Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — she/they Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/20 16:24:07 )

Looks like it's been kinda slow here. I miss anything important?

Voltie — she/they Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/21 14:53:33 )

@Q t e a p o n: Good, I was working 2 jobs there for awhile and then just got out of the habit checking here even after I quit one of the jobs 😅

The whole reddit api debacle jogged my memory tho lol

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/21 16:30:47 )

@Alorrena: Oh that sucks that you owe the library money. Is it a lot? Wow your temple looks amazing!!

@Justice: Hey thanks for popping in. Sorry I haven't been around. Too much going on in rl. How are you?

@SorrowTheMad: I saw that! I hope you were ok. There is a way to make an at home air purifier if you need to. I can link you to the YouTube video if you need. It costs like $30 and makes a big difference. We had smoke again this weekend but it wasn't as bad and now it's going to rain all week long. I hope that helps all the smoke wash away.

@Lilykin: Thank you so much! And thanks. I was above 1,000 for a while and then I guess someone deleted their account or something and I was like 30 pages off and then made it back to 1,000 lol. What have you been up to? ^^

@Q t e a p o n: Thanks! And I always appreciate you stopping by.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/21 16:36:25 )

As for what I've been up to,

New park opened up near me. My sister moved in and she brought a puppy that's an Aussie (so a working dog, aka a lot of f*ing energy lol). So we are training him cause he's scared of the changes in moving here but he does love the dog park. He goes every day that it's not raining or 90F. I'm also helping my sister get used to living here and helping her get her license for DC. (She's a hairdresser)

New park means new events. We went to Jazz in the Park where there was a free Jazz concert and it was really nice. Also a new farmers market too another day.

Also catching up with friends. One friend was having family problems so I hadn't seen her in a month. Spent a relaxing day with her out and about.

Another friend just left for a kinda dangerous thing for his work yesterday. He will be gone for a year and we were helping him and hanging out with him and also saw him off at the airport yesterday.

Another friend was performing live and I went to her concert.

I also work full time lol. Work is getting a little easier. I'm actually writing this while at work lol.

I'm also trying to keep up with like 7 weekly anime shows but the current season ends next week so I'll have a bit more free time after this week lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/21 18:45:34 )

@Q t e a p o n: Thanks! Sorry I didn't tell you about the job. I got it at the beginning of the year and the training was very intense but now I know how to do the base job with ease. It's the stuff that is more rare or only happens once a year that I'm still learning as it comes up.
I'm glad that the dog and my sister didn't live with me then because that was all of my brain power lol.

Sometimes I don't know how I'm keeping it together either. After doing 3 different events on Saturday, hanging out with the couple that was about to leave (just the husband left) all day on Sunday, and then Monday I met another friend for lunch and we walked after downtown DC for a few hours but we called it off early cause it was 90F! (Monday was a holiday in the states).

After hanging out on Monday when I got home I was overly hot and all of my muscles hurt, even my butt lol. So I rested and took a nap. Then yesterday I saw the friend off at the airport and took half a day off work but then I had to come home and I worked some extra hours to make up for what I lost cause I'm paid hourly not salary.

AND I'm still waiting on the condo to finish being built that I agreed to buy/signed the papers for Feb 2022. It's almost done so my husband and I had to do the mortgage stuff and we are calling once or twice a week for updates on the unit. Still no exact date for move in. Probably July. I really didn't want to have to move in the end of summer tho X-X

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/21 19:29:38 )

@sharkun: We were chatting in a different thread but we can chat here instead if you want!

Donator — she/they/him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/22 02:30:09 )

@Totalanimefan:
i'm ok~
just bopping around

Donator — Am Potato Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/22 12:14:24 )
@Totalanimefan: eh, yeah, a bit. There were like 14 books i had checked out and then had to move suddenly so they got packed up and put in storage, and i had no way of getting to my storage unit before i could return them on time (i ran out of renewals on them too), so i got a bunch of late fees, and then by the time i was able to get to my storage unit the library had marked them as missing, and while i returned them, my account is still showing them as missing, so i have to pay the fines for the books as well as the late fees. It's currently not something i can afford, but maybe in a couple months when i'll have 2 free paychecks. We'll just have to wait and see though.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/22 14:36:12 )

@Justice: summer is a good time for taking it easy. Any plans this summer?

@Alorrena: that’s harsh. I wonder if the library had a forgiveness program? Like you could show your income and the. They don’t make you pay the fees or it’s very reduced.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/22 15:02:22 )
@Totalanimefan: They probably do, but i have bad social anxiety and would rather just pay what is owed on my account. It's also not like i won't be able to, i just have to wait until like august to have the extra money. Technically june is a 3 paycheck month, but because of how rent and bills land, i won't be able to count the 3rd paycheck as a free check until around late july/early august.

Voltie — she/they Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/22 15:44:53 )

Totalanimefan:

@Lilykin: Thank you so much! And thanks. I was above 1,000 for a while and then I guess someone deleted their account or something and I was like 30 pages off and then made it back to 1,000 lol. What have you been up to? ^^

Dang, that's a bummer. I think the only places I ever scrubbed my account on were MySpace and a vampire forum lol. Everything else is a shrine to my cringe youth XD

Been working on my art. 15 mins at a time with ADHD music blasting in my ears but progress is progress lol

Q t e a p o n:
@Lilykin: I know, it's so easy to get caught up with work. What is this reddit debacle? I don't really used reddit.

They're revoking API access for most apps/plugins and charging an exorbitant amount to use it again. The big problem is most subreddits use bots and 3rd party apps to help moderate because the native app and mod tools are crap. Mods are also volunteers, so basically reddit wants to charge them to help moderate forums 🙄

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/22 17:58:11 )

@Alorrena: Don't rush on paying back the library. It's more important bills are paid and food/rent is paid.

@Lilykin: Yeah I kept them all too lol. Oh nice that you are working on art. ^^ I've been working a lot this week. I did get to play Sun Haven last night which is a farming sim on steam. I like it. Also that's a really good way to explain what is happening with Reddit. I use reddit a lot and I've been following it.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/22 20:58:09 )
@Totalanimefan:
@Alorrena: -hugs you both-

Donator — Am Potato Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/22 21:13:21 )
@Totalanimefan: Fortunately right now my mom's been helping out and buying our groceries each week, so that's always nice. And with what i get from my job working with my sibling as a caregiver i can pay for the rest of the bills with a little extra on the second check of the month, but we usually end up spending it so our lives aren't completely boring. So when the paychecks line up in like august, i'll be able to take care of the library.
My first check of the month before the 15 pays rent, which is due the 15th lol. It also pays me phone bill and the electric, unless the electric is high, and then that's paid the second paycheck. And then on the second check we pay our subscription services and anything else we need/want. So because of that way of doing things, if we were to take the paycheck that lands on the 30th, we'd be late with our july rent payment and we can't do that lol

@DreamerZ: -hugs- hey bestie! How have you been?
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/22 22:54:07 )

@Q t e a p o n: Yeah we have but I think this is the last one. We bought a place instead of renting. We also bought a place in 2021 but it was a huge money pit and our neighbors were CRAZY. So we rented and looked for a new place. The new condo is still being built.

Yeah the timing worked out well lol. There was actually a case today that I had to ask a coworker about cause I didn't know the answer to it. One of the firms was decertified out of the program last year from their home state but when I looked in the online decertification database I didn't see that firm's name. So I asked my coworker what I should do about that.

How's your day doing?

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/22 22:55:13 )

@DreamerZ: Hey how have you been? How's the weather been down there?

@Alorrena: That's good. If you are able to, you can also go to a food bank too.

Donator — she/they/him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/23 00:12:00 )

@Totalanimefan:
not really tbh
still working on moving

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/23 01:47:49 )

@Justice: When are you moving? I'm about to work on that too. I just got my moving date. It's one month from now.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/23 02:12:55 )
@Alorrena: lil lonely w/o yall. lol
@Totalanimefan: lotta rain, dear tot

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — she/they/him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/23 02:19:03 )

@Totalanimefan:
i dunno its been taking longer
to pack and get ready than
anticipated, i dont have the
metal strength to work on it
everything sort of thing~

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.