Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 03:52:25 )
Anyone else collect dolls?

Fashion dolls are my favorite, but I also collect Asian ball-joint dolls. Most recently I've been into Integrity's fashion dolls but they cancelled the Jem line, which was my favorite.

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 03:57:00 )
I love the look of them, but they're way out of my price range!

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 05:15:52 )
@zuzu: Calling Zuzu for Doll talk.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 08:19:55 )

Dolls you say? I too collect dolls, though right now I only have my boy Makura.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 14:05:12 )

I would like a pullip doll but those are really expensive.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/7 07:47:40 )
I have a friend who collects them and I find them fascinating! I wish I had one or two!

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/7 23:55:17 )

@rallaa: thanks for calling me here XD

I collect all sorts of dolls :vanora_xd:
ball jointed dolls and monster high mainly but also any other doll i can get my hands on that i like or happens to be pose-able.

i have 280 monster high dolls. o3o

my ball jointed doll collection is alot smaller lol
at 13 dolls plus 8 floating heads in need of bodies. XD

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/8 19:56:43 )

The monster high dolls are beautiful. And I love watching people re-paint their faces, so pretty u.u

Just chillin'

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/8 21:31:40 )
Dolls you say? I have both BJDs and porcelain dolls.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 05:22:40 )
I wish I knew a skilled carpenter, then I'd get them to build me an amazing dollhouse... Right now I have two "rooms" built on a bookshelf, a kitchen and a bedroom, just cause I needed a place to put my childhood doll furniture. I had to just leave stuff boxed up and not displayed. It seems like such a waste.

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 03:54:13 )

a dollhouse would be cool to have.
i have a dollhouse cabinet but i haven't put it together yet.
(Avatar Closet)

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 15:30:29 )

So nice to see so many doll enthusiasts.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 16:08:11 )
@AutumnPumpkins: Yay! Hello. :)

I think we all need to share some pictures of our favorites. I need to find a new place that hosts photos cause I don't know if Photo Bucket is still charging outrageously or if they came to their senses, but that was the place I used to use. I'm scared to even go to Den of Angels (BDJ forums) and look at my old threads now...

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/15 20:53:56 )

@Eldweena: They still charge money but they lowered their prices a lot. It was $400 a year. Now it already starts at $50 a year.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 01:11:47 )
I use flickr or IG, there is also tumblr

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 06:28:10 )
I sort of collect dolls? I really adore Monster High dolls and I've been kind of obsessed with Monster High since I was a kid, so I have a few Monster High dolls. Last year I was at an antique store and I saw some beautiful antique porcelain dolls with sparkling glass eyes and carefully painted little details. I wanted one so badly but they were big and fragile and expensive. The thing about doll collecting is that I don't really have the storage for it. Plus I'm moving and if I had more than a handful of dolls, moving them to a new location would probably be a pain in the neck. So I only get the dolls I'm positive that I really want. Sometimes it's really hard not to buy a doll when I see it. Like there are these huge Monster High dolls that are tall enough to reach my hip and I really wish I could get one, but it probably wouldn't be wise. The other problem I have with collecting is that I just don't do anything with them. I used to play with dolls as a kid but now they only sit on my shelves and collect dust. I sometimes pose them and take pictures but I don't do much else. That's why I'm sort of a collector but not really.

Donator — sheep Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/6 17:40:25 )
I've wanted a bjd for a while now, but I can't afford it. Why are they so expensive? ;-;

@ me to get my attention or I probably won't respond

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.