Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries V.A.G - Voltra Artist Gallery - Page Prizes

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/22 01:41:23 )
@MoodyB: I have added you in there, thank you so much! ^-^
Yeah, I do find that I allowed myself to lurk more often than posting for quite some time, I'm really trying to get into posting and talking to people again. Im sad to see only a few faces I recognize now though! How have you been? I adore your avatar by the way, its too cute!

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/22 01:52:25 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: Yay, awesome!
Yeah, i don't tend to be such a big talker i suppose these days XD i feel i just talk about art XD
but that's probably a good thing in this thread x3

I've been pretty good! been working on losing weight lately and getting back in shape
tho now i am absolutely tired lolol.
how about you?
Hehe thank you! I was trying to make her into some kind of OC Maybe.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/22 02:06:37 )
@MoodyB: Yeah you can't go wrong talking about art here! It's part of why I made all art into one, so that regardless of what kind of art we do or are in too, we have somewhere to show it off and also talk about it!

She is super cute and would make an amazing OC! or even a cute character for a children's book :p

How is the weight loss going? Ive been debating if I should start myself, the only issue is my lower back was injured at work, so right now I would be incredibly limited until its healed. .but I do need to loose a good fifty pounds. get my butt back into my favorite jeans lol

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/22 05:50:41 )
A random voodoo doll I did for Bean as a thank you for not charging me full price for all the items I bought! lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/22 07:37:07 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: Yess that is honestly fantastic and perfect for me. I will talk hours about art if I can XDD

Ooo i never thought about that. That would be cute.
I did draw her a while back.

probably drew this a few months ago just to experiment with my style.

I feel i have lost some weight since i'm going back to going to the store with my dad every week. Though I think i need to lose just as much as you
to fit into some of my old jeans. right now i am a size 12. But barely lol. but my thighs have slimmed down somewhat.

I totally get injuries. If anything you could try some light stretches.
I had a terrible knee injury last year that has made getting back into shape quite difficult.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/22 07:52:49 )
@MoodyB: oh my God, your art is just beautiful 😍 seriously! Once I get caught up on some items I swear I'm going to have to go around and bribe a bunch of you guys for some art! It's so pretty to look at!!!

Yeah, size 14 here, so not quite as small as you, bit I find if I get below 12, it doesn't suit my build and I don't feel as comfortable in my own skin. So hoping the 50lbs will bring me nice and comfy to 12. Lol
I've been thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to talk to my physiotherapist, imnsure he can give me some exercises that won't hurt my lower back too much

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/23 01:29:23 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: Haha thank you. Been working hard to overall figure out my overall style. Still a work in progress XD
I'm going to be taking some skillshare classes in May just because i need help with my lighting. Haha that sounds great!
I need to update my shop. Might just make it a PWYW since im terrible at pricing.

Yeah. I feel my weight has been getting better since i'm getting more active. I'm not super active from the weather being so random
and i still can't go hard with carido due to i have some breathing issues. mostly my deviated septum causes issues for me.
But I think my goal for jeans is to be below a 12.

i totally get not suiting your build. Also i dont look terrible as a size 12, it doesn't quite feel like me.
I used to be tho very petite until birth control wrecked my body XD

Yess Good idea! I hope you are able to work something out.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/23 03:37:49 )
@MoodyB: you know what, at the end of the day I have to say that whatever size we choose, we choose that size because it makes us feel the most comfortable. I have wide hips and thicker legs, even when I lose weight it's just how my muscle build is, so size 12 for me makes me feel my happiest and most comfortable, I think as Ling as we are comfortable in our own skin, that's what matters lol
We weren't all built to be the same, otherwise, we wouldn't be unique lol that's what I tell myself anyway haha

I could use some classes myself, and better equipment for drawing. Right now I have to doodle it, then take a picture, put it on my computer and use photo filter a program to painstakingly draw every line and detail using my laptop mouse pad and finger xD If I had better equipment it may be faster and maybe even look cleaner. The fact is I don't do art online as much these days. Now it's mostly painting signs for people's homes lol it keeps me busy enough with work

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/24 18:27:03 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: Yes I so agree! good news tho is I did lose some weight. my jeans are easier to button. I've been walking 2k steps each week. so we are getting there. i am happy with that progress.

oof yeah. I do recommend XP pen for tablets. can't beat their sales! I hope you can get better equipment so it'll become easier for you. I'm lucky I invested in one recently. though I need to get a s reen tablet

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/27 00:23:51 )
@MoodyB: Sorry for the wait, I was so busy with work that I wasn't able to get one right away lol

Oh, that's fantastic, well congratulations on that! its always a great feeling to lose a little weight, I feel like it keeps giving you the motivation to keep going and not give up as quickly lol I use it as my booster usually lol

Yeah, I need to look into it, I have a whole week off coming up, so maybe ill put some time aside to actually go and get something, lord knows it's going to be a long learning curve even if I get something, like starting over haha

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 22:39:46 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: Its no problem! had a busy week myself between the dentist and grocery shopping

Yes exactly! I feel I am nearly there! I don't have a scale, but I can tell just by the look and feel of my stomach I'm nearly at my goal.

haha I know what you mean. if you need help I'm always here. I've used non-dsplay tablets for well over a decade.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/29 03:07:24 )
Oh! I love this thread. Not gunna lie, I chuckled pretty hard at the name VAG. XD <333

Donator — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/05/5 05:58:26 )

* slides into thread * c:

ima stop lurking so much and start posting lol

hello everybody!!
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/05/8 03:31:18 )

i finished a request for a friend finally~
c:

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/05/8 10:42:53 )
@Koah: it made me laugh when I realized, so it stuck xD I'm glad others enjoy it too haha

@MoodyB: actually, it becomes a sea to me, so many options and not knowing what the best fit would be.. what would you suggest for beginner? I'm hesitant to spend like a grand in case i absolutly hate them haha

@Valefor: Welcome darling! I know its a hard hait to break I find I've adjusted to lurking haha you and I can work together on that if you want? :p I have to try hard too!

@Justice: oh?! Are we allowed to see it?!

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/05/8 22:08:15 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: I would go for a non display in the beginning just so you can adjust to it easier. those are usually only around $100. sometimes less. but there are some less expensive options for screen tablets if your set on a display tablet.

I have XP pen's decro Pro which I got on sale. roughly over $100.
I do plan to save up for the artist 12 2nd gen.
but mostly because my laptop screen volors are so off lol.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/05/9 00:06:14 )
@MoodyB: I've noticed that on my own laptop. I do photos for family and I edit them to be so beautiful and then I look on a different device and I have to take a second look! It's so obnoxious, takes twice as long to do anything lol

Hmm, okay ill have to keep an eye out then, I need something that will give me smoother lines and better details. Even if it means starting over and my drawings being a bit crappy haha

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/05/9 01:03:45 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: mine is like extremely off. my laptop outputs everything in a very blue/gray tone. its so annoying.

you'll need a tablet I think with the highest pen pressure which is about 8,195 levels I think? most tablets have that.
for smoother lines I also adjust my pen smoothing lines on my art program. I use clip studio but I know most programs have a stability setting for smoother lines.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/05/9 01:33:55 )

@Mandy Amour:
here he is~

His name is Lupo~
my friend's italian
greyhound sona~

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/05/9 12:32:40 )
@Justice: so cute! I think you did a fantastic job! Loving the colors and the fact he is pink! Lol

@MoodyB: so much to know before buying haha. It really is alot of important information. I was going to just buy one online but I'm thinking maybe my best option is to go to a store and talk to someone and let them explain things to me before I buy, especially since they probably know more about the products than I do! Haha I'll just explain what I'm looking for xD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.