Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/23 15:54:45 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh my :o I didn't know those two connected! But then again several days ago I did have a smol ear ache on my left ear while I had a sore throat. But it went away like an hour later.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/24 13:48:03 )
@Purpsy: Yes, these alerts come across the phone. Well, they don't any more because I turned them off now...

I'm happy to hear that you're recovered and taking the time you need to recover further. :3 Napping and relaxing is a good way to spend the weekend, imo. :3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/24 13:50:05 )
Good morning

Since it has been a while and since Monday seems to be a good day for it, it's time for a Random Question! ~~~~~~~~~>>> What's something you learned in the last week?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/24 19:10:07 )

@Purpsy: Yeah eyes, ears and throat are all connected.

@Wildfire: My weekend turned out extra busy and I didn't even have time to check Voltra lol. I hope you are doing well today.
Last year after her and her abusive BF broke up I told her she could move to DC and live with me in our 2nd bedroom if she wanted. She decided yes after a few months and honestly it can't come at a better time cause her ex just came back to her city after he was away on work for a few months. She is soo worried that he is going to come to her house and she's worried that he is going to take the dog cause he threatened her with that while I was away on work. He knows where she lives cause it's where she moved to after they broke up.
ANYWAY, she is leaving on Friday and my husband comes to help her with the drive on Thursday. So I think as soon as my husband is there she will be ok. I told her if she could stay with a friend, or even a hotel, that would be better.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/25 12:33:21 )
@Totalanimefan: Ouch - I'm sorry to hear about the background prompting the change of address for your sister, but you seem excited to have her living with you, so that's good at least. I'm glad she is no longer in that nasty relationship and wish her (and you) the best of luck with the move! How are the preparations going?

My weekend was fine, thanks - got roped in to sitting with a friend at a craft fair thing all day Saturday and felt half asleep all day, despite four (yes, 4!!!) cups of coffee. Did an errand or two with hubby on Sunday and sat around "recovering" most of the day XD. Yesterday ... errr... Well, yesterday I went shopping for a new bathing suit. And that says about all that needs to be said :/ Today I have a couple of things that I should probably take care of. We'll see if that actually happens. :|

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/25 17:09:32 )

@Wildfire: Yeah it's been in the planning process for a little while, but of course that asshole quit his job early and came back a week before he knew she was moving. My sister said he didn't come by yesterday at least. I hope she can hold out for 2 more days. My husband and I are excited. Unfortunately we aren't in the new condo yet, so she will still have to live in this slightly smaller apartment with us until we all move. Half of May she will be on a trip to Ireland with my mom so it won't feel super cramped.

I guess you really needed the sleep then! I was roped into hanging out at a neighbors place and I like them a lot, I just wasn't that up for being social. I feel like bathing suits are sooo expensive! All the cute ones are like $150-$200! What the heck. lol

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/26 13:09:52 )
@Totalanimefan: the sudden and unannounced change of plans sounds absolutely on the mark for abusers like that - they like to keep their victims on their toes!! I really hope all goes well for your sister over the next couple of days - it could be critical timing, tbh.

It sounds like things might be a little cramped for a short time, but that it'll be temporary. And all said and done, I'd rather deal with slightly cramped quarters for a little while knowing that somebody I care about is safe and secure. :3 I'm sure you feel the same.

Yeah, bathing suits are definitely expensive and I don't really understand why, tbh.

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/26 13:50:38 )

@Wildfire: Exactly. I could totally see this coming, but I was hoping it wouldn't. She blocked his number, but heard from the mom that he's not in town, he's elsewhere, but I don't know about that one Chief. She's a real big lair. So I told my sister to just assume cause why else would he have quit his job and then posted on social media that he was 'on a flight back'. So it's just shit all around. Unless something happened last night he hasn't been around yet. Hubby will be there tomorrow. He suggested started the road trip at night after he lands and they have dinner, but my sister said it would be too late by the time they packed the car, so they are gonna stay in a hotel in SD (where she lives). Also he better not show up today or tomorrow cause I'm worried he might do it now when there is too little time to get the dog back or work things out. But she said he doesn't have a key, her roommates know and she told him to call the cops if he shows up.

Yeah it's no sacrifice for me to know that she will be ok here (And the dog too). Plus it will be fun being together. We haven't lived close by each other or lived together since 2013. I know we have both changed a lot in that time but in a way it will kinda feel like old times again. I'm very excited for them to get here. I wish it wasn't a 4 day trip!

Yes I agree! Is it cause they aren't really something people buy regularly? So they just jack up the price. They think if you can afford a vacation or to live near the beach, you can afford this expensive-ass suit? lol

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/26 14:04:35 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah... I really hope things go well for your sister (& hubby once he gets there). At least she has a roommate and is not entirely alone in the meantime. My fingers are crossed for you guys :3

The bathing suit was $54 each piece (tankini)... at JCPenney. It's not like I was shopping at a high-end or specialty store, or looking for anything fancy... and c'mon... I'm in FLORIDA! Beaches, pools, water sports... they're kinda everything here, as I know you know. At these prices, people are gonna start skinny-dipping ... and nobody wants to see that! XD

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/26 14:27:04 )

@Wildfire: Thank you. And thanks for listening to me. It's hard when there is only so much you can do.

Yup that sounds about right. Like what the heck. I guess either go the TJ Max route or for $54 a piece you could get something nice at Nordstrom lol
I remember always getting a new bathing suit for Easter and again for my bday in July and then again for Christmas. But I guess I was a growing kid back then. I think they weren't more than $20 and I know that's kid sizes but it's really dumb the prices now. Unless it's your own pool, do not go skinny-dipping lol

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/26 18:08:40 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it's a hard situation to be sure! It seems like you've got things about as under control as you can right now though, and you have a solid-sounding plan in place. People like this ex can be highly unpredictable though, so again, I wish you guys luck - especially over the next day or so.

At $54/piece at JCP, I don't know that I want to see the prices for bathing suits at Nordstrom or Macy's or anywhere at this point... good grief!! @_@

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/26 22:34:40 )

@Wildfire: Thank you. So far I haven't heard anything and I keep checking my sister's location. She has been running a lot of errands obvs. So I hope he doesn't show while she is out and about.

Norstorm is like $135 for a One Piece or $70 per piece. I would get that over JCP quality but $54 a piece. But I think the only way to get one on the cheap is TJ Max or Marshalls.

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/27 13:48:29 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I hear ya on the bathing suits, and on the whole, I agree... I'm just in sticker shock over the prices for the quality of the suit I found (and I'm definitely not interested in doing more shopping for the darn things at this point - ugh! XD @_@).

You've done your planning. Right now, until you can take the next action steps, all you can do is cross your fingers and hope for the best. Still...

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/27 23:35:24 )

@Wildfire: do you have any from past seasons?

Thanks. My husband is landing in an hour and a half, so we are almost in the clear! My sister said that she has been safe so far.

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/28 12:45:06 )
@Totalanimefan: lol... yeah... I'll figure it out. XD
I'm so glad that you guys are almost in the clear and have escaped this unhealthy person. I hope that remains the case :3

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/28 14:20:28 )

@Wildfire: I hope so too. I'll ask them how last night went. And I learned that she hadn't been sleeping at that place, and her and the dog were at a friends house. So I think that's how she avoided him. (My suggestion)
Cause of the time difference, in a few hours they will start the trip!

On a downside, I made myself toast this morning and while I was eating the 2nd piece I noticed it was moldy. I hope I'm not sick later damnit. Just trying to have breakfast lol

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/28 18:22:15 )
@Totalanimefan: nah... you're good, because after all, moldy toast = penicillin XD LOL - I'm j/k. I sincerely hope you don't get sick. I'm betting you won't, though. If it were bad enough for you to not notice right off the bat, it probably wasn't enough to cause any real issue if you ingested some. Still, good luck. :3

Yeah - smart move not staying at the usual place. It sounds like it worked.

So what else is going on with you this week? Got any plans for the weekend (other than waiting for family to arrive)?

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/28 18:34:53 )

@Wildfire: Haha I wish. I read that the mold that grows on bread isn't a good for you mold, not all are created equal lol. If only it was though! I think I'm ok, it's been like 3 hours and I feel ok, maybe I'll be feeling it in another 8 haha.

Thanks. I was going to go to an Eco Market tonight after work but today is a wash out so not going now. I think I'll clean the place instead.
On Saturday I'm meeting a new friend I just met two weeks ago. So that will be fun and at night I'm going to a different friends house and I'm bringing some board games. :)

Sunday is a free day to chill or clean or do whatever I want. :)

What about you?

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/29 19:50:16 )
@Totalanimefan: ....... eh... I'm sticking with "penicillin" XD XD rofl! XD It doesn't sound like it adversely affected you. That's good :3

Saturday with friends. That sounds good :3 My Saturday is turning in to laundry, reading, watching hubby play video games, and other random sh*t. XD ... and dodging rain (& dealing with dogs who hate storms), because apparently, suddenly, it's that time of year again.

Tomorrow... I'm not sure what to expect at this point actually. We have no solid plans, and I think the weather is supposed to still be rainy and stormy, so... who knows /shrug/

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/1 14:43:20 )

@Wildfire: Yes that is good cause I didn't want to spend a Friday night sick haha
It was raining soo much on Friday and Sunday here. They were both complete wash outs. I think we got at least an inch of rain each day. Some places it was an inch and a half. Your Saturday didn't sound bad. ^^

Did you see that there was a bad tornado in West Palm Beach? I saw the footage and there were damaged cars, roofs, boats, it looks like a mini hurricane without the water damage.

Oh and by the way. He did call her before she left, but didn't tell me until she was already on the road. He called her from a different number so she would pick up and he was like were are you right now? Have you left? When do you leave? We need to meet. And she said no but was scared. Then he messaged her the next day saying that he's filing a police report for a missing dog in CA and DC.
What an asshole.

Anyway, I do think that she is safe now. I feel like the police do nothing after they file a report. I've had my car broken into enough times in CA to know they don't do shit. Plus my sister has proof that it's also her dog... Just wanted to update you. We don't have to talk about it if it's too heavy

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.