Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk losing large amounts of weight

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 23:20:07 )

@Neko: :( Why is that? I really like this thread and I like to see people chatting about weight loss and Journeys in a positive way.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/8 21:51:33 )
@Neko: Please don't be ashamed of this thread. I legit just found it and reading it has given me the confidence to actually try. I feel like having a thread where talking about the positives of exercise and seeing that I'm not the only one who sucks at it has kind of helped my brain to stop comparing myself and my abilities to that of my more fit friends who practically live at a gym. I've never been able to really eat right, my issue isn't being picky but instead not having enough money to buy healthier choices, and I abhore exercise with the passion of a thousand flames, but seeing a thread where someone, who sounds so much like I do when on the topic, states that they are actually going to try has given me the confidence to try. And I thank you for that.
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/9 06:25:31 )
a colorful unicorn
@Neko: please don't ever be ashamed of this thread, I am glad that you made
it, and because you did. I ended up losing some weight. but I think that was
because I was sick for so long.

without a horn!
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/10 20:40:45 )
neko says;
I'm actually going to go to the gym tomorrow. I've never been to one. My anxiety is off the charts, lol!
But at least my sister is going with me.

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/11 07:41:32 )
@Neko: Have a good time at the gym (well, as good as you can working out.)

I got a huge burst of energy Friday and walked for an hour. I didn't think I could do it with my health issues. I am pretty proud of myself. I walked for a half hour today as well. I am going to try to make this a thing.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/4 23:24:07 )
I just started (seriously)working out myself! I've lived a very sedentary life..
I just started seriously going to the gym last week! :D I kind of just go for the lessons.. I don't like doing cardio or body weight exercises since I can just do those at home. I want to take advantage of what the gym has to offer that I can't get from working out at home.

Luckily the gym membership came with 1 free personal trainer session which was VERY helpful!
I've been trying to do a squat challenge last month and I've come to find out I've been doing it all wrong.. My form wasn't what it should have been. I hope doing all those bad squats didn't ruin anything lool. I learned other exercises too!

The personal trainer recommended getting more one on one sessions for a few months because I'm a total beginner. I'm not going to but I may someday in the future if I have the schedule and don't mind spending money. XD

KEEP AT IT! You won't regret it! You're still young. (: Starting out it may be slow, but in the long run you'll be feeling and looking better.
Waiting for more pretty long hairs~ ' u '

Questing :: Alice

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/7 03:49:31 )
I walked for a little over 2.2 miles today. I got angry at life. I have been going to therapy for my Intermittent Explosive Disorder. I have been doing fairly alright. The impulse to punch first, ask after is hard to deal with. Part of my behavioral problems as a kid, and admittedly, even now is my ADHD. But my therapist suggested that I try exercise when I get angry, once I am able to control my split second urge to hulk smash. So, I did. I walked over 2.2 miles today. I felt better when I came home.
I am going to try to use this to my advantage to help out with the weight loss.
I lost...-backtracks- 49 pounds last time I checked in this thread. Since then I have lost 7 more, totaling 56. Whooot.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 23:49:45 )

[x]

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 17:56:26 )

@Shamrock shamus: Wow congrats on loosing the weight and learning how to deal with your anger.
@ME: That's cool that your got a personal trainer for free! Most gyms don't do that.
@Neko: How was the gym? I went on Sunday.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 17:57:23 )

@Apollo im burning: Congrats so far on losing the weight! 1LB a week is a healthy rate too.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 18:29:02 )
You're very brave for opening yourself up to everyone like this. I commend your proactivity! It's awesome that you're taking steps to better your physical health. No workout is too small, it's all progress! Congratulations, and good luck on your journey! You've got the right mindset to kick your goals in the butt! c:
P.S. diet is a large part of weight loss, but that doesn't mean you have to kick delicious foods to the curb. Try to eat lots of fruits, veggies and protein with little carbs.

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 00:59:24 )
neko says;
@Totalanimefan: We ended up never going...

sell me rigs please♥

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 01:20:29 )

@Neko: Haha that happens with me sometimes.

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 03:21:50 )
@Totalanimefan: Thank you. : ) The weight loss gets easier when you figure out how to do it. It's different for everyone and for me, I try to eat more nutritional foods but I also don't cut myself off from foods like sweets completely. The key to this is just learning how to enjoy without over doing it. Your body still needs fats and sugars after all but moderation is crucial. Even too much of a single healthy food is not good. I heard that the only food that you could live solely off of is avocado. But avocado is stupid. Lol.
I have learned ways to keep snack portions under control. I think I have said it already but put some handfuls of chips in a baggie, put the bag of chips away and bring the baggie back to your seat. It eliminates mindlessly eating an entire bag.
I am lactose in intolerant, but I still try to get enough dairy, as long as I have enough lactaid.
I also eat several smaller meals a day instead of three big meals. I will have 5 or 6 small meals. It makes me feel feel like I am eating more but I'm eating the same as three big meals, just more often. It satisfies my craving to constantly stuff my face hole.

The anger issues are working out okay. I was a bit of an ass today but I just had surgery on Friday and I am bored, uncomfortable and homesick so I am admittedly irritable. Though it's not an excuse and I need to cut my shit.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 14:26:55 )
@Neko: I hope your visit to the gym went well!
call me grem
they/them

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 19:03:45 )

@Shamrock Shamus: I'm not overweight, but I do pretty much the same thing as you. I try to be good about what I eat, but I do allow myself treats in moderation. I think that's a healthy way to go about it, and I do some light exercise. I do go to the gym sometimes, like last week I was there twice, but I much prefer to go for a walk outside. Yesterday I walked a mile in the park. ^-^
I hope that you feel better soon!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — hot bread Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/17 17:51:14 )
I'm actually so happy to see a topic like this posted here. I'm struggling with losing weight currently. I would like to lose around 100 pounds but it won't seem to budge. I have a doctor's appointment in July so they can hopefully help me figure out what's wrong. But I love the opportunity to talk to other people who are trying to lose as well without judgement!

How are you doing on your journey as of now?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/17 20:47:57 )

[x]

Donator — hot bread Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/17 22:59:29 )
@Apollo Im Burning: sounds like you have a great way of looking at it and you're doing wonderful! Keep up your hard work.

Sig art by me
Pixel base :www.deviantart.com/keimichi

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/18 15:34:17 )

[x]

pls don't

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.