Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Events Tree's and Leaves

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/24 15:09:06 )
@Lithium: Fall foliage is beautiful this time of the year. I learned about a lot of trees when I was little for the ones I didn't know I asked people who did know or used a book to help tell me. Bark on a young Ash tree is just weird.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/24 19:59:36 )
@FUZZY: Aww, thank you ♥
I ended up getting to help replace the thingy that wasn't working in the physics lab. I wasn't around to post last night 'cause traffic was awful so I stayed at work late rather than trying to fight my way home xD

I s'pose I have a few other fun things that I do. I love playing Left4Dead2, Deep Rock Galactic, Back4Blood, Stardew Valley, Raft, and Minecraft with friends. We've been starting to play online minigolf again lately too, which is kinda fun.
I also really love Pokemon, and I've been having fun with Pokemon Violet and the new DLC (I need to pick it up again though).

Other than computer stuff (I work in IT, so there's a lot of that xD), I like to craft too. My main thing is making chainmaille jewellery, but I haven't touch that in a while. I'm also trying to learn to knit because there are so many pretty yarns ♥

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/24 20:08:49 )
@Alchemists Fire: I haven't heard the word chainmaille jewellery in years, I've seen some interesting stuff made with chainmaille. Sounds like a lot of games I've heard of a few of them before, I used to watch someone play minecraft by streaming it but I'm not friends with that person no more. Sorry to hear that you had to stay late at work. Traffic that's not good

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/24 21:26:52 )
@FUZZY: I mostly do earrings and bracelets, and helped a friend make a keychain with some LEGO pieces last week which was really fun. I'd like to get back into experimenting with incorporating beads more.
I also started trying to learn macramé at one point and wanted to try and make bracelets with some of those techniques and was thinking it might be neat to combine the two

It amazes me what some people do though, I've seen sculptures and clothing beyond just 'maille armour that just blows my mind. I think there's also a few people that have knitted armwarmers with the scales typically used for scalemaille.

Do you do any arts or crafty things?

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/24 21:35:48 )
@Alchemists Fire: I do many crafty things (a long list of crafts,) I've been doing wire wrapping, and making jewelry. but not as of lately,

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/24 21:50:10 )
@FUZZY: Ohh, wire wrapping is so pretty! I've seen so many pieces I absolutely love, and kinda wish I could wrap (haha) my head around how to do it. I think it'd be neat to combine a wire-wrapped pendant with a chainmaille necklace

Do you have any photos of your work? I'd love to see ♥

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/24 22:22:23 )
@Alchemists Fire: i used too, but not anymore. Try watching videos about wire wrapping, best thing I can say is this some metals that you wrap with go soft and bend very easy like sterling silver. Some metals are thick and hard to work withs. You need two different gauges sometimes, I've found a few on yt that do wonders with wire wrapping.

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 01:54:05 )
@FUZZY: Great avi :3

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 02:32:52 )
@FUZZY: I use different metals and gauges in chainmaille, so I totally understand that some are harder to manipulate than others. Aluminum is far easier to work with than steel, but then again steel probably doesn't get used much for wire wrapping, it looks like copper is the more common one.
I would've loved to have seen some of your work =) What kind of jewellery do you make?

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 04:46:12 )
@Ruby: Thank you, I love witches, and other spooky and non spooky things.

@Alchemists Fire: I make earrings, necklaces, bracelets, anklets. I haven't seen anyone wirewrap with steel, or Aluminum. Most either wirewrap with cooper, or sterling silver.

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 05:57:30 )
Rainbow Eucalyptus

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 07:32:30 )
@FUZZY: Oh nice, that sounds awesome! I do most of those as well, although I don't do nearly as many necklaces as I do earrings and bracelets. D'you have any photos of your jewellery?

I wasn't meaning to imply that people wirewrap with steel or aluminum, that's just what I have experience with from chainmailling. I think sterling silver would be too soft for chainmaille, but copper would work.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 07:56:02 )
@Vampiretaco: I've only ever saw photos of Rainbow Eucalyptus, but Eucalyptus smells great.

@Alchemists Fire: sterling silver is really soft, and I understand, I did, but not at the moment. I'll have to take photos, once I find them again, most are put away at the moment.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 18:01:26 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence | Cheerful Companions | Garland Darlin’ | Gi-GNOME-ous | Big Ol’ Jolly

Trading 1x Festive Dear for A Gi-GNOME-ous and Big Ol'Jolly, and if i can get a Garland Darlin' I'd be psyched.

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ I tend to like pin tree's because unless their dieing, they tend to be green year round. though I do like wheeping willows 'nods' <:3( )~~

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 18:36:29 )
@star2000shadow: very nice trees I must say...

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 19:15:58 )
@FUZZY: Totally understand, a lot of my chainmaille stuff is put away at the moment. I have an Instagram for my jewellery but I'm really bad about keeping it up to date. I haven't made anything in quite a while >_<

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 22:55:34 )
@Alchemists Fire: I haven't posted to my Instagram is in awhile now.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/27 00:30:58 )
@FUZZY: I'm really, really bad about remembering to update mine, and I think I have like 5 IG profiles, ahaha. Pretty sure I have one I've only ever made a single post to xD

Do you have any plans for Halloween?
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/27 02:20:59 )
@Alchemists Fire: I aint to sure on if I do or not at the moment, not even so sure on what the weather will be like at this point. Today it rained, but it was hot and gross outside. I only have two but I had one other but wasnt able to sign back i to ever
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/27 04:26:50 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence | Cheerful Companions | Garland Darlin&rsquo; | Gi-GNOME-ous | Big Ol&rsquo; Jolly

Trading 1x Festive Dear for A Gi-GNOME-ous and Big Ol'Jolly, and if i can get a Garland Darlin' I'd be psyched.

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
FUZZY:
@star2000shadow: very nice trees I must say...

Yeah 'nods' hardy to haha. wish iwas as hardy as those trees. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.