Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Events Tree's and Leaves

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 00:55:00 )
Hello, and welcome I love all sorts of trees, and leaves but the best time to looks, Is when the trees change, and the leaves begin to fall.

So what is you're favorite tree, and why?

What is you're favorite leaf?

But most of all have you gathered any leaves, to make a craft with or raked, and jumped into a pile of leaves?

This is just a little hangout to post in.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 01:32:38 )
I love maple leaves at this time of year, cause they become a gradient of colours ♥
No crafting or raking yet, but I might try and come up with something

Also, I keep forgetting to say how much I love your avi with the pinks and blues. I'm curious what socks and boots those are? ♥

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 01:36:55 )
@FUZZY: Oh gosh do I have to pick just one? D; I love trees lol This is a really interesting and unique topic/question too!

I'm with Fire on the maple trees, I love fall leaf colors. And the maple leaf is such a pretty shape too. I also like pine trees because I'm from the PNW so those are home to me lol and I like oak trees for how big and strong they are :3

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 01:43:29 )
Ahah I gotta jump on with Ruby about the pine trees, cause also from the PNW xD
I didn't really wanna include pines cause the needles don't change colour, but I do still love 'em

I guess I also love Cedar (which also don't really change), and willow trees

But actually I think my favourite favourite tree is Araucaria araucana (aka "monky puzzle tree") because they have these crazy branches that kinda look like "hen and chicks" succulents!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 01:55:48 )
@Alchemists Fire: the socks, and boots are the year of the tiger, awe thank you. Maple leaves are the best Oooo that tree looks awesome for branches. And yes cedar smells pretty, pine needles only change when they lay on the ground, not on tree still.

@Ruby: yes, it is a unique topic, with awesome questions, and there are so many different types of maple trees/leaves. Oak leaves have a different yummy fall scent. And I think of pine more around a different time of the year as it gets colder out, but I love your selction of trees.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 02:11:39 )
@FUZZY: Ooh, thank you! I found it in the item museum and definitely one one, the rainbow poses are amazing toooo!
Do you mind if I ask what the pink & blue jacket is from too?

Monkey Puzzle tree is super neat to look at, but I wouldn't wanna grab the branch! They're pokey!
I guess the puzzle is "how would a monkey climb them because the branches are ouchy"

Cedar does smell wonderful ♥
And yeah, I think of Pine being more of a winter kinda tree

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 02:19:02 )
@Alchemists Fire: yeah I think of pine, and cedar as more wintery trees, but there scents are wonderful anytime of the year.

The jacket is Synthwave

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 04:48:30 )
@FUZZY:
@Alchemists Fire:

Wait are pine and evergreen the same tree? xD idk now xD I always thought they were lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 04:56:37 )
@Ruby: There's no difference between a pine tree and an evergreen.

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 05:36:53 )
@FUZZY: okay cool I thought so but then got confused lol I'm from oregon and our license plates have a tree on them lol so those trees definitely make me feel at home

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 05:43:32 )
A pine is an evergreen, but not all evergreens are pines - evergreen is a blanket term for trees that don't lose their leaves like deciduous tries do
Most species of conifers (pine, hemlock, spruce, fir) but not all are evergreens

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 05:53:53 )
@Ruby: I can understand that, and very big pretty trees as well.

@Alchemists Fire: that is very true as well.

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 07:05:35 )
@Alchemists Fire: Thanks! :D I tried to google it but was getting no straight answers rofl

@FUZZY: yes :3 I don't care much for pine sap, but I miss being surrounded by evergreens lol

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 07:38:36 )
@FUZZY: Thank you for sharing the item names ♥, I have more things to add to my wishlist, haha
I laugh when I say things like "blanket term" because I always remember a friend of mine talking about "linens" and then saying "it's a blanket term" and having a big laugh

@Ruby: I'm sorry google was being difficult, I tried to use WIkipedia to get at least a summary to share. I find that usually helps me understand stuff
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 08:00:36 )
@Alchemists Fire: lol I forgot about wikipedia xD thanks! I really appreciate you looking into it to give me an answer x3

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 13:46:54 )
@Ruby: pine sap, isn't fun when its gets dropped on on people or when we accidently touch it. But it does come in handy, at times for making stuff.

@Alchemists Fire: you're welcome, it is alright sorry, I just woke up at 7:13 am

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 13:58:33 )
@FUZZY: That's true! Very versatile~ I just don't like sticky things on me lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 14:42:25 )
@Ruby: good morning, I don't mind sap so much I've learned how to get it off, but there again I like to play with pine sap.

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 14:59:39 )
@FUZZY: Good morning :3 Excited for the event to start?~
Oh? How do you get the sap off? :o

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 15:04:28 )
@Ruby: between rubbing my fingers togethers, and dawn dish soap. Something I rub in the wet dewy grass/dirt
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.