Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Why did you choose your username?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/19 13:30:18 )

@Kcalb: I've given that some thought too, but nah I'm happy with my fake show name XD.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/19 14:03:52 )
We'll carry on

@Kcalb: a lot of people do

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/20 03:42:04 )
@Tuijp: Y'know, I always wondered how your username was pronounced. I keep calling you "tulip" in my head, even though I know it's not. :viosweat:
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — Lucifer Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/20 06:05:29 )
@Kcalb: thanks! I'm trans so I was able to pick my own name c:
relocated to Death c:

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/20 08:01:19 )
I pick usernames that either are easy for me to remember or aren't used by a lot of other people

also I normally go by Sleepi now but you can't change your username on this site so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/20 10:28:40 )
We'll carry on

@Schye: actually, you can change your username on here. If you go to settings, you'll see your username on the left. You can change it there.

Donator — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/21 01:39:56 )

I chose my current username because 1) it was available LOL and 2) he is someone I have a lot of respect for and admiration. c:
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 02:00:41 )
I am some variation of Mousy on whatever site I'm on.
OMousy on gaia, Regular ol' mousy on here, windlyn, and solia (idek how to log on to that one anymore tbh).

I chose Mousy because I think that I look like a mouse. *shrugs*
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 06:15:05 )
@Tuijp: Oh dang! Last I checked, I couldn't--- unless I'm mistaking Voltra for another site?? Thank you for letting me know :)
Call me ping me if you wanna reach me

Voltie — RIPd Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 09:08:50 )

My name comes from my weeaboo days, when I read manga alot and bought shonen jump,
which was a magazine with several different manga's in it, chapters released once a month.
on some random pages they'd have japanese words and definitions.
I got "mizu" from that, it means water in japanese. I also took the word "takara", which meant treasure and combined the two.

I went by Mizutakara, and variations everywhere for years, then the name was taken on gaia, and I came up with Mizu-no-kimi.
Friends would just call me Mizu, or Zuzu, lately I go by Zuzu. I joined a different site, sapherna, and went by Zuzu,
and then made a mule named Mizu cause I couldn't use Mizu-no-kimi for their site didn't let the little dash - in the names.

Anyways I joined voltra as Zuzu, then created mule Mizu here, just like the other site where I use Zuzu & Mizu. o3o

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/23 15:12:17 )
I have had this username a very long, long time. Jack Off Jill was a local Florida band back then, and my ex's sister was pals with them. I do believe they wanted her as their drummer for a while, but the style never fit my ex's sister. They have a song 'Lollirot'.

Lollirot: "Your inner nastiness, particularly, the naughty part of your psyche you cover up with a facade of normalcy."

I have rarely strayed from it. Time to time you may find me go by The Rotting Queen instead, but a lot of side titles were given to me by past communities I was part of. :)
ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɪs ɴᴀᴏᴍɪ.
ᴅɪsᴄᴏʀᴅ: Naomi Vond#9575

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/24 14:37:55 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

I have a strong love for bird, from studying and working in avian rescues and training them. Millet is a very desired and loved seed among most birds, so I snagged it.

Back in the day, my username I used for years was "Strings of Destiny" which was a play on my favorite video game as a kid "Threads of Fate"

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/24 20:49:30 )
I used to use Rin or Rinoa (ff8) as my screen name online. But when I registered on Gaia, both were taken. At the time, teh was an iconic way of mispelling "the" and so, tehrin was born. It just kinda stuck. Eons later, I still use it. Though a lot of times I also use Tehrinny. But tehrin doesn't really sound like teh and rin anymore and it just sorta flows together. So I roll with it.
Please take my survey on dress up game art!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 15:49:03 )
@Kcalb: the first female turian in mass effect is named nyreen. also i just rly like the name
call me grem
they/them

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/26 11:30:40 )
I just like the sound of it. I was thinking of usernames that weren't taken (everywhere else lol) and it came up in my head.

Voltie — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/26 20:55:16 )
I didn't put much thought into it but I guess it was partially inspired by other avatar website I came from :D

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/26 23:41:54 )
Its my name. Which is always the hardest username to get, so woo!

Just chillin'

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 08:04:23 )
It's both a nod to my very first major OC (a nickname she had) as well as a reference to Fai D. Flowright from Tsubasa Chronicle.

Art by Robyn.
--x--
I'm @supereffective.fireblast on instagram

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.