cyndi Lauper was her warm-up act and even though she didn't have any stage props or backups or anything showy, she's still an icon and I was so glad to see her in person.

Also got to see Bon Jovi, Halestorm, and Linkin Park in the past few years. They're some of my favorite bands and I'm grateful I got to see Linkin Park especially.

This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 06:42:02 )
I've gotten to see so many of my favorite metal acts, its really hard to pick a favorite. Iron Maiden and Slayer are obvious choices... but I feel like for all around showmanship, The Darkness really took the cake. Nothing like glam rock to put on a great show. Primus is always amazing too... but when you're basking in the presence of actual deities, its hard not to stand in awe.
Kinda jealous you got to see cher and cyndi lauper. If I had to pick a woman or two whose music I can actually groove to, they'd totally make the list.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/7 03:36:56 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

Oh geez
Haaard to choose!

I've seen Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Metallica in the same show (Summer Sanitarium Tour '03 I think)
Black Veil Brides
Great Big Sea
Five Finger Death Punch, Sixx AM, Papa Roach
Nightwish, Delain
Avenged Sevefold (YEARS ago. Wow)

I'm really not sure which was my fave. Lol.
Probably....
Honestly?
Probably 5FDP/Papa Roach OR BVB.

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/7 07:49:49 )
I have been to many concerts but I think my favorite was seeing The Used live! I had such a rush when they played. Got blood on me but it was worth it to see Bert.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/7 13:59:58 )

Oh gee, it's a bit hard to choose. I haven't been to many concerts myself, but from the ones I have attended, my favorites (in no particular order) have to be Machinae Supremacy, Flogging Molly, and Combichrist.

Trailing closely behind those would be Fall Out Boy, Blood Stain Child, and Hatsune Miku.

I would love to see Five Finger Death Punch (I'm so jealous, Lady Luna :vanora_cry: ).

pls don't

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/7 14:38:14 )

Well I have seen many favorite rock/metal bands live. 5FDP (2X), moonspell (3x), alestorm (3x), avatar (3x), soilwork (3x), parkway drive (3x), shinedown (2x), hollywood undead (1x), gotthard (2x). My all time favorite band is Soilwork. But the best concerts where shinedown and parkway drive. The singer of shinedown is such a showman. And parkway drive, man I saw them this year again and I was blown away. What a show. Will see them again next year.

Donator — Yes Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/7 17:32:47 )
Oh man, trying to pick a favorite concert would be tough. I could definitely tell you the worst concerts I've been to, but there were so many good ones. :,>
I saw Escape the Fate and Falling in Reverse together (after the two bands out aside their dislike for each other) and it was MAGICAL, so I would probably have to say that one. Alesana was a close second, though.
26 // Michigan // Goat enthusiast
If you don't ping me I'll miss you!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 04:02:02 )
I've gone to a lot... but I'll narrow it down to my favorite three.

I saw Shakey Graves in this really small bar in Quebec City with my partner and it was a rly magical experience.

The first time I saw Black Dahlia Murder at this kinda dirty, weird bar in Montreal.

And when I saw Enter Shikari during their 10th anniversary tour for Take To The Skies!
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 04:19:27 )
"ahoy,

ohhh this is a hard
but my absolute favorite would have to be the lauv concert i went to earlier this year in hollywood. i went for a double date with one of my besties. the venue was pretty small so we got to stand quite close to the stage. lauv also stepped off the stage and performed in the crowd like right in front of us. it was awesome xD he also threw a pick at us, unfortunately we failed to catch it and it got lost in the crowd. the tickets were also under twenty bucks because this was right before he got big. but overall one of my best nights ever. even the opener (ashe) was really good. every time i hear one of his songs on the radio i get excited because of i get reminded of the fact that i went to his concert

matey!"

by anarchist beauty
quest // closet

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/27 18:51:53 )
I'd have to narrow it down to 2 concerts, kinda more. The first being any of the shows I've gone to of Dresden Dolls. I saw them twice in high school before they split up. I saw them again at a reunion show a few years ago.

The 2nd was actually an opening act. We saw Portugal the Man before they blew up and Electric Guest opened for them. I already knew and loved the band, but the stage energy the lead singer gave off was so much fun. He was literally dancing the whole time on stage.
Feel free to ping me. I'm forgetful.
Temp Free Avatar Art
Trading and Selling Items

Donator — Easterbun Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/28 09:21:00 )

i actually have to watch a concert for music appreciation this semester

but

not what you think....

its a classical concert and im not looking forward to it ;w;

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 03:41:20 )
OMG. I just got Backstreet Boys tickets and the concert's like a year away. LOL!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.