Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts CLOSED

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/3 21:45:07 )

@anarchist beauty: That's how I am a lot of the time xD
I'm making a different prepared one, but I doubt I'm going to change right now. Especially since I just made this one.
It's growing on me.

I think the one you have on now goes pretty well with this Hogwarts thread.
Maybe I'll make a Slytherin based one in the future!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/3 22:19:42 )
@Nalightful: lol My current is supposed to be an ace thing, because of the colors.
And the invisibility. xD

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/4 07:01:54 )
@anarchist beauty: Oh yeah I can see that now! I didn't think it actually had anything to do with the thread. The scarf and such just has the vibe.
No matter what, I like it!

The use of no base is cool, too - it something I don't do a lot, but really enjoy trying to make good avi's without one when I think about it!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/4 17:36:39 )
@Nalightful: The scarf does kinda have that Hogwarts vibe. Haha.

Yeah, I've never really liked the bases here but in the past never really thought I could make a good avi without one.
My first baseless avi was that one item from the AoE event set and the black cat.
Then I was looking through the DI sets I had and noticed the Inspector one had a purple recolor and inspiration smacked me. lol

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/4 22:11:25 )
@anarchist beauty: So do you try to do more baseless avi's now since you aren't all that into the bases?

And I loved when I came back to see that several of my items had some new recolors.
Makes them a lot more versatile!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/5 03:50:29 )
@Nalightful: I am enjoying the idea of baseless avis.
We'll see what else I can come up with. Haha.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/5 07:59:24 )
@anarchist beauty: Can't wait to see what ya come up with!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/5 17:25:06 )

Good morning students!
    Your Head Girl here to announce that the Posting Game to get your Hogwarts House bottles now has an official end date! So get your bottles while you can because they'll be Disapparating on August 15th!

Also a gentle reminder that the Forbidden Forest is off-limits for everyone that is not Professor Hagrid. If you are caught in, or even too near, the forest you will be punished! Punishment for trespassing in the forest is a deduction of 50pts and detention with Mr. Filch.

As always, have a magical day! *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/6 08:18:14 )

lol gotta remember to number my posts xD
Oooo by the 15th, I should at least be able to get my Slytherin bottle

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/6 18:20:42 )
@Nalightful: I know the feel, I always forget to number my posts when games like this come about. lol
It's why I'm glad I run this game, I don't have to count my own posts. XD

Yes, I was going to make it the whole month of August, but that doesn't really encourage posting.
"Eh, I have all month" WRONG. lol
Besides, getting activity back up is the point, since I've been gone for awhile.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/7 09:55:10 )

I remember when avatar sites got like, crazy active, especially during events. Games like numbering posts would get pretty wild xD

I actually like you trying to get activity back up. It works out for me, since that's kind of what I want to do for myself since I've been away so long. And I'm off for the next few days, so I'll be having some more time!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/7 18:13:47 )
Insane activity during events is one reason I generally avoid the "official" event threads.
I get lost and overwhelmed during those kinds of things, so I just make my own event thread and hide in there.
Occasionally I will venture to friends' event threads but generally I stick to my own where I feel some level of control.

It is nice to have a hangout that is frequented by people, makes me feel loved. lol
Plus I have a ton of fun games and stuff planned for the thread, so getting activity and interest back up would be beneficial to all.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 04:19:53 )

@anarchist beauty: I often do the same thing! It's kinda why I'm a little quite on sites sometimes - cause I end up just making my own thread and staying there and hoping people come to me :vanora_xd: I've been trying to get out a little more since I came back here. But I still mostly just find myself in the quests and Charities forums. I need to make a home thread for myself. But I don't want a hangout. I'm just going to try to collect things until I can open a Charity. Then I'll live there lol.

Can't wait to see all the fun stuff you've got planned :D

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 04:25:21 )
@Nalightful: It's a curse.
But it happens and to make them come to you, you need some good bait.
And I am trying to set up my line with some quality bait.
The bottles are a start because people seem to like the little bottles I make, even though I think they suck. lol

It's gonna be fun!
Posting games and trivia games and quoting games.
PLUS I have plans for a daily topic/question to keep activity churning!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 04:52:35 )
@anarchist beauty: The bottles are so nice!
Did you make them?

.O. Trivia games sound fun! And the daily option is a really good idea, too!
When I get around to making a new thread, I'm going to come to you to help me with generating ideas

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 04:54:31 )
@Nalightful: Thank-you!
And i did make them myself!

Aww man, I'll suck.
I barely came up with my own ideas. lmao

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 06:27:29 )

@anarchist beauty: Well I already believe in your idea making abilities now haha!
And that's awesome! Do you do a lot of different pixel work?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 06:42:38 )
@Nalightful: Not really, I kinda suck at it. lol
I've made a couple bottles but they're mostly simple little things or things kinda copied off of other pixel works.
I'm better with my banners and stuff.
Pixels are evil little things.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 07:25:03 )
@anarchist beauty: I get that, pixeling is pretty tough! I enjoy doing it some, but it's just so time consuming and precise.
Banners and such are fun! I like making them for threads I make. Though I've been pretty lazy and not doing it lately.

foxotanashi
• A Nalightful Quest •

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 17:49:23 )
@Nalightful: I feel the laziness. Haha.
I even kinda closed my banner shop because I just hadn't had the motivation to do anything.
Debating on opening it back up, but I'm not sure yet.
I think I've only made like one banner recently and it was just a little gift for Nyreen's Tea Hut.
I've tried to just mess around with 'samples' but I so don't like just putting 'Sample' on a piece. x.x

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.