Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Harmony Hills & Anniversary 2023 Come hang out with Rena!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 07:54:51 )
I'm so freaking excited about this event! It's a nice break from looking at cars.

Artist Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 11:04:12 )
@Alorrena: woot woot event thread!!

Donator — She Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 11:34:29 )
@alorrena: hey there it's been a while .. hope your well ? 😁

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 13:21:33 )

Awesome thread. I think you should take a small break.

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 14:37:09 )
@Alorrena: Glad you're excited for the event!
What is this about cars?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 14:54:01 )
@Ruby: yeah!!! Hi Rubes! How are you?

@LilMissKushy: hey good to see you! I'm doing alright all things considered. How about you?

@Totalanimefan: thanks! Yeah, I definitely need it lol I feel like I'm getting closer though, so hopefully soon my break (s) will just be me focusing on the event!

@Vozzy: I am ridiculously excited! I'm trying to find a new to me car. But it's slow going and super tedious. I have a small budget and a couple things that make me say no to a car (like mileage and size). I found one last night that I like though that's a little over budget, but hopefully I can talk my mom into it (she's paying lol) or talk them down a bit.

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 14:59:43 )
@Alorrena: Ah! That's nice. I don't know / care that much for cars. As long as it has 4 wheels, good MPGs, and A/C, I'm happy! lol
Hope you find something soon. Maybe even talk the price down?
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 15:13:38 )
When my son gets his licsence were going to get a new vehicle and give him our van.... he's 16 and could have gotten it by now but he said he wasn't ready to drive yet, so we will see. He's been kinda asking about drivers ed now so I think it's time. That and my SO is already looking at newer vans already, lol.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 15:15:59 )
@Vozzy: I also don't know a whole lot, but Google helps a lot. My requirements are decent mileage (preferably at least 30k under what Google says the general lifetime is), A/C, mpg of at least 17 city, and little to no repairs needed. Oh, also my husband and I need to fit (we're bigger people, and he's tall)

My mom just pointed out /hat the vehicle I was looking at is going to be too small. It looks like an suv pr crossover, but it's actually a hatchback compact car. Oh well. Back to looking I guess.

Donator Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 15:30:38 )
@alorrena: That sucks that the car you want is too small. Did you consider looking at vans? My SO is looking at the Chrysler Pacifica's van. If that's the one he wants I hope it can fit me... plus it needs to be easy for me to get in and out of as well.(I have leg and feet problems and am a bigger person as well.)

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 16:00:48 )
@macsen191: I just saw your previous reply (i also just got my computer up lol). It's nice of you to give your old van to your son! I know when i started driver's ed (i was 14.5, which is the minimum age to get a learner's permit in idaho) i wasn't ready, but i didn't know how to really speak up for myself (still have issues with that sometimes cause anxiety🤷‍♀️) so i went anyway and almost hit a dog my first time driving. I didn't cause i kinda slammed on the brakes. Scared my instructor a bit though cause she didn't see the dog.

I have been looking mostly for a minivan or SUV, but most are either too high mileage (minivans, man, those things last forever, and people keep them!) or cost too much. The nice thing with minivans is they're usually fairly easy to get into and are pretty spacious. My biggest issue i've ever had with a minivan is that the seatbelt wasn't long enough, but that's easily fixed with an extender ( which are nice even if you don't need them, makes it easier to buckle up!).

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 20:19:13 )

@Alorrena: did you see today’s new event item? It’s super cute!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 21:04:10 )
@Totalanimefan: i did! I am OBSESSED! I showed my girlfriend and my sister already lol I kept calling the stingray pancakes sea flap flaps lol

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 21:49:12 )

@Alorrena: Aw cute name. I love the ray stack! I want to use it with an avatar but I'm not sure what else to use with it.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 22:40:18 )
@Totalanimefan: me too, I have an idea, kind of, but i don't know if it would mesh well or not.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 22:55:39 )

@Alorrena: You could save your current avatar and then try to make a new one with the new item.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/19 23:36:41 )
@Totalanimefan: I might. I also can just not save my avatar as i make changes and see if that works out, if not i can revert to what it is now lol

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/20 01:40:04 )

@Alexia:

@Alorrena: Yeah do it! I started one and then I didn't know what to do so I just pulled out another saved avatar.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/20 02:58:36 )
@Alexia: hehe yeah hi is me! :D

@Totalanimefan: I'll have to do it later cause i'm watching Elemental with Tyi and our GF. but i definitely will soon!
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/20 04:57:52 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence | Cheerful Companions | Garland Darlin&rsquo; | Gi-GNOME-ous | Big Ol&rsquo; Jolly

Trading 1x Festive Dear for A Gi-GNOME-ous and Big Ol'Jolly, and if i can get a Garland Darlin' I'd be psyched.

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 'Pokes head in and looks around' Hi. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.